+ Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Update Pushed for evasi0n Untether Package to Fix Weather Crashing and Long Boot

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Works for me iphone5
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Works for me iphone5

Thanks

If you are still having problems and don't pirate then send your syslog to PlanetBeing. If there are still problems he wants to know so he can fix them.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,195 Times in 6,976 Posts

Worked for me right away after reboot on my iPhone 5 and iPod touch 5.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 767 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Worked for me right away after reboot on my iPhone 5 and iPod touch 5.
    Worked for me right away on my iPhone 5 and iPhone 4.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nitox View Post
    updated on ipad 4, removed the weather app but now cydia is miniaturized and not usable.
    I had this same thing happen and fixed it. What you need to do is open the app switcher and close out of Cydia. Then do a hard reset. If that doesn't work, throw your device into Safe Mode and try reinstalling the tweaks. There might have been an install error.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Weather app still crashes on my iPod touch 4th gen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gamefreak5678 View Post
    I had this same thing happen and fixed it. What you need to do is open the app switcher and close out of Cydia. Then do a hard reset. If that doesn't work, throw your device into Safe Mode and try reinstalling the tweaks. There might have been an install error.
    Just rebooting into safe mode and back out has worked when this has happened with the past few JBs.

As it seems to be a recurring theme, maybe it should be looked into, but as it is so simple to fix it isn't a priority.

When it first happened MN was helping me troubleshoot it until someone else found the fix. Might asking about it again when he's not so busy.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

sju
    Thanks

3gs 6.1 weather still not working

iPhone? More like MyPhone P!K@N!MO's Avatar
    Thanks

Weather app working now after installing the update..i5 6.1 >>thank you evad3rs team!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MacOSG View Post
    Weather app still crashes on my iPod touch 4th gen.
    Quote Originally Posted by sju View Post
    3gs 6.1 weather still not working
    See post #101

Thanks

OK, I managed to get it working. What worked for me is planetbeing's tip of uninstalling A**sync (after the new UiKit kit update), then deleting /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist using ifile. Then I rebooted (moment of panic when I lost all my app icons); tested weather app and found it to be working, then reinstalled A**sync from Cydia, rebooted again, and all my icons were back and all seems to be working fine.

If, like me, you were stuck and all the fixes weren't working and haven't tried these steps, I suggest you give it a go.

Green Apple
    Thanks

1) I uninstalled the utility (which I will describe because the mods on this site have now banned even typing the word) that allows your iDevice to sync any pirated apps to iTunes (it starts with an "A ," ends with a "c" & & has 7 letters)
    2) I deleted "com.apple.mobile.installation.plist" & "com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore," (located in var>mobile>library>caches)
    3) I rebooted & it worked!!!

*** Bonus: Next, I reinstalled the app described in step#1 for iOS 6 & rebooted... & the weather app STILL works fine!

NOTE: It's despicable that modmyi is actually banning (non-profane or threatening) words- alla some tyrannical regime.
    I GUARANTEE a lot of traffic will be lost to sites that don't have such despotic moderators... starting with me ;-)

Thanks

This site has never condoned pirating and I am sure would not miss you if you do decide to leave.
    This is a site for modded who use jailbreaks for what they are meant for.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,195 Times in 6,976 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jetsetjoey View Post
    1) I uninstalled the utility (which I will describe because the mods on this site have now banned even typing the word) that allows your iDevice to sync any pirated apps to iTunes (it starts with an "A ," ends with a "c" & & has 7 letters)
    2) I deleted "com.apple.mobile.installation.plist" & "com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore," (located in var>mobile>library>caches)
    3) I rebooted & it worked!!!

*** Bonus: Next, I reinstalled the app described in step#1 for iOS 6 & rebooted... & the weather app STILL works fine!

NOTE: It's despicable that modmyi is actually banning (non-profane or threatening) words- alla some tyrannical regime.
    I GUARANTEE a lot of traffic will be lost to sites that don't have such despotic moderators... starting with me ;-)
    Firstly the moderators don't set the auto-censor words. The owners of the site do.
    Secondly if you are unable to read and follow the rules of the site then you can be on your way. The door is over there, it starts with G ends with e & has 6 letters.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

confucious (02-06-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me ssemmel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eskco View Post
    Ok updated with the untether update on iPhone 4S with 6.1, rebooted then tried weather app, it crashed again. Went to Cydia and and installed the update from Saurik with the UIKit Tools 1.1.6 and then rebooted. Now the weather app works and no long boot ups. I never had that issue to begin with though with either my 4s or IPod 5th gen.

Install untether update then reboot, then install UIKit Tools update and you should be good to go.
    Followed your steps and worked perfectly on my ip5... Thx!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    To fix the weather app, if it still ain't working after updating evasi0n, just uninstall *******, respring and your weather app should work. Then reinstall *******, weather app should keep working.

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

Fixed mime!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

wow, I had a little panic attack.
    4s, 6.0.1 unlocked with x-sim.
    After updating with evasi0n, x-sim stopped working and reported invalid sim.
    All fixed after removing the evasi0n update and hard reset.

P.S. weather app wasn't working anyway, reboot time was considerably improved... Was.. now it kind of boots several times before it actually turns on.
    Last edited by ddarxide; 02-06-2013 at 03:16 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Had to restore my i5 twice until i figured out that the winterboard is the one that causes my weather app to crash and also got stucked on apple logo trying to reboot... Now everything seems working fine

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

worked for me thanks