+ Reply
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ten Wonderful iPhone 5-Compatible Jailbreak Tweaks We Love

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Krima I'm glad u r modifying your claim. It looks like my grandstanding and hard work has "changed you". Lol. "Evil Ways" I thought u didn't like
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,708 Times in 4,397 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    I'm glad u r modifying your claim. It looks like my grandstanding and hard work has "changed you". Lol. "Evil Ways" I thought u didn't like it when people put words in your mouth or misquoted u so why u r doing that with me? Aw man now it looks like my crusade to "change you" isn't done yet. Don't worry I'm a diligent SOB. I'll accomplish my goal with strong faith and hard work just u wait.
    Still secretive about your "ram leak fixing tweak". Interesting. I guess certain tweaks and phone modding techniques are left for a certain "privileged few" And lorded over the rest of us plebeians.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,524 Times in 2,377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Still secretive about your "ram leak fixing tweak". Interesting. I guess certain tweaks and phone modding techniques are left for a certain "privileged few" And lorded over the rest of us plebeians.
    Not true just ask Pinoy. He is aware of everything. For the record I never said I did anything to my phone different from anyone else. My only reason to not sharing with u is because u scrutinize and question many things that people do that show different results than u. I'll make a deal with u. The moment u start to show proof for all the percentages and made up numbers u spew out then that will be the time I open up. Do unto others as u would have them do unto you. So u want proof then show your proof and then common ground will be found. WARCRAFT!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,795 Times in 3,028 Posts

Good morning fellas! Still at it I see. how are you testing the leaks Grant?

Thanks

Not true just ask Pinoy. He is aware of everything. For the record I never said I did anything to my phone different from anyone else. My only reason to not sharing with u is because u scrutinize and question many things that people do that show different results than u. I'll make a deal with u. The moment u start to show proof for all the percentages and made up numbers u spew out then that will be the time I open up. Do unto others as u would have them do unto you. So u want proof then show your proof and then common ground will be found. WARCRAFT!!!!
    Lol! Simon already corroborated my findings about Auxo. The problem with screen shots, Krima, is that they're not really proof since you could be taking them with or without Auxo installed and we would never know. But I have no reason to believe you to be deceiving us. But it still is interesting to me that you push back so hard and won't reveal your source of keeping RAM real high. I know it's not performing that way for you when Auxo is installed (UNLESS some other tool you're using to prevent the leak) because other veterans can prove the leak too. So there's something you're running (you hinted with words like "daemons", etc).

If your intent at this forum is to be helpful you would reveal the RAM preserving tecnique. Period. So I conclude you have a different intent, bro. But it's okay. Keeping things to oneself and withholding knowledge makes one feel very powerful. I get it. It's cool bro. I'll find the answers I need elsewhere.

Peace out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    Good morning fellas! Still at it I see. how are you testing the leaks Grant?
    I shared before. The same way Simon is.
    Reboot. Check RAM. Open several apps. Close them in AppSwitcher. Check RAM to see if its back to level right after boot. If not - leak somewhere.

Uninstalled SBSettings - was able to get back to post reboot ram level after opening several apps and then deleting from App Switcher. Uninstalled SBSettings. Installed Auxo. Did same series of tests - was never able to get back to post reboot ram level. Uninstalled Auxo. No more leaks of any kind. Always able to return to post reboot ram level when clearing switcher.

Something in my test paradigm wrong? I'm eager to know - as I'm learning the test procedure right from you guys.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-15-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Thanks

I'm glad u think its so cool. Your approval means the world to me. And thanks for suggesting I'm lying about my screenshot and then saying u don't think I would be deceiving people. It's these kinds of backhanded compliments that I so love from you. I'm glad that u feel u r the only person who doesn't have to prove any of his claims. So to borrow something from u ill end with this. Pinoy has already corroborated what I claimed.

Peace out.

Thanks

Lol! Simon already corroborated my findings about Auxo. The problem with screen shots, Krima, is that they're not really proof since you could be taking them with or without Auxo installed and we would never know. But I have no reason to believe you to be deceiving us. But it still is interesting to me that you push back so hard and won't reveal your source of keeping RAM real high. I know it's not performing that way for you when Auxo is installed (UNLESS some other tool you're using to prevent the leak) because other veterans can prove the leak too. So there's something you're running (you hinted with words like "daemons", etc).

If your intent at this forum is to be helpful you would reveal it. Period. So I conclude you have a different intent, bro. But it's okay. Keeping things to oneself and withholding knowledge makes one feel very powerful. I get it. It's cool bro. I'll find the answers I need elsewhere.

Peace out.

I shared before. The same way Simon is.
    Reboot. Check RAM. Open several apps. Close them in AppSwitcher. Check RAM to see if its back to level right after boot. If not - leak somewhere.

Uninstalled SBSettings - was able to get back to post reboot ram level after opening several apps and then deleting from App Switcher. Uninstalled SBSettings. Installed Auxo. Did same series of tests - was never able to get back to post reboot ram level. Uninstalled Auxo. No more leaks of any kind. Always able to return to post reboot ram level when clearing switcher.

Something in my test paradigm wrong? I'm eager to know - as I'm learning the test procedure right from you guys.
    That's not an affective way of gauging it my friend. In theory yes but you have animations and weather conditions being called on from multiple widgets and who knows what else running. You won't get that ram back by clearing your switcher. The truest way is turn everything off in substrates but what you are testing. All widgets off as well. Then reboot and use that figure. I'll see if I can duplicate your losses.

Thanks

I'm glad u think its so cool. Your approval means the world to me. And thanks for suggesting I'm lying about my screenshot and then saying u don't think I would be deceiving people. It's these kinds of backhanded compliments that I so love from you. I'm glad that u feel u r the only person who doesn't have to prove any of his claims.
    Talk about a twisting of words and projecting onto others. oy..

So to borrow something from u ill end with this. Pinoy has already corroborated what I claimed.

Peace out.
    What you've proved is that you and Pinoy have a 'tool/technique' for RAM preservation preventing your leaks. That's all you've proved. You haven't proved Auxo doesn't have a leak in the code itself.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Talk about a twisting of words and projecting onto others. oy..

What you've proved is that you and Pinoy have a 'tool/technique' for RAM preservation preventing your leaks. That's all you've proved. You haven't proved Auxo doesn't have a leak in the code itself.
    The great debate?

Thanks

That's not an affective way of gauging it my friend. In theory yes but you have animations and weather conditions being called on from multiple widgets and who knows what else running. You won't get that ram back by clearing your switcher. The truest way is turn everything off in substrates but what you are testing. All widgets off as well. Then reboot and use that figure. I'll see if I can duplicate your losses.
    I'm happy to try that too. But keep in mind the average user. If any app developer has a tweak that causes leakage - the onus is on them to fix it under 'average operating conditions'. I run the same basic set of tweaks Krima has revealed he uses. All but one he likes keeping to himself for now.

Thanks Pinoy for the help!

Some of you are willing..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Don't tell me what to do Anthony. Just kidding. U must hate us Anthony.

Thanks

I'm happy to try that too. But keep in mind the average user. If any app developer has a tweak that causes leakage - the onus is on them to fix it under 'average operating conditions'. I run the same basic set of tweaks Krima has revealed he uses. All but one he likes keeping to himself for now.

Thanks Pinoy for the help!

Some of you are willing..
    I'm just saying that's how to adequately test it. You can't run half a dozen widgets with animations and not account for what they consume. Those are the most ram hungry things on your device.

Me and Krima don't have a special tool, I'm just crazy OCD clean with my phone. It's quite sick honestly. Lol. Like for instance the only thing in my Winterboard is the one theme I'm running. Put everything in one single package. Don't even have the original theme and all it's trimmings in their. Just one folder that themes my entire phone. One resource and that's it. That's how organized the entire device is. End result is great speed.

Why? It's one of the tweaks mentioned above? We are testing it. Not like another soul on Mimi is on this thread.
    Last edited by Pinoy; 02-15-2013 at 10:23 AM.

Thanks

I'm just saying that's how to adequately test it. You can't run half a dozen widgets with animations and not account for what they consume. Those are the most ram hungry things on your device.
    But I used them as a constant in my equation. They were present in all testing. The only variables changing were presence or absence of SBSettings or Auxo. And Krima's results are with animations running too. So where is my test flawed if I'm keeping constants in the test paradigm? (Honest question - not loaded.).
    Anthony - Auxo's benefits and problems are still "on topic" as defined by the forum rules as I read them. No?

Me and Krima don't have a special tool, I'm just crazy OCD clean with my phone. It's quite sick honestly. Lol. Like for instance the only thing in my Winterboard is the one theme I'm running. Put everything in one single package. Don't even have the original theme and all it's trimmings in their. Just one folder that themes my entire phone. One resource and that's it. That's how organized the entire device is. End result is great speed.
    Good ideas. I like that approach. But Krima runs more than you do per his post earlier. And while running leaner can help save RAM I don't believe it 'fixes' a RAM leak brought on by an app. Simon is a self professed 'non-themer' by the standards of us iWidget fanatics and yet still detected Auxo's ram leak too.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-15-2013 at 10:30 AM.

Thanks

But I used them as a constant in my equation. They were present in all testing. The only variables changing were presence or absence of SBSettings or Auxo. And Krima's results are with animations running too. So where is my test flawed if I'm keeping constants in the test paradigm? (Honest question - not loaded.).

Anthony - Auxo's benefits and problems are still "on topic" as defined by the forum rules as I read them. No?
    Not true! Your reboot total doesn't reflect the animations running on your springboard or the call outs for conditions etc. Your a networker Grant. Go back to basics. If you wanna test something test just it. You can't correctly test one thing with 20 other potential contributing factors. That's sloppy at best. And the end result will only apply to people using exactly what you use. And your widget usage is excessive.

Good ideas. I like that approach. But Krima runs more than you do per his post earlier. And while running leaner can help save RAM I don't believe it 'fixes' a RAM leak brought on by an app. Simon is a self professed 'non-themer' by the standards of us iWidget fanatics and yet still detected Auxo's ram leak too.
    That's not my implication. That's just how we have our totals so much higher. I myself can't produce 800 but can get 755. And FYI- Krima is a 30 something year old man with a wife and mortgage. He's not gonna trick you into thinking he's running something he's not. I think the deviation in Krimas and my phone is simply where he's getting his reading. His comes from NC center mine from SB. We saw yesterday those totals are slightly different. I'm home now. Let me try a couple things.

Alright here's my first test. I rebooted leaving both Auxo and SB settings on. I think we agree those are the two in question. I have turned off my GPS and LS weather. My Ram flickers between 754-756! I openened 10 apps. Ram dropped to 645. I cleared out switcher and got back up to 721. So I have a 33/35mb deviation or potential leak somewhere. Which to me is acceptable as we are working with oodles of Ram. Back in the day that would have been huge. Ok so keep in mind that reflects both SB settings and Auxo. Now let me see what happens with either turned off.
    Last edited by Pinoy; 02-15-2013 at 10:49 AM.

Thanks

For the purpose of this test I removed iWidgets from my phone and no SB widgets running either.

No Auxo installed - Post Reboot:

Post opening 5 apps:

Post clearing AppSwitcher:

Installed Auxo - Post Reboot:

After running few apps:

After clearer AppSwitcher:

So there's still a RAM leak proven there with Auxo present. Not as significant as when I'm running my 'excessive' amount of iWidgets in Pinoy's "opinion". So a leak exists that gets larger in the presence of other tweaks and ram hungry animations. This leak does not happen in the presence of other tweaks (except SBSettings). That means Auxo leaks - to THIS experimenter. I rest my case, gang. Same basic deviation as Pinoy's test. Except I'm not running SBSettings anymore. And I get the 35 MB leak from just Auxo.

I agree no big. But it IS there. And the leak gets worse with how I want to run my phone.

The battery drain issue with the old Auxo was my bigger issue. That's cleared up with the update. Love Auxo. Have from the start. I will have to live with its leak. Thank goodness for 1GB of RAM!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-15-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Thanks

For the purpose of this test I removed iWidgets from my phone and no SB widgets running either.

No Auxo installed - Post Reboot:

Post opening 5 apps:

Post clearing AppSwitcher:

Installed Auxo - Post Reboot:

After running few apps:

After clearer AppSwitcher:

So there's still a RAM leak proven there with Auxo present. Not as significant as when I'm running my 'excessive' amount of iWidgets in Pinoy's "opinion". So a leak exists that gets larger in the presence of other tweaks and ram hungry animations. This leak does not happen in the presence of other tweaks (except SBSettings). That means Auxo leaks - to THIS experimenter. I rest my case, gang. Same basic deviation as Pinoy's test. Except I'm not running SBSettings anymore. And I get the 35 MB leak from just Auxo.

I agree no big. But it IS there. And the leak gets worse with how I want to run my phone.

The battery drain issue with the old Auxo was my bigger issue. That's cleared up with the update. Love Auxo. Have from the start. I will have to live with its leak. Thank goodness for 1GB of RAM!
    See that's a legit test. And one I will concede to. I think the difference between my and your readings must just lie in the other things we have installed. So it has a leak but not to the tune of 90mb like you definitively stated earlier. I completely agree with these current results.

See that's a legit test. And one I will concede to. I think the difference between my and your readings must just lie in the other things we have installed. So it has a leak but not to the tune of 90mb like you definitively states earlier. I completely agree with these current results.
    Interesting for me I'm getting a slightly bigger loss from SB settings. About 20 of the 33mb seam to leak through SB settings. Either way I'm now gonna leave SB settings on as I like my ram in the stat bar and I'm accustomed to toggling wifi etc off from their. I can live with those size leaks. They will have no affect on performance. On my device anyway.
    Last edited by Pinoy; 02-15-2013 at 11:18 AM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

Krima (02-15-2013), NewdestinyX (02-15-2013)

Thanks

See that's a legit test. And one I will concede to. I think the difference between my and your readings must just lie in the other things we have installed. So it has a leak but not to the tune of 90mb like you definitively states earlier. I completely agree with these current results.
    No doubt. Now this I can get on board with. Well done Grant.

As long as these screenshots are yours and not photoshopped. Can u maybe post these screenshots with today's paper in them just so we know its yours. Lol

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (02-15-2013), Pinoy (02-15-2013)

Thanks

And Auxo gets another update. Lol. Shall we try again

Thanks
    Thanked 15,018 Times in 6,925 Posts

Leak like that not a big issue at all for my iPhone 5. I wouldn't even notice it if I didn't check it. Was a killer on my iPad mini though. When I had auxo and sbsettings on that it got to the point where I couldn't open more than 2-3 apps without iOS closing them automatically to free up memory. Granted auxo is not really meant for an iPad yet, I think it's devs said iPad version coming soon. With just sbsettings it was better, but still not great. Thanks to Krima though I don't need that either

No memory leaks substituting ncram and sbcenter for sbsettings.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Krima (02-15-2013), Pinoy (02-15-2013)

Thanks

See that's a legit test. And one I will concede to. I think the difference between my and your readings must just lie in the other things we have installed. So it has a leak but not to the tune of 90mb like you definitively stated earlier.
    Thanks sir. But read again. I stated 60-90 earlier(which IS the leak size with iWidgets running and only Auxo as the other variable) - the leak is larger in the presence of other elements. That's why I'm so adamant about A2Tweaks fixing Auxo's leak.

Interesting for me I'm getting a slightly bigger loss from SB settings. About 20 of the 33mb seam to leak through SB settings. Either way I'm now gonna leave SB settings on as I like my ram in the stat bar and I'm accustomed to toggling wifi etc off from their. I can live with those size leaks. They will have no affect on performance. On my device anyway.
    Yeah. I can't really live without my RAM in the status bar either and for respringing - I just HAVE to have SBSettings. I can't let my OCD with RAM affect me too much. King would be telling us. "SILLY BOYS! YOU GOT A GIG OF RAM NOW! WHAT'S YOU'RE FRETTING OVER 30-60MB!!!" ---- LOL!!! He's right. We're good to go now. I am keeping SBSettings and Auxo and moving on with life now.
    No doubt. Now this I can get on board with. Well done Grant.
    So GLAD to have your 'express' approval, Krima. :-/
    As long as these screenshots are yours and not photoshopped. Can u maybe post these screenshots with today's paper in them just so we know its yours. Lol
    LOL! You kill me. And yet you STILL don't share your RAM management secrets. Wow......

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Leak like that not a big issue at all for my iPhone 5. I wouldn't even notice it if I didn't check it. Was a killer on my iPad mini though. When I had auxo and sbsettings on that it got to the point where I couldn't open more than 2-3 apps without iOS closing them automatically to free up memory. Granted auxo is not really meant for an iPad yet, I think it's devs said iPad version coming soon. With just sbsettings it was better, but still not great. Thanks to Krima though I don't need that either

No memory leaks substituting ncram and sbcenter for sbsettings.
    The devs posted a screenshot of auxo running on the iPad. They said they are shooting for an early march release. Looking forward to that. I've been happy so far without sbsettings. I just missed having my ram on my status bar. I wish springtomize worked

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Simon (02-15-2013)