+ Reply
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ten Wonderful iPhone 5-Compatible Jailbreak Tweaks We Love

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Simon I have had zero problems with Auxo on my iPhone 5. A bunch of others do. It's talked about thru several threads; Bluetooth pairing issue; ram
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,020 Times in 4,527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I have had zero problems with Auxo on my iPhone 5.
    A bunch of others do. It's talked about thru several threads; Bluetooth pairing issue; ram leak; battery drain - all documentable and reproducible depending on whether Auxo is installed or not given the same set of installed tweaks. Just because you and Anthony aren't having troubles doesn't mean that nobody will have trouble. :-)
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-11-2013 at 12:16 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,195 Times in 6,976 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    A bunch of others do. It's talked about thru several threads; Bluetooth pairing issue; ram leak; battery drain - all documentable and reproducible depending on whether Auxo is installed or not given the same set of installed tweaks. Just because you and Anthony aren't having troubles doesn't mean that nobody will have trouble. :-)
    Never said that. Just giving my personal experience with it. I don't use anything that requires bluetooth so cannot comment on that.
    The problem with trying to say one tweak or another is the cause of an issue, especially battery drain, with a jailbroken device is that there are so many different combinations of tweaks that it is almost impossible to say for sure which tweak, or even which combination of tweaks, is the actual cause of a problem. And trying to get a base to measure by is almost impossible since everyone has different things installed.

Thanks

Never said that. Just giving my personal experience with it. I don't use anything that requires bluetooth so cannot comment on that.
    The problem with trying to say one tweak or another is the cause of an issue, especially battery drain, with a jailbroken device is that there are so many different combinations of tweaks that it is almost impossible to say for sure which tweak, or even which combination of tweaks, is the actual cause of a problem. And trying to get a base to measure by is almost impossible since everyone has different things installed.
    We're in agreement generally, Simon. But you and Anthony now seem to be in the minority of people using Auxo having a flawless experience with it. And it, in a couple of threads, sounded like you were on Auxo's "sales team". . Despite the truth of your paragraph there, in my experience, solid tweaks don't have as many issues as have been reported about Auxo.

Auxo needs some work, bro.. it just does. When it gets worked on to stability with the top 20 tweaks most of us use it will be amazing! But stability amid lots of tweaks is the hallmark of a great tweak. Auxo isn't in that category yet in my and a bunch of other's experiences. And I personally don't think, in its current state, that It should be pushed by the news forums as 'completely ready'.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-11-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Thanks

But you and Anthony now seem to be in the minority of people using Auxo having a flawless experience with it.
    Proof? FYI there is no such thing as a flawless experience with a jailbroken iPhone. Doesn't exist.
    And it, in a couple of threads, sounded like you were on Auxo's "sales team".
    I have never sounded like that
    Auxo needs some work, bro.. it just does. When it gets worked on to stability with the top 20 tweaks most of us use it will be amazing!
    Your opinion. I think it works fine. Bugs? Sure, what tweak doesn't.
    And I personally don't think, in its current state, that It should be pushed by the news forums as 'completely ready'.
    Ridiculous statement for a jailbreak tweak. For the record Anthony's words were:
    The current version of Auxo runs fine on the iPhone 5 with no crashing.
    Not a all encompassing statement is that? Not saying it has zero bugs is it? Much less so than this for example:

FULLY READY for 6.1:
    • WinterBoard (though some specific themes could not be ready - it would be rare)
    Found some bugs since then haven't we. Sounds and notifications on HTML lockscreens being amongst them.

My point: Don't generalise for all of us. There is no most of us, no minority. There is just your opinion. Someone said they had issues with Auxo, I replied I haven't. I am not saying their problems are not real or should not be addressed. I gave my experience just like they (and you) gave theirs. Such is the nature of the jailbreak community. People use tweaks, people find bugs, devs try and fix bugs. With something that requires such deep integration with the OS and other tweaks that "play" in this same area (multi-tasking bar) all the devs can do is make a tweak work as well as they can without the influence of other tweaks and try to fix the interaction bugs as they come along. Not an easy task in a non-standardised community. And not a reason that a tweak should not be part of a news thread reporting on tweaks that work with a new jailbreak/update.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (02-11-2013), Krima (02-11-2013), TroyJam (02-11-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,706 Times in 2,415 Posts

Proof? FYI there is no such thing as a flawless experience with a jailbroken iPhone. Doesn't exist.

I have never sounded like that

Your opinion. I think it works fine. Bugs? Sure, what tweak doesn't.

Ridiculous statement for a jailbreak tweak. For the record Anthony's words were:

Not a all encompassing statement is that? Not saying it has zero bugs is it? Much less so than this for example:

Found some bugs since then haven't we. Sounds and notifications on HTML lockscreens being amongst them.

My point: Don't generalise for all of us. There is no most of us, no minority. There is just your opinion. Someone said they had issues with Auxo, I replied I haven't. I am not saying their problems are not real or should not be addressed. I gave my experience just like they (and you) gave theirs. Such is the nature of the jailbreak community. People use tweaks, people find bugs, devs try and fix bugs. With something that requires such deep integration with the OS and other tweaks that "play" in this same area (multi-tasking bar) all the devs can do is make a tweak work as well as they can without the influence of other tweaks and try to fix the interaction bugs as they come along. Not an easy task in a non-standardised community. And not a reason that a tweak should not be part of a news thread reporting on tweaks that work with a new jailbreak/update.
    BAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!

For the record I have had a wonderful experience with Auxo. I would even go as for as saying that currently Auxo has less issues than winterboard. But I don't hear anyone saying winterboard is a sub par tweak not ready for prime time. Just my opinion. Love winterboard also.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Simon (02-11-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    BAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!

For the record I have had a wonderful experience with Auxo. I would even go as for as saying that currently Auxo has less issues than winterboard. But I don't hear anyone saying winterboard is a sub par tweak not ready for prime time. Just my opinion. Love winterboard also.
    Hold on, I need to count how many now for each side. Me, you, Anthony, LudaChris, two other mods I know have it and havent had issues against newdestiny, csglinux, gonkowonko, TeflonDon, law111, Feanor64.
    Things are all tied up heading to the bottom of the 9th.....lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Krima (02-11-2013)

Thanks

Hold on, I need to count how many now for each side. Me, you, Anthony, LudaChris, two other mods I know have it and havent had issues against newdestiny, csglinux, gonkowonko, TeflonDon, law111, Feanor64.
    Things are all tied up heading to the bottom of the 9th.....lol
    Haha!!

Ballsy to suggest that your positive experience and outspoken opinion to that fact is motivated by some monetary gain. Can I get on the sales team please.
    Some tweaks take up ram. I mean just look at winter board. Everyone must weigh the cost associated with a tweak that adds value to their iPhone experience. To me Auxos benefits far outweigh its cost. The same is true with winter board.

The game is over Simon. U just hit a grand slam buddy.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Simon (02-11-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,795 Times in 3,028 Posts

Auxo works brilliantly on my i5. In fact it's my favorite tweak right now.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (02-11-2013), Krima (02-11-2013), Simon (02-11-2013), TroyJam (02-11-2013)

Thanks

Oh snap Pinoy just tipped the scales in our favor. Auxo wins everyone...Auxo Wins!!!!!

Now where's our money Simon

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Pinoy (02-11-2013), Simon (02-11-2013), TroyJam (02-11-2013)

Thanks

Here's my ram with Auxo after clearing the dock. If it has a memory leak I would notice. It Definitely doesn't. My battery is as strong as when stock. If not it's not noticeable from me watching.

On another note I installed Byta Font yesterday and instantly got the dimming problem on respring. Anybody having that should look into that.

@ Destiny- Would love to see your Ram without Auxo. I'm certain you are running half a dozen things that have not been updated. Tons of animations and Widgets. Your issues could be anywhere.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

Krima (02-11-2013), Simon (02-11-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    Here's my ram with Auxo after clearing the dock. If it has a memory leak I would notice. It Definitely doesn't. My battery is as strong as when stock. If not it's not noticeable from me watching.

On another note I installed Byta Font yesterday and instantly got the dimming problem on respring. Anybody having that should look into that.
    Wow! Could that be it?? Can you mention this find in my Lets Compare 6.1 bugs thread, please, Pinoy?
    @ Destiny- Would love to see your Ram without Auxo. I'm certain you are running half a dozen things that have not been updated. Tons of animations and Widgets. Your issues could be anywhere.
    Well - this IS a modding/theming forum, bro. A tweak creator shouldn't feel great about saying : "Our tweak works great if you run no animations and minimal other tweaks." Lol!!! Imagine if the creators of Springtomize said that! :0.. When a dev charges us for a tweak - it should be sturdy up against a well tweaked out phone. Now I agree we're early here after a most recent JB. I LOVE Auxo! Don't get me wrong. On my phone it KILLS battery huge. I don't have the RAM leak. Others have reported that in this thread and my Bugs thread.

Thanks

Wow! Could that be it?? Can you mention this find in my Lets Compare 6.1 bugs thread, please, Pinoy?
    Well - this IS a modding/theming forum, bro. A tweak creator shouldn't feel great about saying : "Our tweak works great if you run no animations and minimal other tweaks." Lol!!! Imagine if the creators of Springtomize said that! :0.. When a dev charges us for a tweak - it should be sturdy up against a well tweaked out phone. Now I agree we're early here after a most recent JB. I LOVE Auxo! Don't get me wrong. On my phone it KILLS battery huge. I don't have the RAM leak. Others have reported that in this thread and my Bugs thread.
    What I'm saying is their is no Ram leak! If one person had it we would all have it. As Simon said its a combination of tweaks that create different outcomes. For you it just so happened to present itself when you installed Auxo. It's probable that's caused by the other things your using. I have only installed things that the creator has labeled as safe. And my phone is grease lightning.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 767 Posts

Auxo works fine; it was specially updated for the iPhone 5, and heavily tested by myself and other beta testers before public release. A majority, if not most, are dealing with tweak conflicts. One being Shrink, which was just recently updated with support for Auxo.

A clean device with Auxo installed will have no problems.

Also, you gotta un-glue your eyes from your RAM. 1GB of RAM is plenty.

Thanks

Proof?
    In other threads.
    FYI there is no such thing as a flawless experience with a jailbroken iPhone. Doesn't exist.
    Never said there was.
    I think it works fine. Bugs? Sure, what tweak doesn't.
    Tweaks you pay for are under a higher level of scrutiny as they should be - and should be tested with the major tweaks most of us used. I'm sure it was beta tested just fine. But things slip through 'short betas'. I've been on MANY beta test teams. And the developers are ALWAYS on us to get things out QUICK.
    Not an all encompassing statement is that? Not saying it has zero bugs is it? Much less so than this for example:
    Quoting me out of context. Wait! That's a King of Hill - trick!
    Winterboard was ready before the Evasion drop. My issue with King when I made the statements, Simon, as you well know was that he believed it wasn't ready AT ALL for 6. It was. Bugs are expected - no problem. People here seem to be pushing that Auxo is 'bugless'. It's almost 'cult like' in everyone's reaction to several of our criticism of it. LOL!!!

My point: Don't generalise for all of us. There is no most of us, no minority. There is just your opinion.
    Agree to disagree. If you participated on beta test teams you'd see a different reality, Simon. It's WAY more than about someone's 'opinion'. A bug is a bug if it's repeatable, bro, given the same conditions.
    Someone said they had issues with Auxo, I replied I haven't. I am not saying their problems are not real or should not be addressed. I gave my experience just like they (and you) gave theirs. Such is the nature of the jailbreak community. People use tweaks, people find bugs, devs try and fix bugs. With something that requires such deep integration with the OS and other tweaks that "play" in this same area (multi-tasking bar) all the devs can do is make a tweak work as well as they can without the influence of other tweaks and try to fix the interaction bugs as they come along. Not an easy task in a non-standardised community. And not a reason that a tweak should not be part of a news thread reporting on tweaks that work with a new jailbreak/update.
    Generally agree with all you say there. But people are 'defensive' about this tweak. And it doesn't make sense to me. It has a couple of problems. Just deal with it. No big. Again - because YOU don't experience it - doesn't mean the rest of us are running UNSTABLE tweaks as some are suggesting now. Nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    What I'm saying is their is no Ram leak! If one person had it we would all have it. As Simon said its a combination of tweaks that create different outcomes. For you it just so happened to present itself when you installed Auxo. It's probable that's caused by the other things your using. I have only installed things that the creator has labeled as safe. And my phone is grease lightning.
    What do you mean that the 'creator' has said are safe, Pinoy? Are you saying you want to use Auxo so much that all tweaks you run in addition have to be approved by the Auxo creators? Just elaborate for me on what you mean there. As to RAM leak - others can prove it's happening. As I said - I am NOT one who has THAT problem with Auxo.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Auxo works fine; it was specially updated for the iPhone 5, and heavily tested by myself and other beta testers before public release. A majority, if not most, are dealing with tweak conflicts. One being Shrink, which was just recently updated with support for Auxo.
    I don't use Shrink, Anthony. Hey - how long was your beta period before release? How many tweaks did you run personally while in the test? Are you a theme-er with your phone? Do you run widgets and other things?

A clean device with Auxo installed will have no problems.
    Of course. Who wants to run a 'clean phone' after a jailbreak? Kind of a funny statement you make there - don't you think? That's like saying - STAY STOCK and your phone will be VERY stable! LOL!!!!! I only run 6.1 approved tweaks on my phone - and the Auxo problem was there for me (battery drain - I don't experience the RAm leak and the other bug reported).
    Also, you gotta un-glue your eyes from your RAM. 1GB of RAM is plenty.
    Yes, generally agreed with that statement. Again - I don't have the RAM leak problem. It's been reported elsewhere. I'm very satisfied with RAM now.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-11-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Thanks

@NewdestinyX

I really can't go through quoting every bit of what you say. It uses a ton of time and creates headaches for everyone here trying to scroll.

If you are having compatibility problems with Auxo and your installed packages, I recommend talking to the developers of those tweaks to add compatibility with Auxo.

Thanks

@NewdestinyX

I really can't go through quoting every bit of what you say. It uses a ton of time and creates headaches for everyone here trying to scroll.

If you are having compatibility problems with Auxo and your installed packages, I recommend talking to the developers of those tweaks to add compatibility with Auxo.
    Again - you make it sound like Auxo is the clean tweak and all else are 'subservient' to it. Not for me, Anthony. Enjoy Auxo. When IT gets cleaner and plays nicer with OTHER WAAY more established tweaks - I'll put it back on my phone. For now - it doesn't play nice with 'other children'. LOL!!! (children on 'my phone' -- and others).. Again - I LIKE Auxo. Nice tweak. Needs more compatibility with other established themeing tweaks. That's all. Just my input.

Thanks

Again - you make it sound like Auxo is the clean tweak and all else are 'subservient' to it. Not for me, Anthony. Enjoy Auxo. When IT gets cleaner and plays nicer with OTHER WAAY more established tweaks - I'll put it back on my phone. For now - it doesn't play nice with 'other children'. LOL!!! (children on 'my phone' -- and others).. Again - I LIKE Auxo. Nice tweak. Needs more compatibility with other established themeing tweaks. That's all. Just my input.
    I hope you get everything all sorted out with the developers of those tweaks and themes.

Alternatively, contact @Sentry_NC, @JamieD360, or @J_W97 for bug reports.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-11-2013 at 03:55 PM.

Thanks

I hope you get everything all sorted out with the developers of those tweaks and themes.
    Me too. Again - love the tweak. But I hope Auxo devs are willing to work with the more established players. Auxo's concept is just GREAT!

Thanks

@Grant- I mean things that are not only ios6 compatible but have been battle tested on a i5. I'm just being patient and not just grabbing every tweak I used to have. Remove Byta and see if it clears your dimming respring. I'm curious. The first I saw it was after that.

Thanks

I have had zero problems with Auxo on my iPhone 5.
    In Newdestiny's eyes:

Auxo is perfect, all you people having issues are crazy. I am on their sales team
    Real Meaning:

I have had zero problems with Auxo on MY iPhone 5.

Effect: Snowball off topic posturing....AGAIN.
    If I had the hair to spare I would be pulling it out about now.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Krima (02-11-2013)

+ Reply
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast