Page 1 of 15 123 11 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ten Wonderful iPhone 5-Compatible Jailbreak Tweaks We Love

Default Ten Wonderful iPhone 5-Compatible Jailbreak Tweaks We Love

With the iPhone 5 having been finally jailbroken (here's how to do it), Cydia dwellers are being cautious not to install tweaks on it unless it’s known that they’re compatible to avoid conflicts and crashing. Here are some rather nice jailbreak tweaks that we’ve confirmed work just fine on the iPhone 5. Additionally, you'll find a developing list, under these 10 jailbreak tweaks, containing other tweaks we know are iPhone 5-compatible.

1. Auxo

Auxo is a great app switcher replacement for the iPhone and iPod touch. iPad support is coming soon. The current version of Auxo runs fine on the iPhone 5 with no crashing. The tweak takes into account the iPhone 5’s taller display, and adjusts the screenshot sizes in the app switcher accordingly. Also, users don’t have to scroll down to reveal the volume slider in the iPod controls on the iPhone 5. Auxo is $1.99 in the BigBoss repository.

2. TetherMe

TetherMe is my personal favorite solution for unauthorized tethering, as it unlocks a feature that is already built into iOS rather than adding a third-party interface. TetherMe is fully compatible with iOS 6 and the iPhone 5, and it can share blazing-fast LTE performance with any device that you pair to your iPhone 5’s connection via iOS’ native tethering. TetherMe can be had for $4.99 in the BigBoss Repository.

3. Barrel

Barrel lets you change the animation of swiping through pages on your home screen. Barrel works fine with the iPhone 5, and with the extra row of icons on the taller, four-inch display. A couple of the animations are a little jittery, but most (almost all) of them work as expected. Barrel won’t cause any problems for you if you want to add these great animations to your iPhone 5! Barrel is $2.99 in the BigBoss repository.

4. Zephyr

Zephyr is also compatible with the iPhone 5, and all of its features work as expected. You can swipe up from the bottom of the display to reveal the App Switcher and close apps, as well as swipe from the sides of the screen to move between open applications. The Notification Center animation also works great on the iPhone 5. Zephyr is $4.99 in the BigBoss repository.

5. OpenNotifier

OpenNotifier also plays nice with the iPhone 5, and lets you assign status bar icons to applications so that when you receive notifications from them, you’ll also get a status bar icon for that application. There are bundle(s) in Cydia that can extend the range of icons you can use in the status bar, so don’t feel limited by the stock ones. OpenNotifier is free in the ModMyi repository. Additionally, the OpenNotifier Premium pack, which adds more icons to OpenNotifier, is compatible with the iPhone 5.

6. SBSettings

SBSettings will run great on the iPhone 5, as well. You can use any of the toggles of SBSettings from either the drop-down Activator-based interface, or the Notification Center-based interface. More toggles are also available in Cydia, but they’re not all compatible with iOS 6 just yet. With SBSettings, you can also change your carrier name, disable certain tweaks, and much more. SBSettings is free in the BigBoss repository.

7. Bars

Bars is a tweak that will make the signal strength indicator for your cellular network more accurate. It plays nicely with the iPhone 5 and the LTE signal strength. It’s a nice little addition if you want to be just a little more precise than Apple wants you to be. Bars is free in the BigBoss repository.

8. WinterBoard

WinterBoard was just recently updated for both iOS 6 and the A6 CPU, so WinterBoard is fully compatible with the iPhone 5. Themes, on the other hand, vary in success, as not all of them have been updated to work on iOS 6 or the iPhone 5 just yet. The theme pictured above is Elite Pro HD. WinterBoard is available for free in the main Cydia repository.

9. Bolt

Bolt will replace the battery icon in your status bar with a bolt icon whenever your iPhone 5 is charging. When you unplug your iPhone 5, the bolt will disappear and the only thing you will see is the battery percentage. It helps remove that somewhat superfluous battery indicator, when the percentage already tells you the status of your battery. It looks cool too. Bolt is available for free in the BigBoss repository.

10. iFile

iFile supports the iPhone 5 as well, giving you all four inches of the display to browse your iPhone 5’s internal filesystem. All of the features work, including copying and pasting files, linking Dropbox and moving files back and forth, and also installing .deb packages! This tweak is a must have for the everyday iPhone tinkerer. iFile is available with an unlimited free trial in the BigBoss repository.

Also iPhone 5-compatible, but not pictured above:

• 3G Unrestrictor 5
    • %hook's law
    • Activator
    • ActiveDock
    • AdBlocker
    • AirplaneScheduler
    • Aloud
    • AppCent
    • AssistantEnhancer
    • AssistantLove
    • AutoLSMusicControls
    • Bars
    • BatteryPeek
    • biteSMS
    • BluSelect 5.0+
    • Bolt
    • Bridge
    • BytaFont
    • CallBar
    • Chip
    • ColorClock
    • CurrencyConverter for Notification Center
    • DietBar
    • Dimmer
    • DisableNC+
    • Display Recorder
    • Enable Copy text in Facebook
    • FastForward
    • Firewall IP
    • FlagPaint
    • FlagPaint Lite
    • Flex
    • f.lux
    • FullForce for iPhone
    • FullScreen for Safari
    • Grafiti
    • highlightGeneral
    • Infiniboard
    • Infinidock
    • Infinifolders
    • InfinityTask
    • Instahancer
    • IntelliScreenX 6
    • LivelyIcons
    • LivePapers
    • LockInfo 5
    • Maximization
    • Messages+ 6
    • More Icons
    • Motion
    • MountainCenter
    • Music Controls Pro 6.0+
    • MuteIcon
    • MyWi 6
    • NCSettings
    • NoNewsIsGoodNews
    • NowPlaying on Status Bar
    • OpenNotifier Premium Pack
    • Overachiever
    • Page2D
    • Pages+
    • Parallax
    • PasswordPilot
    • PowerMusic MiniPlayer
    • Predicter
    • ProTube
    • ProTube 2
    • RageBoard
    • RingerX Lite
    • RingerX VIP
    • RespringCacheFix
    • Safari Download Manager
    • ScreenDimmer
    • Screen Extender
    • Shrink
    • Springtomize 2
    • SubtleLock
    • SwipeSelection
    • SwitcherAnimation
    • Tab+
    • Tall Screen
    • Tap to Note
    • Tap to Remind
    • tapUnlock
    • Topography for Google Maps
    • TwikaFly 6.0+
    • TypingPrivacy
    • Underachiever
    • Unfold
    • Unpower
    • WeeKillBackground Pro
    • Weesearch Pro
    • YFiSelect 5.0+
    • Zeppelin

Developing...
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-23-2013 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Developing iPhone 5 Compatibility List Updated

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

conflict73 (02-09-2013), Ponderous (02-06-2013), Simon (02-06-2013)

Nice article, Anthony!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm glad some of these were updated to 6.1 , but I can't wait till Gridlock get's updates. My theme just doesn't seam to look right without it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirty Dobb For This Useful Post:

joshlogic (02-06-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    biteSMS is also working fine on my iPhone 5

iPhone? More like MyPhone WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
    Thanks

You have developing listed twice. =$

Here's what I don't get....Winterboard works but yet I can't get any of the decent themes to detect that the phone is acceptable. For instance, Elite Pro HD, the theme shown in the Winterboard example, won't download to my iPhone 5 with iOS 6.1. Cydia tells me "Unable to Purchase" and does not give me an override option. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by WithinTemptationFan View Post
    You have developing listed twice. =$
    It's not listed. They're colored red (Web view) to distinguish that the list is in the works and not finished.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-05-2013 at 11:26 PM.

Thanks

Ohh ok. I can't see colored text on my mmi app >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dobb View Post
    I'm glad some of these were updated to 6.1 , but I can't wait till Gridlock get's updates. My theme just doesn't seam to look right without it.
    Use Iconoclasm LayoutMaker and Iconoclasm to get your icons where you want them. Not as easy as Gridlock but same result. !
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

joshlogic (02-06-2013), Mary48336 (02-06-2013)

By the way, if any of you have any tips on iPhone 5-compatible tweaks, please leave a comment about it so we can test it and add it to the list if it checks out!

Thanks

Well I have 5 icon dock, zeppelin and NoNewsIsGoodNews running on mine just fine.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

themeiconmaker seems to be working fine on ip5 6.1

Thanks

Bytafont is on my iPhone 5 but not sure if I can change fonts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WithinTemptationFan View Post
    Bytafont is on my iPhone 5 but not sure if I can change fonts.
    it works on my ip5 btw is there a tweak that lets me use alternative email app as the main email instead of the apple stock one?

SwipeSelection isn't listed here but it is pretty useful. Makes selecting text a ton easier!

There's also bug for display recorder on the iPads where the videos get recorded sideways and upside down.
    Last edited by Scotty Manley Silberhorn; 02-05-2013 at 11:58 PM.

waited for a post like this lol

Nobody uses music box? I think it's a good app every songs on there

BiteSMS working well for me too!

BTW, is anybody else finding it really difficult/impossible to move the brightness slider bar in Auxo?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    BiteSMS working well for me too!

BTW, is anybody else finding it really difficult/impossible to move the brightness slider bar in Auxo?
    yes i have to hit it directly and even then sometimes it wont work

Anyone know any cool theme for the lock screen for the iPhone 5?
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast