+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Facing Pressure to Make 'Bigger iPhone'

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by ThatOneProfile I doubt this will happen. like you doubted a smaller iPad too? Originally Posted by wolverinemarky i agree apple tends to march to the beat of
    Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneProfile View Post
    I doubt this will happen.
    like you doubted a smaller iPad too?

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    i agree apple tends to march to the beat of their own drum and what they want to do. the only one that presssures them one way or the other is themselves. they have always shown us what they think we need and its has worked for millions of us in the past so im sure they know what their doing. and with Johnny Ive running the show on the whole design end im sure we will be impressed once again when the next iphone is announced
    'march to the beat of their own drum'? lmfao.

4" screens apple followed
    4G/LTE apple followed
    pull down notifications apple followed
    7"+ tablet apple followed

next up

less expensive iPhone
    5" iPhablet
    Last edited by jOnGarrett; 02-05-2013 at 07:55 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ins0mniac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy81 View Post
    I don't need a bigger screen, I would rather see a change in the UI. It's been pretty much the same thing since 2007 besides the Icons becoming crystal clear with the retina display.
    I think this is a given for iOS7. With Johnny Ive in charge of software, I think everyone is expecting big things for Apple's next major software update. If the default shiny blue pop-up, ugly shiny buttons and skeuormorphic elements aren't revamped, I'll be surprised and very disappointed.

As for bigger screen size, I'd love something like 4.3" at 1280x720 resolution, but I don't think we'll see a screen size increase for at least another 2 years, if ever. Given they've only just moved to 4", Apple will more than likely stick to that size for at least two more generations.

Given the divided opinions about a larger screen size, the only way it would make sense for Apple to go larger than 4" in the short term, is if they start producing more than one iPhone model at a time. Ideally by releasing a "Pro" model alongside the regular iPhone (perhaps with larger screen, larger battery and 128GB storage). However this would cause significant fragmentation in the App Store, which is not something Apple and iOS developers are fond of, so it may never happen.

Thanks

4.5" is a maxed for smarthphone bigger than that u holding a brick......

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Id like to see it a little bit wider it got taller

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Some of you are so predictable! "I don't need it so there is no need for it!" Get over yourselves! If apple releases it you'll buy and think it's the greatest phone ever.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    I don't think the phone needs to be bigger.
    Wall Street and I disagree with you.
    My posts from 3 years ago predicted exactly what is now happening to Apple.
    If they made a RANGE of screen sizes, they'd still be 'true' to Jobs' intransigence/single-minded-vision at the same time as being commercial.
    While the former is not a necessity for survival, the latter most definitely is.
    Wonder if Jobs' my-way-or-the-highway legacy will be Apple's undoing.

But even if they met customer demand by providing size choice, it's unlikely they'd recover unless they find some way of making iOS more configurable.
    That may take more than they're capable of achieving - in which case, the iPhone will become a fossilised relic.

The only people who don't want a larger screen are those who just want the iPhone as a phone for calling and texting.

Quote Originally Posted by sknet View Post
    The comfortable width limit for people with hands in the bell curve is 65-75mm.
    I like my G-Note II with it's 5.5" screen, but at 80mm wide, it can't be held securely (and I'm 6'0" with proportionate hands) - which is why it's going on Flebay.
    5.0" phones come in at 70-75mm ATM - so that's about the practical limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ins0mniac View Post
    I think this is a given for iOS7. With Johnny Ive in charge of software, I think everyone is expecting big things for Apple's next major software update. If the default shiny blue pop-up, ugly shiny buttons and skeuormorphic elements aren't revamped, I'll be surprised and very disappointed.

As for bigger screen size, I'd love something like 4.3" at 1280x720 resolution, but I don't think we'll see a screen size increase for at least another 2 years, if ever. Given they've only just moved to 4", Apple will more than likely stick to that size for at least two more generations.

Given the divided opinions about a larger screen size, the only way it would make sense for Apple to go larger than 4" in the short term, is if they start producing more than one iPhone model at a time. Ideally by releasing a "Pro" model alongside the regular iPhone (perhaps with larger screen, larger battery and 128GB storage). However this would cause significant fragmentation in the App Store
    Rubbish.
    Most devs develop on multiple platforms, including Android with just about every screen size and ratio under the sun.
    If the iPhone is to live, it needs to be more than a one-trick pony.
    Last edited by iPhoneThereforeIAm; 02-06-2013 at 04:40 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

You guys know what's gonna happen? Apple will release the iPhone 5S this year and it will sell horribly. Then, they will finally release a 5" screen iphone in 2014 to try and recover there huge losses, by then Samsung will be king. Search for the Apple / Microsoft history, apple didn't learn 💩. I'm saving this post to remind you all in 2014!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I personally own.... well my wife has the iPhone 5 ( I moved away after iphone 4s) and its you know an iphone with some new upgrades to hardware but no UI changes (this is why I moved away). I own HTC one X + and S3 to be honest I love my HOX+ SUPER BADASS!!!! lol I like some of the features the s3 has but they are in most android phones.

However I been there I mean you know apple #1 ef yew android. But the thing is UI needs a fresh start it been the same since start, I will personally get one if there were options to the UI that is all.

Thanks

Anyone who can easily switch between phones as their only platform really isn't taking advantage of it. If you have multiples and prefer one over the other but use both... I can maybe see that.

My point is that I had a pc and ran WinXP. I had endless problems and went to Ubuntu. I wanted better support and commercial application availability so so I went Mac. During this time I went through a number of mobile phones, some Symbian but most windows mobile based and experienced nothing but hassles in terms of stability and interoperability with my computer. This drove me to go iphone after I went Mac, hoping that they would work together better and I haven't looked back.

Once you buy into the iphone/Mac platform it's easier to buy into additional Apple products (iMac, Apple TV, iPads) & services(iTunes, et al) and maintain interoperability with apps and capability. The same may be true of MS and Windows now, but it wasn't and, at least for me, MS missed the boat. I would presume based on the number of other multi-Apple platform households that I am not alone. But, don't confuse adoption with worship: if Apple pisses me off and let's me down like MS did, I will jump ship if there's a better platform/environment that meets my needs.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sknet View Post
    you don't even know what you're talking about. the Galaxy S3 is way more comfortable to hold than any iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    You guys know what's gonna happen? Apple will release the iPhone 5S this year and it will sell horribly. Then, they will finally release a 5" screen iphone in 2014 to try and recover there huge losses, by then Samsung will be king. Search for the Apple / Microsoft history, apple didn't learn ��. I'm saving this post to remind you all in 2014!
    +1

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I think the iPhone five would have been much nicer if it would have been wider. Didn't upgrade because of its size.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Screen size can be as large as they want, but without software supporting it larger screen don't matter!!!
    I hate my iPhone 5 with the black bar up top and bottom, at expand the app to appear normal.
    Sure glad they jailbroke the iphone5. Fullforce all the way!!!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quidam_brujah View Post
    Anyone who can easily switch between phones as their only platform really isn't taking advantage of it. If you have multiples and prefer one over the other but use both... I can maybe see that.

My point is that I had a pc and ran WinXP. I had endless problems and went to Ubuntu. I wanted better support and commercial application availability so so I went Mac. During this time I went through a number of mobile phones, some Symbian but most windows mobile based and experienced nothing but hassles in terms of stability and interoperability with my computer. This drove me to go iphone after I went Mac, hoping that they would work together better and I haven't looked back.

Once you buy into the iphone/Mac platform it's easier to buy into additional Apple products (iMac, Apple TV, iPads) & services(iTunes, et al) and maintain interoperability with apps and capability. The same may be true of MS and Windows now, but it wasn't and, at least for me, MS missed the boat. I would presume based on the number of other multi-Apple platform households that I am not alone. But, don't confuse adoption with worship: if Apple pisses me off and let's me down like MS did, I will jump ship if there's a better platform/environment that meets my needs.
    + 1

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123