+ Reply
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ten Wonderful iPhone 5-Compatible Jailbreak Tweaks We Love

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by shigh Where can i get that free ram widget? I second that
    2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    Where can i get that free ram widget?
    I second that

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    It's ncram notification on Cydia
    Thank u

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

It's ncram notification on Cydia
    Thank you

Thanks
    Thanked 8,354 Times in 4,252 Posts

Auxo UPDATE IS LIVE in CYDIA!!! Gonna check it out 'again'.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,085 Times in 2,243 Posts

Your welcome.

@Newsdestiny go check it out. Of course my ram was still rockin without the update. Did u see what I was working with in my screenshot.

Thanks

Your welcome.

@Newsdestiny go check it out. Of course my ram was still rockin without the update. Did u see what I was working with in my screenshot.
    Yeah, Krima, I did. But you don't run much on your phone in the way of themes/widgets, now do ya? . I like my phone a little more 'decked out' shall we say. But as you well know - ram leakage can also happen in a combination of tweaks. Auxo+ x = leak, Auxo + y = no leak. A bunch of us had an Auxo + x and you had Auxo + y = no leak. COOL for you!. Now with this update - my guess is that there will be no leak.

EDITED:
    After a full reboot, with the stuff I run + old Auxo my RAM sat at about 568MB - before I launch anything. After the upgrade a few moments ago and a full reboot - this is the first time I've ever seen 705MB since I've jailbroken. What can I tell you, guys? Only variable change is Auxo. So they must've nailed it. OR I have some other combo of things happening here. Who knows. But I just did two tests. I should have video'ed them for you - because there will be some who are 'suspicious' of my claims there. LOL!!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-14-2013 at 03:15 PM. Reason: update after upgrade to AUXO

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yeah, Krima, I did. But you don't run much on your phone in the way of themes/widgets, now do ya?
    I'm confused as to how u think that running a full weather html lockscreen, many heavy tweaks, full feature theme like themis,and two weather iwidgets doesn't classify me as "not running much". What else can I put on it? I think that's a lot and if u don't then Man U r doing way too much with your phone.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,756 Times in 6,862 Posts

I am thinking sbsettings may have a memory leak too. I haven't had auxo on my iPad mini and it goes down to 29mb just running a few apps. Only a reboot or a respring takes it back up to full. If I close all the apps in the multitask bar the total ram keeps getting lower and lower until another respring or reboot. Not a big deal on my iPhone 5 because of all the extra ram. iPad mini though apps start losing their "frozen" state when I am jumping app to app. They don't have enough memory so iOS closes them out forcing them to restart again when I switch to them instead of taking me right back to where I was when I left the app.

Hmm, looks like sbsettings and ncram report different ram. Wonder which ones right. Ten Wonderful iPhone 5-Compatible Jailbreak Tweaks We Love-imageuploadedbymodmyi1360881132.371756.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 13,795 Times in 3,028 Posts

Yeah, Krima, I did. But you don't run much on your phone in the way of themes/widgets, now do ya? . I like my phone a little more 'decked out' shall we say. But as you well know - ram leakage can also happen in a combination of tweaks. Auxo+ x = leak, Auxo + y = no leak. A bunch of us had an Auxo + x and you had Auxo + y = no leak. COOL for you!. Now with this update - my guess is that there will be no leak.

EDITED:
    After a full reboot, with the stuff I run + old Auxo my RAM sat at about 568MB - before I launch anything. After the upgrade a few moments ago and a full reboot - this is the first time I've ever seen 705MB since I've jailbroken. What can I tell you, guys? Only variable change is Auxo. So they must've nailed it. OR I have some other combo of things happening here. Who knows. But I just did two tests. I should have video'ed them for you - because there will be some who are 'suspicious' of my claims there. LOL!!
    So did installing Auxo increase your Ram collectively? I'm sure you have done reboots without Auxo on your device at all. And it's the first time you've seen 700mb+? That don't make much sense. Anyway glad you saw the 700s. We are completely OCD but that feels good right?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I am thinking sbsettings may have a memory leak too. I haven't had auxo on my iPad mini and it goes down to 29mb just running a few apps. Only a reboot or a respring takes it back up to full. If I close all the apps in the multitask bar the total ram keeps getting lower and lower until another respring or reboot. Not a big deal on my iPhone 5 because of all the extra ram. iPad mini though apps start losing their "frozen" state when I am jumping app to app. They don't have enough memory so iOS closes them out forcing them to restart again when I switch to them instead of taking me right back to where I was when I left the app.

Hmm, looks like sbsettings and ncram report different ram. Wonder which ones right. Attachment 621999
    I agree, I've been contemplating taking SB setting off until updates. Without the processes button functioning I only utilize respring. Well I guess I turn my wifi off and on but can do those without.
    Last edited by Pinoy; 02-14-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    So did installing Auxo increase your Ram collectively? I'm sure you have done reboots without Auxo on your device at all. And it's the first time you've seen 700mb+? That don't make much sense. Anyway glad you saw the 700s. We are completely OCD but that feels good right?

I agree, I've been contemplating taking SB setting off until updates. Without the processes button functioning I only utilize respring. Well I guess I turn my wifi off and on but can do those without.
    Same here. Just been using it for resprings. Using ncsettings in my actual notification center. I uninstalled sbsettings, gonna see how it goes without it. Don't know what I'm gonna use for respringing though, all the old icon type ones don't seem to work anymore.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,795 Times in 3,028 Posts

Same here. Just been using it for resprings. Using ncsettings in my actual notification center. I uninstalled sbsettings, gonna see how it goes without it. Don't know what I'm gonna use for respringing though, all the old icon type ones don't seem to work anymore.
    Let me know the results.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Bug with latest Auxo update.

Store application screenshots disappear:

The developer is looking into it.

Thanks

Let me know the results.
    Will do

Thanks

Simon why don't u use auxo for the respring. It has a toggle for it. That's what I use. I'm trying my damnest to not install sbsettings. So far auxo takes care of all my needs. The only thing I want is to display my free ram in the status bar and springtomize doesn't work. I messaged the developer on twitter but he never responded.

Thanks

I am thinking sbsettings may have a memory leak too. I haven't had auxo on my iPad mini and it goes down to 29mb just running a few apps. Only a reboot or a respring takes it back up to full. If I close all the apps in the multitask bar the total ram keeps getting lower and lower until another respring or reboot. Not a big deal on my iPhone 5 because of all the extra ram.
    I've been wondering about this myself. It would be very likely SBSettings could be at the bottom of this. And yet I got a lot of RAM back with the new Auxo. But maybe in conference with SBSettings. Hmm.
    ncram report different ram.
    Which ncram? The one in Cydia with capital letters NCRam or lower case "ncram"? There are two by different developers.

So did installing Auxo increase your Ram collectively?
    Yes. If I'm understanding your questions.
    I'm sure you have done reboots without Auxo on your device at all.
    Yes. I wasn't running it at all during the time we were 'debating'. But I put it back on for the last 2 days - old version - and wanted to see if I'd made a hasty judgement. In that time frame I reported my low number of last post. Without it on at all my highest was mid 600's and now with the new one 700's.. So there is a part of that that doesn't make sense. I think I see what you mean. But if it in combo with SBSettings causes something. My mind is getting all 'kerfuffled' with this kind of calculation stuff.
    And it's the first time you've seen 700mb+?
    Yup.
    That don't make much sense.
    Sure doesn't the more I think of it. What could be the deal?
    Anyway glad you saw the 700s. We are completely OCD but that feels good right?
    Yeah - with this much RAM even when I saw 128MB this morning (what that he11's THAT about) my iP5 doesn't slow down at all like my 4S did at low RAM. With respect to KING's "theories" about iOS RAM usage - my 4S was like a "stone-aged Flinstone's car" when the RAM got under 100MB - which it did often. The 5 feels like stock even JB'en and with all the crap I'm running. LOL!!!
    Me too. Only use Respring. and the RAM readout in the status bar. But I'd love to see the high 700's and if any of the other weirdness goes away - like the dimming thing. SBSettings is another tweak SO many will have because of the need for Respring. I guess our only other option for respring on demand is go into Winterboard - click on and then off Summerboard and then respring will be available? Are there other tweaks to just respring?
    Yeah. None of the main SBSettings things I need work - Processes it totally broken.

Well bye,bye SBSettings for a few days.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-14-2013 at 04:25 PM.

Thanks

Simon why don't u use auxo for the respring. It has a toggle for it. That's what I use. I'm trying my damnest to not install sbsettings. So far auxo takes care of all my needs. The only thing I want is to display my free ram in the status bar and springtomize doesn't work. I messaged the developer on twitter but he never responded.
    Ya, I can do that on my iPhone. Don't have auxo on my iPad mini though. It didn't work well at all on that so I uninstalled it right away.

I've been wondering about this myself. It would be very likely SBSettings could be at the bottom of this. And yet I got a lot of RAM back with the new Auxo. But maybe in conference with SBSettings. Hmm. Which ncram? The one in Cydia with capital letters NCRam or lower case "ncram"? There are two by different developers.

Yes. If I'm understanding your questions. Yes. I wasn't running it at all during the time we were 'debating'. But I put it back on for the last 2 days - old version - and wanted to see if I'd made a hasty judgement. In that time frame I reported my low number of last post. Without it on at all my highest was mid 600's and now with the new one 700's.. So there is a part of that that doesn't make sense. I think I see what you mean. But if it in combo with SBSettings causes something. My mind is getting all 'kerfuffled' with this kind of calculation stuff. Yup. Sure doesn't the more I think of it. What could be the deal? Yeah - with this much RAM even when I saw 128MB this morning (what that he11's THAT about) my iP5 doesn't slow down at all like my 4S did at low RAM. With respect to KING's "theories" about iOS RAM usage - my 4S was like a "stone-aged Flinstone's car" when the RAM got under 100MB - which it did often. The 5 feels like stock even JB'en and with all the crap I'm running. LOL!!!
    Me too. Only use Respring. and the RAM readout in the status bar. But I'd love to see the high 700's and if any of the other weirdness goes away - like the dimming thing. SBSettings is another tweak SO many will have because of the need for Respring. I guess our only other option for respring on demand is go into Winterboard - click on and then off Summerboard and then respring will be available? Are there other tweaks to just respring?
    Yeah. None of the main SBSettings things I need work - Processes it totally broken.

Well bye,bye SBSettings for a few days.
    The NCRam one. I just installed the ncRam one as well and that one reports same to sbsettings, like 100mb less than the NC one. Very weird.

Thanks

WOW. I never new about the THIRD row of toggles in Auxo!!!!! The one for turning on the FLASH, as a flashlight is AWWEEEEEEESSOOOOOOME!!!!!! And there's Respring right in there AND turning off the dang LOCATION services arrow if you don't want it. Remember guys, I never said Auxo didn't deserve to be on Anthony's list. I just said it 'had a few issues'. Which it did.

I'm sad to report that when I rebooted after taking off SBSettings - no change in RAM. So I'm not sure that's our leak. (Oh wait - I get into trouble when I use the "royal WE").. Uh.. I mean to say.. So I'm not sure that's MY leak.

Thanks

WOW. I never new about the THIRD row of toggles in Auxo!!!!! The one for turning on the FLASH, as a flashlight is AWWEEEEEEESSOOOOOOME!!!!!! And there's Respring right in there AND turning off the dang LOCATION services arrow if you don't want it. Remember guys, I never said Auxo didn't deserve to be on Anthony's list. I just said it 'had a few issues'. Which it did.

I'm sad to report that when I rebooted after taking off SBSettings - no change in RAM. So I'm not sure that's our leak. (Oh wait - I get into trouble when I use the "royal WE").. Uh.. I mean to say.. So I'm not sure that's MY leak.
    Rebooting isn't going to show you a memory leak. You will see a memory leak after continued use. Say you start off with 300mb. If after an amount of time of using apps you then close out all those apps and you don't get back to that initial free ram then you have a memory leak.

Thanks

Rebooting isn't going to show you a memory leak. You will see a memory leak after continued use. Say you start off with 300mb. If after an amount of time of using apps you then close out all those apps and you don't get back to that initial free ram then you have a memory leak.
    Ah yes!! Well I'll track it that way - now that SBSettings is off my phone. Thanks, Simon! A reboot is my starting place for RAM, right? THEN, if all is well - when I clear the AppSwitcher of ALL stuff - I should get BACK to that number I saw right after reboot. Agreed?

Thanks

Ah yes!! Well I'll track it that way - now that SBSettings is off my phone. Thanks, Simon! A reboot is my starting place for RAM, right? THEN, if all is well - when I clear the AppSwitcher of ALL stuff - I should get BACK to that number I saw right after reboot. Agreed?
    Yup, reboot is starting place. Use your device for a while. Then close everything out of app switcher and see if you can get back up to that initial amount.

So far on my iPad mini with auxo and sbsettings gone I have been able to get back to my max ram. This is only 30 minutes of use though so ill see how it goes after more use. Looking like sbsettings did/does have a leak right now though.