+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mophie's Juice Pack Helium Made Available for the iPhone 5 for $79.95

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Mophie's Juice Pack Helium Made Available for the iPhone 5 for $79.95

Mophie is seemingly one of the more trusted names when it comes to the iPhone and mobile backup batteries, and the company has finally debuted its battery case for the iPhone 5. The Mophie Juice Pack Helium is roughly 13% thinner than the Air version which was released for the iPhone 4S and 4 and is currently retailing for $79.95 directly from the Mophie store, According to the company, the cases should ship in time for Valentineís Day.

The Juice Pack Helium boasts a 1500 mAH battery, which some of you might notice is technically enough to double the 1,440 mAh battery inside the iPhone 5. What this will result in is roughly 6 hours of increased talk time on 3G, or provide another 6 hours of cellular browsing, 7 hours of Wi-Fi browsing, 30 hours of audio playback or 7 hours of movie watching, based on Mophieís statements.

The new iteration of the case will also come in both dark metallic and silver metallic colors, with the dark scheme shipping first. Itíll come packed with the same LED power indicator and forward-facing speaker ports that have made the Mophie line preferred among many over the past few years. As time goes on, more companies are looking to make their products thinner and thinner and Mophie did just that, but ultimately when it comes down to it, if youíre ever stuck in a situation where you need more battery life, having a Mophie Juice Pack can come in extremely handy. An added benefit of having the Juice Pack Helium is that it has a micro USB port to take the place of the Lightning connector, which handles pass-through charging and data syncing just fine. This might come in very handy to those of you who have several micro USB cables (one is included) lying around from other devices and donít want to invest in picking up additional Lightning cables to replace the 30-pin Apple charges from past iOS devices.

Users who are interested can watch the video released by Mophie below:

Being one of my favorite must-have accessories, Iíd highly recommend picking one up if you are on-the-go often or just want a backup source of power.

Source: Mophie

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks
    Finally!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruffy559 For This Useful Post:

Airwaves182 (02-06-2013)

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Got something to use my bestbuy gift cards on. Gonna check this out

iPhone? More like MyPhone regkilla's Avatar
    Thanks

*T*
    Thanks

Obviously Mophie is the way to go if you are serious about getting extra battery, but it is sooo ugly!

2k1
    Thanks

I don't think it looks that bad alot better than the other ones

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the iBattz case looks better. (more juice, removable battery, comes with TWO batteries AND external charger)

Product Pre-Order Registration | ibattz : Global Removable Power Leader

"The ibattz Mojo Refuel Battery Case for iPhone 5 comes with 2 high capacity i9300 2200mAh lithium-ion REMOVABLE battery modules and 2 grooved silver and red colored bumpers for all round protection. It is available in either matte black or gloss white. The battery case is thin, lightweight and complementary to the iPhone 5's minimalistic design. Included with the Mojo Refuel battery case is an external USB charger that lets you charge additional battery modules to ensure you will never run out of juice. A standard USB to Micro USB charging cable is provided for charge and sync directly from the battery case without removing your iPhone 5."

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

I feel like these battery cases make the iPhone 5 look so much longer than it already is.

2k1
    Thanks

I wanna see what it looks like in person

Thanks
    Thanked 13,795 Times in 3,028 Posts

I've always used a mophie case. They are a great product. My i5 thus far has shown great battery in comparison to past models. It's the first time I'm considering going without.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

I received a coupon from Mophie a few months ago for the new iPhone 5 battery case that gave me 15%off. I went to enter it and it said it had expired Jan 30th 2013. When did this case become available to the public? Not sure why they would send me a coupon for the case and set it to expire before the case is available.

iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Thanks

Just got the Mophie Juice Pack Plus in black regularly 99.99 got it for 40 even. Amazing case.