+ Reply
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: 'Photo Organizer' Adds Many Useful Organization Features to Your Photos App

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
For those of you that like keeping your albums and photographs nice and organized on your iOS devices, Photo Organizer is a free jailbreak tweak that you don’t want to
...
  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,685
    Thanks
    194
    Thanked 969 Times in 711 Posts

    Default 'Photo Organizer' Adds Many Useful Organization Features to Your Photos App


    For those of you that like keeping your albums and photographs nice and organized on your iOS devices, Photo Organizer is a free jailbreak tweak that you don’t want to miss by iOS developer lordscotland. With it, you can add a number of useful features to the Photos application that will make organizing your photos more manageable than ever before.

    To start, the tweak lets you move photos around within your album grid view. You can tap on the action button at the bottom left of your Photos application when you’re in album grid view, and then you’ll be able to tap and hold on a photo in that album and drag it and drop it anywhere in the album grid. This is great for keeping your photographs in a special order inside of an album.

    In addition, you’ll be able to move (not copy) your photographs from your Camera Roll to another album. Since it’s being moved, and not copied, you can delete the original photograph from your Camera Roll and the moved photograph in the second album will stay where it is. This helps you keep your Camera Roll uncluttered, while still allowing you to keep organized albums.

    If that’s not enough, after tapping on the action button at the bottom left of the Photos application when you’re in album grid view, you can use two fingers to tap on two photographs at once and every photo in between the selected photos will be selected. This feature makes it a lot easier to select more than one photograph at once if you want to delete photographs in bulk.

    Last, but not least, Photo Organizer will also let you rearrange your albums when in album list view. Apple already lets you do this stock, however Photo Organizer allows you to make it so Camera Roll isn’t the first album in the list. This is great for keeping your favorite photograph album at the top of your album list at all times, if you want to. You can even rename the Camera Roll and swipe across photo albums to delete them.

    Photo Organizer does a lot for a free tweak, and it's pretty nifty. You can download it for free right now from the BigBoss repository.

    Name: Photo Organizer
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-2
    Requirements: iOS 5+
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: lordscotland
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

  2. #2
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Does any of this sorting follow when you move pictures off the iDevice?

  3. #3
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Does it allow the renaming of photos inside the photos app? Been waiting 5 years for something that does something like that...

  4. #4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    762
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Sounds better than the paid tweak, PhotoAlbums+

  5. #5
    iPhone? More like MyPhone taxbax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    107
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    But does it sync? The problem for me with these tweaks is that I use iPhoto and I keep things very organized there. It would be a waste of time for me to do that on the device. However, If I could do the organization on the device, and it synced to iPhoto, that would be huge!

    Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
    Sounds better than the paid tweak, PhotoAlbums+
    agree

  6. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    155
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by negativez0 View Post
    Does any of this sorting follow when you move pictures off the iDevice?
    Quote Originally Posted by taxbax View Post
    But does it sync? The problem for me with these tweaks is that I use iPhoto and I keep things very organized there. It would be a waste of time for me to do that on the device. However, If I could do the organization on the device, and it synced to iPhoto, that would be huge!
    Would also like the answer to these questions.

  7. #7
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Is it compatible with PhotoAlbum+ ?

  8. #8
    Mod Samurai Pinoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,645
    Thanks
    8,691
    Thanked 13,795 Times in 3,028 Posts

    Works great. Been waiting forever to delete from library and not affect albums. Great tweak

  9. #9
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Wargasmtornado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rockhampton
    Posts
    122
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Sounds like it could replace photoalbums+ on my idevices :-D
    ipod 4G,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    iphone 4,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    i really,really hate using Winterboard

  10. #10
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Doesn't seem to work on my iPhone 5 running 6.1
    I am unable to move any photos from my camera roll to any of the other existing albums.
    Maybe im doing something wrong? but ive tried everything.
    Yes you can move photos around withing the album but big deal.
    App is no good if you cant shift photos to different albums.

  11. #11
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aft3rD4rk View Post
    Doesn't seem to work on my iPhone 5 running 6.1
    I am unable to move any photos from my camera roll to any of the other existing albums.
    Maybe im doing something wrong? but ive tried everything.
    Yes you can move photos around withing the album but big deal.
    App is no good if you cant shift photos to different albums.
    Just to double check i reinstalled again after removing and i can confirm their is absolutely no way i can shift any photos from my Camera Roll to any of my existing albums. Ive tried everything i can think off. Either ive got it totally wrong, or the developer needs to write up a idiots guide to shifting photos from camera roll into other albums.

  12. #12
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canada Ontario
    Posts
    249
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Aft3rD4rk View Post
    Just to double check i reinstalled again after removing and i can confirm their is absolutely no way i can shift any photos from my Camera Roll to any of my existing albums. Ive tried everything i can think off. Either ive got it totally wrong, or the developer needs to write up a idiots guide to shifting photos from camera roll into other albums.
    You have to make a new album than you can move the pictures to that folder it won't work with With pre existing albums. Once you have a new album made go to camera roll select pics you want and add to new album and they will be added but the pics will still remain in your camera roll so now you have to manually delete them from your camera roll and you won't have duplicates.

    I love this app but wish there was a way when I move them to a new folder it just deletes them from the camera roll all in one go.

  13. #13
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    does nt work for me, installed twice...

  14. #14
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I have the same question as above... after you move, swap, change and everything... then you sync your phone with iTunes and then what happens?
    Would be very much appreciated any info on that...

  15. #15
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,685
    Thanks
    194
    Thanked 969 Times in 711 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 2moon View Post
    I have the same question as above... after you move, swap, change and everything... then you sync your phone with iTunes and then what happens?
    Would be very much appreciated any info on that...
    Not sure .

    Free tweak! Try it!

  16. #16
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    FYI: I restored from iCloud today and the good news is that it saved those photos in their respective albums. Device is an iPhone 5 32GB.

    I was having problems with PwnTunes freezing my music app so I'm not gonna be using that anytime soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Not sure .

    Free tweak! Try it!

  17. #17
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Not sure .

    Free tweak! Try it!
    Good point!

    Quote Originally Posted by c687044 View Post
    FYI: I restored from iCloud today and the good news is that it saved those photos in their respective albums. Device is an iPhone 5 32GB.

    I was having problems with PwnTunes freezing my music app so I'm not gonna be using that anytime soon.
    Thnx for the info!

  18. #18
    Mod Samurai Pinoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,645
    Thanks
    8,691
    Thanked 13,795 Times in 3,028 Posts

    Kinda weird this was working flawless. I restored today to remove my OTA version of 6.1! Now I've lost most function with this.

  19. #19
    iPhone? More like MyPhone jps1012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    111
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    How is this app? Does this still have issues? Thanks

  20. #20
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
    How is this app? Does this still have issues? Thanks
    just got me too.. just erease dabout 300 photos. whoops.

    good thing i kiind of had a feeling it might... so they are backed up. still what a pain.

    off to photo transfer app to put them all back in my camera roll! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts