Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 284

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Ten Wonderful iPhone 5-Compatible Jailbreak Tweaks We Love

  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    @Grant- I mean things that are not only ios6 compatible but have been battle tested on a i5. I'm just being patient and not just grabbing every tweak I used to have. Remove Byta and see if it clears your dimming respring. I'm curious. The first I saw it was after that.
    Great!! I will try that. But who would ever expect BytaFont, the old road warrior to be a culprit. It's hardly a 'non-tested' tweak on i5. The days are early yet. Much of this will get resolved. I just didn't understand the 'visceral' reaction to some of us even "suggesting" that this "new kid on the block" tweak called "Auxo" could EVER, POSSIBLY be the culprit. It was a strange reaction from you guys and that's why I pursued it. When the makers of Auxo finally update and we notice greater compatibility, I promise I won't gloat (too much )

    EDITED:
    BytaFont gone and reboot after - dimming problem still exists. .. So BytaFont was not the answer, bro.. I had a hard time believing that...

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    In
    Effect: Snowball off topic posturing....AGAIN.
    If I had the hair to spare I would be pulling it out about now.
    If the negative reaction to me about my assessment of Auxo had been just about "THEIR phone" - I never would have postured the way I did. And the topic of this thread is about "10 WONDERFUL iP5 compatible tweaks". Challenging the compatibility issue of one of the tweaks is squarely on topic, bro. But I hear you, Simon. Backing down now. Keep your hair, bro.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-11-2013 at 05:05 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  2. #122
    Talking to you is equivalent to speaking to a wall Grant.

    And the difference between us is this. I offered Byta font as a possible problem. Only doing so cause for me it caused an issue. I can live with that not being the issue. Or that chance presented the problem when I installed it and maybe it already existed. If you experienced the same situation as me you'd speak of it being a problem as fact. Take to the Internet and find others who have had a issue with Byta font and speak as if it were non negotiable. You are far to matter of fact in how you present yourself. So much so that people who read your posts loose sight of the topic and just want to shut you up. I'll quote something you yourself once said. Most people that have problems don't know what they are doing. 99% of the time it's the operators fault. I fully agree with that.
    Last edited by Pinoy; 02-11-2013 at 05:24 PM.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

    Krima (02-11-2013), Simon (02-11-2013)

  4. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    EDITED:
    BytaFont gone and reboot after - dimming problem still exists. .. So BytaFont was not the answer, bro.. I had a hard time believing that...

    If the negative reaction to me about my assessment of Auxo had been just about "THEIR phone"
    It's not against u bro it's ur style I think. Perfect example is Pinoy gave u a suggestion and u tested it out and that wasn't the issue for u. So u then just had to edit your post and say "I had a hard time believing that..."

    U could have just said "I tried this but unfortunately it wasn't the issue but thanks for the suggestion". I know u wont object to this approach because u have requested the same from others on how they talk to you.

    And last I heard the Auxo devs did say they will push out an update that will greatly improve performance. They seem like upstanding people that take pride in their work and I respect that. Maybe that's one of the reasons why people defend the tweak because they want to defend these developers that they feel have worked hard to address concerns quickly. Not everyone can make that claim from some of the other "established" tweaks.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    Pinoy (02-11-2013), Simon (02-11-2013)

  6. #124
    Guys, the A3tweaks team has admitted there are issues with Auxo. Check their twitter feed. They've stated some folks see the issues and some don't, but there are bugs. They're working on fixing some major issues with it right now.

    I'm grateful to Anthony for this post (a post many of us were looking forward to for a long time!), but I agree with NewDX on this... For noobs coming here with their newly JBd iPhone 5 and loading Auxo - well that's the sort of thing (like piracy) that gives Jailbreaking a bad reputation. A3tweaks should have tested this much more thoroughly before releasing into the wild.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to csglinux For This Useful Post:

    NewdestinyX (02-11-2013)

  8. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    Guys, the A3tweaks team has admitted there are issues with Auxo. Check their twitter feed. They've stated some folks see the issues and some don't, but there are bugs. They're working on fixing some major issues with it right now.

    I'm grateful to Anthony for this post (a post many of us were looking forward to for a long time!), but I agree with NewDX on this... For noobs coming here with their newly JBd iPhone 5 and loading Auxo - well that's the sort of thing (like piracy) that gives Jailbreaking a bad reputation. A3tweaks should have tested this much more thoroughly before releasing into the wild.
    Thanks, Csg, I knew you'd eventually show up and shed more light. Were you the one with the verified RAM leak?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  9. #126
    How does one party have a ram leak? Just curios

    And I don't mean that sarcastically. Maybe my ram should be closer to 800mb. If it has a leak doesn't it have a leak for everyone?
    Last edited by Pinoy; 02-11-2013 at 06:09 PM.

  10. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    Talking to you is equivalent to speaking to a wall Grant.

    And the difference between us is this. I offered Byta font as a possible problem. Only doing so cause for me it caused an issue. I can live with that not being the issue. Or that chance presented the problem when I installed it and maybe it already existed. If you experienced the same situation as me you'd speak of it being a problem as fact. Take to the Internet and find others who have had a issue with Byta font and speak as if it were non negotiable. You are far to matter of fact in how you present yourself. So much so that people who read your posts loose sight of the topic and just want to shut you up. I'll quote something you yourself once said. Most people that have problems don't know what they are doing. 99% of the time it's the operators fault. I fully agree with that.
    I just like to get to issues and clarify. There are ways to track down bugs and I just wish we'd use more standard practices which are less 'subjective'. I understand about speaking 'style'. I hear you. Fair enuff. But you made the recent claim that "if there was a RAM leak, we'd all be experiencing it". I'm sorry Pinoy, I respect you, mucho, but that's just not correct. RAM leak can still be a potential tweak interaction thing. I just started the "Grant vibe" again when I was getting the cult-like onslaught from some who think Auxo could do no wrong. Now we're hearing that the developers themselves are admitting bugs! Why am I not surprised.

    I don't think there's that big a difference between us Pinoy in terms of wanting to get at the best info possible for the forum. But I'll take your criticism of my 'style' under advisement. Thanks for not flaming.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-11-2013 at 06:18 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  11. #128
    Troubleshooting is definitely something I don't need your advice on. I'm a networker. Troubleshooting is my life. In fact I just assisted you in solving a problem the other day. Just sayin. Not to get way off topic but so is Krima. King is a coder. So your are in experienced company in most your debates. I have no problem being wrong. I am everyday.
    Last edited by Pinoy; 02-11-2013 at 06:20 PM.

  12. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    Troubleshooting is definitely something I don't need your advice on. I'm a networker. Troubleshooting is my life. In fact I just assisted you in solving a problem the other day. Just sayin.
    So am I bro. We're equals there. And as I recall we helped 'each other' the other day .. Jes' sayin'.. But there are other areas where ur way ahead of me. No contest. Hope we're cool.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  13. #130
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,594
    Thanks
    6,858
    Thanked 15,284 Times in 7,011 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    cult-like onslaught
    This. It offends people. Not the first time you have referred to people this way on MMi.
    Why are people who have experienced bugs allowed to speak up but people who haven't had issues allowed to do the same?

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    Krima (02-11-2013), Pinoy (02-11-2013)

  15. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    So am I bro. We're equals there. And as I recall we helped 'each other' the other day .. Jes' sayin'.. But there are other areas where ur way ahead of me. No contest. Hope we're cool.
    I have no interest in being ahead of you in anything or standing on my experience here. Im no different or better. If you can help me ill accept it. If I can help you I'd be happy to. Just saying work on your presentation a bit buddy. You are a smart guy. Your just stubborn as a damn mule.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

    Simon (02-11-2013)

  17. #132
    No one said that the tweak doesn't have bugs. Stop putting words in everyone's mouth. People said that they haven't experienced issues. Just like when we debated the issue of winterboard. We came to the conclusion that winterboard was functional but not perfect. Remember Grant we had that convo on semantics.

    I agree with Simon about saying crap like "cult". Why is it a cult when people disagree with u but one person comes to your defense and its"I KNEW IT".

    Now can we get back on track and figure out why people love the Nintendo Wii more than the Xbox. I mean that's why we are all here right?
    Last edited by Krima; 02-11-2013 at 06:33 PM.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    Simon (02-11-2013)

  19. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    This. It offends people. Not the first time you have referred to people this way on MMi.
    Fair enuff. I'll stop it. But "group think" is very common on forums. When I see it - I speak to it. But the words I choose can be more careful for the sake of a good forum.
    Why are people who have experienced bugs allowed to speak up but people who haven't had issues allowed to do the same?
    No double standard with me, Simon. I don't do that. But I was being made out to be as if my experience was invalid. Anthony as much as told me to go beg other developers to work better with Auxo. That felt like a brush off to me. It was communicating his obvious belief that the tweak was clean and any problem couldnt be with Auxo. And not treating me as a peer. But Anthony's the man.. All is well.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-11-2013 at 06:43 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  20. #134
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,594
    Thanks
    6,858
    Thanked 15,284 Times in 7,011 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Fair enuff. I'll stop it. But "group think" is very common on forums. When I see it - I speak to it. But the words I choose can be more careful for the sake of a good forum.
    No double standard with me, Simon. I don't do that. But I was being made out to be as if my experience was invalid. Anthony as much as told me to go beg other developers to work better with Auxo. That felt like a brush off to me. And not treating me as a peer. But Anthony's the man.. All is well.
    Did I in any way make you feel like yours or anyone else's bugs were invalid?

  21. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Did I in any way make you feel like yours or anyone else's bugs were invalid?
    I just explained who in my edit of last post. But you jumped on Anthony's bandwagon, Simon. Jes' sayin'. See my revised last post.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  22. #136
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,594
    Thanks
    6,858
    Thanked 15,284 Times in 7,011 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I just explained who in my edit of last post. But you jumped on Anthony's bandwagon, Simon. Jes' sayin'. See my revised last post.
    I jumped on no one's bandwagon. I saw people posting their experience with Auxo so I figured I would post mine. But then you quoted ME with this:
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    A bunch of others do. It's talked about thru several threads; Bluetooth pairing issue; ram leak; battery drain - all documentable and reproducible depending on whether Auxo is installed or not given the same set of installed tweaks. Just because you and Anthony aren't having troubles doesn't mean that nobody will have trouble. :-)
    Enter snowball

  23. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I jumped on no one's bandwagon. I saw people posting their experience with Auxo so I figured I would post mine. But then you quoted ME with this:
    And my statement was correct, Simon. Forget it. It's very hard to detect "group think" when you're in the "group". It's all good, bro. We can move on. I've learned something here tonight. Thanks for your patience. But Please try to grasp this, Simon: when a leader of a forum posts an entire thread about "10 wonderful tweaks that are ip5 6.1 compatible", if someone mentions "incompatibilities", verifiable among several people he shouldn't get defensive - Especially when the developers of the tweak, themselves, admit to performance problems that they are fixing. And then make me out to be the one who's stubborn. It ticked me off and Showed a lack of respect.

    Grant's rant over now… ;-)
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-11-2013 at 07:08 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  24. #138
    IM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH AUXO!! Un-installed?? How buggy!! Gross!

    Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    IM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH AUXO!! Un-installed?? How buggy!! Gross!
    Thats real right there.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to shigh For This Useful Post:

    Krima (02-11-2013)

  26. #139
    Simon why don't u Change the name of this thread "Top Ten Wonderful Tweaks we love but can't mention them because they may conflict with some other tweaks and since no tweak isn't without it's hiccups because its exploiting a system designed to be closed so maybe we should just not have This thread about tweaks we love and Talk about iOS 7".

    Too long? Feedback appreciated.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    Anthony Bouchard (02-11-2013), Simon (02-11-2013)

  28. #140
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,594
    Thanks
    6,858
    Thanked 15,284 Times in 7,011 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    And my statement was correct, Simon. Forget it. It's very hard to detect "group think" when you're in the "group". It's all good, bro. We can move on. I've learned something here tonight. Thanks for your patience. But Please try to grasp this, Simon: when a leader of a forum posts an entire thread about "10 wonderful tweaks that are ip5 6.1 compatible", if someone mentions "incompatibilities", verifiable among several people he shouldn't get defensive - Especially when the developers of the tweak, themselves, admit to performance problems that they are fixing. And then make me out to be the one who's stubborn. It ticked me off And showed it there certainly is a double standard here sometimes.
    Have you learned something? In your last two posts you did the same things. You say something nice then say I jumped on a bandwagon. Then you imply I am "group thinking" and don't know it. "Plaese try and grasp this". It insults my intelligence. That is called a back handed compliment I believe. Read your initial replies to me and then read how csglinux replied to me. You both said more or less the same thing but in his there was no agenda, no talking down, no back handed compliment, no generalizations about minorities and majorities. He said the issues he had and reported on what the devs themselves said.

    And Anthony is not a leader of this forum. He is a writer. It is his job to report stories on new and wonderful things in the world of Apple and technology in general. I can point to bugs being in a few of those tweaks he put in his story, sbsettings causing safe mode, barrel having graphical glitches (which are now fixed btw, I tweeted Aaron Ash, dev of barrel, with a video of said problem and he had it fixed the next day). Because something has bugs in it a reporter should not report on them?

    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Simon why don't u Change the name of this thread "Top Ten Wonderful Tweaks we love but can't mention them because they may conflict with some other tweaks and since no tweak isn't without it's hiccups because its exploiting a system designed to be closed so maybe we should just not have This thread about tweaks we love and Talk about iOS 7".

    Too long? Feedback appreciated.
    Sounds about right to me lol

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    Anthony Bouchard (02-11-2013), Krima (02-11-2013)

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •