+ Reply
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ten Wonderful iPhone 5-Compatible Jailbreak Tweaks We Love

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Well that was a waste of time Simon. 45 minutes later I couldn't talk to anybody in 5 departments that could help acknowledge the problem. I did get credited two
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,795 Times in 3,028 Posts

Well that was a waste of time Simon. 45 minutes later I couldn't talk to anybody in 5 departments that could help acknowledge the problem. I did get credited two months ($60) bucks but I don't even care about that. They just wanted to get rid of me. The last technician said he can access the sight and told me my firewall was turned on. I about ripped his head off. Unless a midget snuck into my house and turned it on all my computers. Lol I wonder if as a sight admin Kyle goes through a different door at AT&T than me as a consumer. Not sure. Thought maybe I could expedite the process being a customer but no luck. Grrrr

Thanks
    Thanked 14,778 Times in 6,873 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    Well that was a waste of time Simon. 45 minutes later I couldn't talk to anybody in 5 departments that could help acknowledge the problem. I did get credited two months ($60) bucks but I don't even care about that. They just wanted to get rid of me. The last technician said he can access the sight and told me my firewall was turned on. I about ripped his head off. Unless a midget snuck into my house and turned it on all my computers. Lol I wonder if as a sight admin Kyle goes through a different door at AT&T than me as a consumer. Not sure. Thought maybe I could expedite the process being a customer but no luck. Grrrr
    Not sure who he is dealing with this time. The first time it happened a few weeks ago he tweeted the ATT customer service twitter account and it was all resolved from just talking there. You can see his convo here: https://twitter.com/kylematthews

Thanks

For the folks having the ATT issues, have you tried using a DNS server other than ATT's? I was with ATT at one time, but now with Comcast- and I've never used either one's lousy Domain Name Servers. Give OpenDNS a try. It's free and fast. Server addresses are:
    208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

Kupe

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kupe For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (02-15-2013), Pinoy (02-15-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,437 Times in 4,285 Posts

Hey guys I'm also remembering a recent thread I was following where the.drifter taught us how to get certain things in our status bar with iBackUpBot even on on jailbroken phones. I wonder if we could get our ram in the status bar by messing with a couple of other Info.plist files Probably much in the same way SBSettings and Springtomize turns it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    For the folks having the ATT issues, have you tried using a DNS server other than ATT's? I was with ATT at one time, but now with Comcast- and I've never used either one's lousy Domain Name Servers. Give OpenDNS a try. It's free and fast. Server addresses are:
    208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

Kupe
    How do you actually change the DNS servers of your cellular line on your phone?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Winterboard and MobileSubstrate updates are live!! And they fix UISounds and Lockscreen Notifications bugs!!!! Just tested both! Yay!! It's about time!!

Animations in Widgets still jumpy though. And info.plist-only themes (No Undocked Icon Labels, etc.) still don't work when SummerBoard mode on.

But it's a good day for theming nonetheless!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

From Chevy in another thread -today (yes, his version is the most recent).

Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post
    So I removed auxo and my phone stopped doing weird stuff. Can't pinpoint it but I think that tweak was a bit buggy.
    I had to remove it again last night too. With the way I want to run my phone - the RAM gets deeper and deeper when Auxo is installed. It starts at 30MB or so as I showed you in my experiment - but as the day goes one - each time I clear the switcher - I get less and less back when Auxo is installed. Without it installed I get always within 20MB or so back to full post-reboot RAM levels when I clear the switcher. Nice idea. But it's just not for me in its current condition. I'm really glad it works for the rest of you who run very clean phones. I got into modding to use 'excessive' widgets.. LOL!!!, as Pinoy put it. I am NOT alone at MODMYI at all! There are others that are even more 'excessive' than I am - who are Orange level THEME creators. I need a 'leak proof' set of tweaks on my phone - since I'm as OCD about RAM as I am. The phone has other 'jittery problems' when apps load too - when Auxo is installed. All that disappears when I remove Auxo.

I'll try it again at version 2 or so sometime this summer. By that time they'll have it working and player nicer with ALL the common tweaks most of us use. I'm also about to get rid of Springtomize as I think it's causing issues too.

Hey - we're still VERY early after a new jailbreak. So I'm not bummed at all. It IS what it IS. . But if Chevy is noticing this bugginess too - I know I'm in good company.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    From Chevy in another thread -today (yes, his version is the most recent).

I had to remove it again last night too. With the way I want to run my phone - the RAM gets deeper and deeper when Auxo is installed. It starts at 30MB or so as I showed you in my experiment - but as the day goes one - each time I clear the switcher - I get less and less back when Auxo is installed. Without it installed I get always within 20MB or so back to full post-reboot RAM levels when I clear the switcher. Nice idea. But it's just not for me in its current condition. I'm really glad it works for the rest of you who run very clean phones. I got into modding to use 'excessive' widgets.. LOL!!!, as Pinoy put it. I am NOT alone at MODMYI at all! There are others that are even more 'excessive' than I am - who are Orange level THEME creators. I need a 'leak proof' set of tweaks on my phone - since I'm as OCD about RAM as I am. The phone has other 'jittery problems' when apps load too - when Auxo is installed. All that disappears when I remove Auxo.

I'll try it again at version 2 or so sometime this summer. By that time they'll have it working and player nicer with ALL the common tweaks most of us use. I'm also about to get rid of Springtomize as I think it's causing issues too.

Hey - we're still VERY early after a new jailbreak. So I'm not bummed at all. It IS what it IS. . But if Chevy is noticing this bugginess too - I know I'm in good company.
    Ya just give it a little time. They've been pretty diligent about updating so I assume they will continue to be. Might even mail the creator and let him know its seems to argue with widgets. I think that's the deviation in our phones. I'm not certain I've seen anybody else ever run 5 widgets at once though bro on their SB. That's what it looks like your running. That's a recipe for resource loss.

Snatch up battery doctor Grant. Will give you a clear indicator of what's consuming what. I can't post a pic. Grrrr
    Last edited by Pinoy; 02-16-2013 at 10:09 AM.

Thanks

Ya just give it a little time. They've been pretty diligent about updating so I assume they will continue to be. Might even mail the creator and let him know its seems to argue with widgets. I think that's the deviation in our phones. I'm not certain I've seen anybody else ever run 5 widgets at once though bro on their SB. That's what it looks like your running. That's a recipe for resource loss.

Snatch up battery doctor Grant. Will give you a clear indicator of what's consuming what. I can't post a pic. Grrrr
    Thanks, Pinoy. I agree about Auxo's creators. A3Tweaks has been VERY diligent in their effort and I'm very impressed by them as a company and their product. And, yes, I think I know enough about this iOS modding world now to write my first bug report to a dev. Thanks for the push.

One thing I don't think you understand about my '5 iWidgets scenario' (actually 6). Correct me if I'm wrong. The.Drifter, a coder extraordinaire, made sure that each of his 'individual elements' iWidgets ONLY contained the code for that particular item being displayed. There are NO "display:none" tags in any of his code. He stripped down and split out EACH element in each of the IndElem iWidgets; images, code and all. So using 5 of his Individual Elements is like using only ONE of Chevy's or Durben's in terms of resources used. I know this because I had extensive talks with him about this when he was still a noob around here. His whole concept of the Individual Elements series he created is brilliant because it gives the 'newer mod wannabe's', like me, the MAXIMUM customization opportunities without a lot of "additional" unused code having to load into RAM in the background and merely being "display:none;"'ed if you will.

So in terms of total widget count (code resource-wise) I only run "2" really. Durben's Dual Animated Touch and then '5' of Drifter's individual elements that are perfectly lean in code. Resource-wise, even 6 of Drifter's Individual Elements iWidgets would be less than most SB weather widgets being run. And I keep a very lean LS theme without any animated weather.

So unless there's something I'm misunderstanding, and you and Krima and King are just the guys to set me straight, I do NOT think my use is excessive at all. In fact it could be less than most people running a single Chevy widget.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-16-2013 at 11:05 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (02-16-2013)

Thanks

Thanks, Pinoy. I agree about Auxo's creators. A3Tweaks has been VERY diligent in their effort and I'm very impressed by them as a company and their product. And, yes, I think I know enough about this iOS modding world now to write my first bug report to a dev. Thanks for the push.

One thing I don't think you understand about my '5 iWidgets scenario' (actually 6). Correct me if I'm wrong. The.Drifter, a coder extraordinaire, made sure that each of his 'individual elements' iWidgets ONLY contained the code for that particular item being displayed. There are NO "display:none" tags in any of his code. He stripped down and split out EACH element in each of the IndElem iWidgets; images, code and all. So using 5 of his Individual Elements is like using only ONE of Chevy's or Durben's in terms of resources used. I know this because I had extensive talks with him about this when he was still a noob around here. His whole concept of the Individual Elements series he created is brilliant because it gives the 'newer mod wannabe's', like me, the MAXIMUM customization opportunities without a lot of "additional" unused code having to load into RAM in the background and merely being "display:none;"'ed if you will.

So in terms of total widget count (code resource-wise) I only run "2" really. Durben's Dual Animated Touch and then '5' of Drifter's individual elements that are perfectly lean in code. It was Drifter himself that taught me that, resource-wise, even 6 of his Individual Elements iWidgets would be less than most SB weather widgets being run. I keep a very lean LS theme without any animated weather.

So unless there's something I'm misunderstanding, and you and Krima and King are just the guys to set me straight, I do NOT think my use is excessive at all. In fact it could be less than most people running a single Chevy widget.
    King would be best for that. He's the code guy out of us. From my personal use every iWidget obviously uses resources and would assume separating them requires more resource than being combined. That's a guess though and not something I say as factual. Just makes sense. Grab Battery DR and see what your active resources are using for ram. It's a great app. It even shows all inactive and what every app consumes. Interesting that system on mine chews about 125mb and inactive apps about 80mb.

Thanks

King would be best for that. He's the code guy out of us. From my personal use every iWidget obviously uses resources and would assume separating them requires more resource than being combined. That's a guess though and not something I say as factual. Just makes sense. Grab Battery DR and see what your active resources are using for ram. It's a great app. It even shows all inactive and what every app consumes. Interesting that system on mine chews about 125mb and inactive apps about 80mb.
    Yeah. That would be a real education for me. Drifter's also a professional coder for his living like King and told me the concept of his '5 separates' is 'as' consuming and when they're all in one. But it's more fun and educational to test our own scenarios isn't it. . What the actual name of that tweak? I can't find anything in Cydia called Battery DR.

Thanks

Yeah. That would be a real education for me. Drifter's also a professional coder for his living like King and told me the concept of his '5 separates' is 'as' consuming and when they're all in one. But it's more fun and educational to test our own scenarios isn't it. . What the actual name of that tweak? I can't find anything in Cydia called Battery DR.
    In the AppStore surprisingly. It's called BatteryDr. It's free. They have several but I like that this app has a processes button more or less.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (02-16-2013)

Thanks

I've started a thread here:
    SBSettings Workarounds/General RAM leak fixes
    ..that we can continue our discussion of all things RAM leak related and some great work around tweaks The.Drifter (coder like King) PM'ed me about. He also explains the difference in RAM readouts between the tweaks some are using and why we should trust one or the other as the true available RAM. See some of you over there. I hope Drifter reposts his PM to me shortly.

Thanks in advance for your great info - especially you, Pinoy, Krima and King. I learn (and re-learn) from you guys daily on this stuff.

In the AppStore surprisingly. It's called BatteryDr. It's free. They have several but I like that this app has a processes button more or less.
    Thanks, Pinoy! Found it right after I wrote that to you! LOL!.. GREAT tweak. Wish I knew what I was looking at for half of it. But a nice start. Hey I'm 'one thanks' away from 1000. I don't know if that means anything but it's kind fun to see - given the arrogant SOB I can be sometimes. LOL!!!!!!!!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Pinoy (02-16-2013), The.Drifter (02-16-2013)

Thanks

I've started a thread here:
    SBSettings Workarounds/General RAM leak fixes
    ..that we can continue our discussion of all things RAM leak related and some great work around tweaks The.Drifter (coder like King) PM'ed me about. He also explains the difference in RAM readouts between the tweaks some are using and why we should trust one or the other as the true available RAM. See some of you over there. I hope Drifter reposts his PM to me shortly.

Thanks in advance for your great info - especially you, Pinoy, Krima and King. I learn (and re-learn) from you guys daily on this stuff.

Thanks, Pinoy! Found it right after I wrote that to you! LOL!.. GREAT tweak. Wish I knew what I was looking at for half of it. But a nice start. Hey I'm 'one thanks' away from 1000. I don't know if that means anything but it's kind fun to see - given the arrogant SOB I can be sometimes. LOL!!!!!!!!
    1000 thanks is great buddy. That's a lot of people who have found some posts useful. Keep it up. I'm interested in reading Drifters post on ram readouts. I know he knows his stuff. Always down to learn.

Go into System button in battery app. Look under memory usage. Wired memory is used by the system; active memory is used by currently running applications; inactive memory was used by recently closed applications, which allows them to reopen quickly, and free memory is unused.
    Last edited by Pinoy; 02-16-2013 at 12:29 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (02-16-2013), The.Drifter (02-16-2013)

Thanks

Hey I'm 'one thanks' away from 1000. I don't know if that means anything but it's kind fun to see - given the arrogant SOB I can be sometimes. LOL!!!!!!!!
    Next person to give Newdestiny a thanks gets insta-banned! Don't let him get there.....lol jk jk

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Krima (02-16-2013), NewdestinyX (02-16-2013), The.Drifter (02-16-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Next person to give Newdestiny a thanks gets insta-banned! Don't let him get there.....lol jk jk
    Lol

Thanks
    Thanked 7,179 Times in 2,277 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    That is the funniest thing I have ever heard in my entire life.

Congrats Grant. That is no small feat my friend.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (02-16-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
    next person to give newdestiny a thanks gets insta-banned! Don't let him get there.....lol jk jk :d
    !!LMAO!!

I so needed that laugh, Simon. Thanks!!!!!! Now YOU get to thank me for THIS post's thanks and give me the 1000!! Oh irony of ironies!!!! LOL!!

1000 thanks is great buddy. That's a lot of people who have found some posts useful. Keep it up. I'm interested in reading Drifters post on ram readouts. I know he knows his stuff. Always down to learn.

Go into System button in battery app. Look under memory usage. Wired memory is used by the system; active memory is used by currently running applications; inactive memory was used by recently closed applications, which allows them to reopen quickly, and free memory is unused.
    Thanks for all your great input and patience, Pinoy!! AND YOU PUT ME OVER THE TOP, Pinoy - 1000.. LOL!! As Simon has said - the theming threads are 'liberal' with their thanks-giving..

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    That is the funniest thing I have ever heard in my entire life.

Congrats Grant. That is no small feat my friend.
    Thanks for all your great input and patience, Krima!!

I'm like that WEIRD Uncle at holiday parties you 'put up with' because there's SOME redeeming qualities in him....
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-16-2013 at 12:35 PM.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

2k1 (02-16-2013), Simon (02-16-2013)

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

meh

27. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (02-16-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    meh
    oooh, one of only a few that I can't ban, very tricky......lol

Lol
    So it was you huh?? Face the consequences Mr Samurai lol

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-16-2013), Krima (02-16-2013), Pinoy (02-16-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,303 Times in 5,968 Posts

Interesting little discussion that you guys were having here. Looks like I missed out on the hand holding and singing kumbaya!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!