+ Reply
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ten Wonderful iPhone 5-Compatible Jailbreak Tweaks We Love

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by hogcia TetherMe won't get me in trouble with att service? I thought if did? Nope. TetherMe is completely undetectable. MyWi "is" detectable. Be careful with that one.
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,809 Times in 4,429 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    TetherMe won't get me in trouble with att service? I thought if did?
    Nope. TetherMe is completely undetectable. MyWi "is" detectable. Be careful with that one.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

I got Click2Call installed this morning. I love that one.

Still waiting on compatibility from "Remove Background" and "Make it Mine." I installed and set up Remove Background to kill apps when I double tap the status bar, but when I do it my phone goes into safe mode.

I also am having trouble getting some SMS tones to activate in Winterboard. They're displayed in the Winterboard themes and checked, but when I respring they're not available in the Sounds section of settings.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Nope. TetherMe is completely undetectable. MyWi "is" detectable. Be careful with that one.
    I think I'll go with TetherMe then since the purchase price for TetherMe is the same as the upgrade price for MyWi.
    Last edited by AUZambo; 02-06-2013 at 07:08 AM.

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,186 Times in 3,333 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggs75 View Post
    Here's what I don't get....Winterboard works but yet I can't get any of the decent themes to detect that the phone is acceptable. For instance, Elite Pro HD, the theme shown in the Winterboard example, won't download to my iPhone 5 with iOS 6.1. Cydia tells me "Unable to Purchase" and does not give me an override option. Any thoughts?
    Since last year themers must unlock their themes for certain compatible OS versions and devices at Cydia.
    If you get this massage this theme is probably not updated and ulocked for iPhone 5 or iOS 6.

iOS 6 has some different graphics than iOS 5 and iPhone 5 has another screen resolution. Most of the UI works but e. g. all theme/app backgrounds/walls, dialer, music app or the background of the Notifcation center must be redone, including learning how to name and where to place this new graphics.

Many themes (like most of mine) also use tweaks like Gridlock and iconoclasm that arnīt updated for iOS 6 or iPhone 5 yet. So even if i would have a iOS 6/iPhone 5 theme update for one of my themes i canīt/wouldnīt unlock/update the theme at Cydia because it wouldnīt work right.

So you/we all must be patient, updating takes some time. And many of the thousands of themes at Cydia wonīt ever be updated.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I thought they all were how can one be and be other one not?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    I think I'll go with TetherMe then since the purchase price for TetherMe is the same as the upgrade price for MyWi.

Same here. I switched to PDANet when I found out that AT&T could possibly detect MyWi, but PDANet doesn't seem to work with iOS 6.1.

iPhone? More like MyPhone WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemetal View Post
    Since last year themers must unlock their themes for certain compatible OS versions and devices at Cydia.
    If you get this massage this theme is probably not updated and ulocked for iPhone 5 or iOS 6.

iOS 6 has some different graphics than iOS 5 and iPhone 5 has another screen resolution. Most of the UI works but e. g. all theme/app backgrounds/walls, dialer, music app or the background of the Notifcation center must be redone, including learning how to name and where to place this new graphics.

Many themes (like most of mine) also use tweaks like Gridlock and iconoclasm that arnīt updated for iOS 6 or iPhone 5 yet. So even if i would have a iOS 6/iPhone 5 theme update for one of my themes i canīt/wouldnīt unlock/update the theme at Cydia because it wouldnīt work right.

So you/we all must be patient, updating takes some time. And many of the thousands of themes at Cydia wonīt ever be updated.
    Well, that sucks there were a few nice themes I knew that could be obsolete now.Anyway, I can't wait for some of them to be updated though because they were awesome on my iPad 3

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

To enable tether me, do I just turn on hotspot for my iPhone 5?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    I thought they all were how can one be and be other one not?
    Anthony Bouchard can explain it to you. TetherMe works fundamentally differently. It uses the phone's own data packet transfer system. Apple just sees the phone itself doing the transfer. MyWi works differently.

Remember though AT&T is still throttling after 5GB on unlimited. Naturally if you're tethering you'll get to 5GB quicker.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can we have the green wallpaper for 4/4S?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    I haven't heard of those warning texts from AT&T since they started throttling. BTW, you don't have unlimited data. You have 5Gb, plus whatever else you can download during the remainder of the month at a 56k dial-up modem speed ;-)
    Isn't 5 gb + "whatever" = Unlimited. Nobody said full speed. We are talking about unlimited data.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraux View Post
    Same here. I switched to PDANet when I found out that AT&T could possibly detect MyWi, but PDANet doesn't seem to work with iOS 6.1.
    So far only USB tethering is working with PDANet. Wifi tethering should be updated soon.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 811 Posts

GroupSend works..

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,966 Times in 6,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Isn't 5 gb + "whatever" = Unlimited. Nobody said full speed. We are talking about unlimited data.
    Yes, but after 5GB, your speed is reduced to 56k. Woo Hoo!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Zephyr is definitely $4.99 - Damn, I was all excited until I saw that price. I guess I balk at $5 tweaks. I'll have to keep my eyes out for a sale soon.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    Still waiting on compatibility from "Remove Background" and "Make it Mine."
    Use FakeCarrier.

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Yes, but after 5GB, your speed is reduced to 56k. Woo Hoo!
    To check an email on the go or to send a text message on Pinger, 56K is more than enough.

56K > 0
    Last edited by vinaygoel2000; 02-06-2013 at 09:40 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Thanks

Here's a bug in Auxo I wanted to warn people about, it causes Cydia to run in a smaller format which is mostly unresponsive. I figured out a way to bypass it and wanted to let people know. Using Deck I was able to enter "Safe Mode" which allows me to enter Cydia, then you simply need to reinstall Auxo and it works perfectly fine. This bug usually happens after installing something that requires a reboot so not like it's really that big of a deal.

iPhone 5, 6.1
    Last edited by law111; 02-06-2013 at 09:57 AM.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,966 Times in 6,194 Posts

Use FakeCarrier.

To check an email on the go or to send a text message on Pinger, 56K is more than enough.

56K > 0
    If you are using over 5GB just sending txt and emails, your fingers must get very sore!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

A "semantic" difference only. But I'll admit I had never thought about it from that angle before. :-)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colwood View Post
    bosspaper cascade infidock
    I can't seem to get bosspaper to work. AT&T iPhone 5 6.1
    any other tweaks that do the same thing? I miss havering different wallpaper rotating.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraux View Post
    They seem dead over there.. Last update online: "Update 10/15/2011 - If you have updated your phone to iOS 5 or iTunes to 10.5, please update PdaNet to 5.30 from Cydia."

Hasn't Tweeted in over a year. i'm going to try TetherMe.. I only use for emergency's anyway. I was very happy to find (while waiting for this JB) that Sprint let's you turn on their tether plan online(or using their iPhone app) and it works within minutes...AND they will pro-rate the $20 fee for even a single day. Not only that, but due to how their system works, you can use the full 2GB during that <$1 pro-rated day, and then again a week later.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

SMS Timestamps works,

Tried xMessages first and that cause my insert photo button in the messages.app to dissapear

Can't wait for xMessages to be updated. I miss the delayed sending of messages!!