+ Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 6 Untethered Jailbreak Tool evasi0n Version 1.1 Now Available for Download

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Huhh Ohhh...Religion/ethics/opinions...Good luck to you crusaders! I'm so outta here!
    iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Thanks

Huhh Ohhh...Religion/ethics/opinions...Good luck to you crusaders! I'm so outta here!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,642 Times in 3,905 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XweAponX View Post
    Exactly right, my uncle-in law goes on and on about me JAILBREAKING, ya know, just jailbreaking. And other minor stuff I do on the "Fringe" of legality, like making a windows OS become genuine, oh what I do is SO taboo.

Yet he copies and saves EVERY Netflix DVD he rents and saves it in his hard drive.

I copy the DVDs I buy, if they start going bad, that's it.
    Good for you. Your uncle is stealing. And you're doing the right thing. AMAZING! Good job, Xwe! That attitude will serve you well in this life. People will 'trust you'. Imagine that! It's a matter of good character. Something we're lacking more and more of in the youth of today. It's sad. But things can turn around with a good attitude like yours!

Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 6,673 Posts

Please stop the off topic stuff guys. This thread is about evasi0n and the fixes for weather app. Unless your post pertains to this it will be deleted.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Krima (02-08-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ok ok, sorry for the off topic stuff. Basically, if anyone needs to use that unnamed app, there is now a fix for it on Cydia

You delete my last rant? Damn! It was a good one too. Heh.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DieselVexx View Post
    Mulezsti I remember that error code. Had it on my other 4s. Took me a couple days but I finally figured it out.GOOD news your phone is Jailbroken and safe mode mobile substrate could be your answer. Hold down the volume up key when powering up your device. It may take up too a minute but your phone should reboot in safe mode. Then delete that nasty lil cydia pkg that has kept you up all night. Exit safemode and your I5 should boot back up as normal. But by no means take your jailbroken device to and apple store. If all else fails take it to someone that may know a lil more about iPhones than u. The last option has worked for me quite often.
    Diesel,
    Thanks so much for the recommendation. I'll have to say out of all the tricks I've tried, I've never heard this one. My question is, if I don't let the battery drain the phone just constantly gets the apple logo then it beeps/vibrates twice, then the logo gets dim and then blank for a few seconds and all over again. So it's in the recovery state loop or something. iTunes recognizes my phone is there and my computer even asks me to import my photo's if I wanted too but do I need to do an extra step to make sure I'm starting the volume trick at the right time? I will try this before I go to the apple store. That's why I made my appointment so late in the day.

Thanks

My weather app was working fine. then I Download the evader update as a preventive measure and now "reader" doesn't work in safari. When will I learn to leave well enough alone???
    You mean Adobe Reader? I haven't noticed this, I did notice I could not open certain links from my Mail.

I Applied that "Delete Unnameable App" -Re-install UIUikit - Reboot fix last night and it worked, but then this AM weather app wasn't working again. So I applied the fix again, and then I noticed in "changes" a specific fix for it. But that again is an unnameable fix in an unnameable repo, msg me and I'll tell you where to get it, it might fix the reader thing.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Thanks

Mobile substrate safe mode should be an automatic install. Last year one of the updates to it put in this fail safe so you can never brick your JB device. When ever I power up I constantly hold down the volume up button until I see my lock screen. Just be prepared to hold that button for a minute or two. It works like a charm for killing that recovery loop. It may look like the loop is about to start but keep holding the up button down. Hey will someone help this guy out and post the description/ pictures of "MobileSubtrate"? it's in cydia everyone should have it and it has the directions for use. Duty calls! GG!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DieselVexx For This Useful Post:

mulezsti (02-07-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Mobile substrate safe mode should be an automatic install. Last year one of the updates to it put in this fail safe so you can never brick your JB device. When ever I power up I constantly hold down the volume up button until I see my lock screen. Just be prepared to hold that button for a minute or two. It works like a charm for killing that recovery loop. It may look like the loop is about to start but keep holding the up button down. Hey will someone help this guy out and post the description/ pictures of "MobileSubtrate"? it's in cydia everyone should have it and it has the directions for use. Duty calls! GG!
    Ok cool. I left my phone at home so I can't do this technique yet and Lockinfo was constantly causing my phone to be in safe mode till I downloaded crash reporter and I liked that tweak. I can't recall but I think I had mobileSubrate on my sources but if I can get it back running I'll check.

Green Apple
    Thanks

is anyone else having an issue with clicking on "manage account" in cydia? after clicking on it, i click on "connect with facebook" however once i click on that, it take me to a blank fb page and says "page not found". it's been doing this for 2 days now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have used evasi0n and process runs smoothly only I do not the Cydia icon. No security no other apps open but it's we're I get stuck as there's no icon to tap to continue. Some
    One please help. iPhone 5 6.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone iH85CH001's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper488 View Post
    Why'd they leave out the weather app in this update for iPads?
    Because people (like me) didnt like it there. U can still install it from cydia though.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sniper488's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iH85CH001 View Post
    Because people (like me) didnt like it there. U can still install it from cydia though.
    Tried that before and messed up my iPad twice, still wondering why they took it out...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Diesel, I don't believe this and I'm still lost for words, but somehow your volume up button worked perfectly. Thank you so much. I still don't know how that affected anything in the recovery mode but I would like to learn. I did notice that I lose my JB. It's not in safe mode. Might have been the numerous times I tried to restore last night. But can I ask, do you hold the up button every time you download something from Cydia that requires a respring?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,642 Times in 3,905 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper488 View Post
    Why'd they leave out the weather app in this update for iPads?
    WeatherApp has never been available on iPads. Neither is Stocks app. Why? Something silly in Apple's mind, as usual. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by iH85CH001 View Post
    Actually WeatherApp for iPad is NOT available in Cydia. There are tweaks for Weather in Cydia for an iPad but not the original Apple weather app we have on iPhone.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok now I understand how the volume up and mobile Substrate work hand in hand. Now my phone boots up no problem. It doesn't appear to be in the usual safe mode(meaning I can't swipe the top to respiring back to JB mode) but ever time it boots up its not in full JB mode. But I have Cydia and all my JB tweak tiles for settings and what not. How do I reboot into the JB mode?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUnDeaD View Post
    who already owns Appsyn. YOU DONT REALLY NEED TO RE-JAILBREAK !! just follow these steps
    1.Uninstall Appsyn.
    2.Reinstall UiKit Tools version 1.1.7
    3.Reboot your device
    4.Weather app should be working now
    5.Reinstall Appsyn.
    6.Weather App still works also (:
    This did not work for me and weather app is still crashing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mulezsti View Post
    Ok now I understand how the volume up and mobile Substrate work hand in hand. Now my phone boots up no problem. It doesn't appear to be in the usual safe mode(meaning I can't swipe the top to respiring back to JB mode) but ever time it boots up its not in full JB mode. But I have Cydia and all my JB tweak tiles for settings and what not. How do I reboot into the JB mode?
    Never mind. I figured it out. THANK YoU for the help. I'm back in business. And I learned something about mobile substrate.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I made a backup before jailbreaking my iphone 5. Now I want to rejailbreak it with the new version. I restored the backup and everything went fine except the phone is still jailbroke. When you open up evasion 1.1 it says not to jailbreak over an existing jailbreak. I want to jailbreak it with the latest version so do I have to restore back to factory just to rejailbreak?

Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 6,673 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archie26 View Post
    I made a backup before jailbreaking my iphone 5. Now I want to rejailbreak it with the new version. I restored the backup and everything went fine except the phone is still jailbroke. When you open up evasion 1.1 it says not to jailbreak over an existing jailbreak. I want to jailbreak it with the latest version so do I have to restore back to factory just to rejailbreak?
    You don't need to rejailbreak. Just install the evasi0n update in Cydia. Does the same thing.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Krima (02-08-2013)

Thanks

Having a different issue since the jailbreak: I get notifications that I have updates in the AppStore, but when I tap on updates, it just hangs, and then it says "Network connection was lost". It obviously isn't, since the other tabs within the AppStore work and update. Safari loads; iTunes loads. Could be on Apple's end, it's just ironic that this started right after the JB for me.

Anyone else experience something similar?
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR