Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Facing Pressure to Make 'Bigger iPhone'

Quote Originally Posted by SAVAGE5 View Post
    Samsung is garbage and plastic. Android is annoying and ugly UI. Trying to hold a Note/Note2 is like trying to hold a bible and texting one handed is almost impossble.
    Your comment makes me laugh. I was the same way and now I own a Note 2. Yes at first it seemed huge but after a while the size tamed down. As for texting you can select which side you want the keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyyankees View Post
    the problem with apple is that they dont care what the consumer thinks and now they are getting a backlash just look at their stock they are turning people off themselves
    LMAO! Are you serious?

iPhone? More like MyPhone SAVAGE5's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XFaega View Post
    Your comment makes me laugh. I was the same way and now I own a Note 2. Yes at first it seemed huge but after a while the size tamed down. As for texting you can select which side you want the keyboard.
    I know a couple people who like it but the difference is huge IMO. I know everyone who has an iPhone 95% of them say they've used Samsung and Andorid and don't like the feel or look of UI. But then 2 out of every 100 say they love it so much more than the iPhone. Personally having the S2SR and Note for a week I went back to iPhone immedietly. Haven't tried the Note 2 except for in store so can't really say anything about how it works besides looks and feel.

It's just personal preference. I mean I dropped my S2 the first day and it shattered from 1 foot above ground. I've dropped my i4s mult. times and never done anything but chipped a corner. i5 I baby. LOL
    Last edited by SAVAGE5; 02-05-2013 at 02:33 PM.
    i5-

Long time reader. I don't care if you have 1 million post.

Everyone with their own preferences... It's normal and good! Some are talking about the Android UI being crap... The difference between the two is that Android allows you to do much more, and control much more your phone. I own an iPhone5 and a Note II and let me tell you that I have no problems with holding it to make calls. Honestly, the Note II makes the iphone look like a kids toy... Much more powerfull, possibilities...etc etc. true that the iPhone has a better visually built quality... But i don't care about that. I just want the phone to do what I want.

I'm compensating, so a bigger screen will help, just not sure about putting it in my pants...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to camxposure For This Useful Post:

raduga (02-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyyankees View Post
    the problem with apple is that they dont care what the consumer thinks and now they are getting a backlash just look at their stock they are turning people off themselves
    You will likely find the share price is nothing to do with a backlash but more like a sudden dip after people sold shares to make a profit then the price dived!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to agree that it won't happen but it would be nice to have a bigger screen on the phone. Something along the Nexus 4 screen size is nice. Heck, even my Droid DNA feels great in my hand and surprisingly it doesn't feel as big as i thought it would. Sleek design and big screen feel great. If Apple released something like the DNA i would consider switching back to Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by camxposure View Post
    I'm compensating, so a bigger screen will help, just not sure about putting it in my pants...
    I'm sure it would fit fine, unless you wear super tight skinny jeans or something lol

Quote Originally Posted by camxposure View Post
    Upgrade ur pants.

Don't be ashamed for wearing "small pockets",
    with modern engineering you can host an iPad mini in your pants too!
    Last edited by raduga; 02-05-2013 at 03:39 PM.

Smartphones are becoming things of the past. They should now work on robots, that will be the new innovation! THATS THE NEXT BIG THING

It's funny how it's not needed when you personally don't want it. I own a S3 & a iPhone 5. I love using both, but I prefer using the S3 for the screen size. This is why Apple needs a bigger screen. Some don't want it, some do. It's all about what the consumer wants. Face it a lot of consumers prefer the larger screen. For me it is easier to type 1 handed on the S3 than the iphone. I have larger hands and feel like i'm going to drop my iphone. Holding the S3 on a call is more comfortable. I don't think Apple should go "phablet" size, but a 4.5-4.7 would be perfect.

More and more people are being exposed to the larger screen size and are finding that they prefer it. For reading news, etc. the larger screen is preferable. I hate having to carry my tablet with me to comfortably read.[/QUOTE]

If u want a larger screen get the ipad mini.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colin9001's Avatar
    Thanks

Nothing is really motivating apple to change the UI lol they will still make billions of dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    It's funny how it's not needed when you personally don't want it. I own a S3 & a iPhone 5. I love using both, but I prefer using the S3 for the screen size. This is why Apple needs a bigger screen. Some don't want it, some do. It's all about what the consumer wants. Face it a lot of consumers prefer the larger screen. For me it is easier to type 1 handed on the S3 than the iphone. I have larger hands and feel like i'm going to drop my iphone. Holding the S3 on a call is more comfortable. I don't think Apple should go "phablet" size, but a 4.5-4.7 would be perfect.
    Agreed... 1,000,000% I'm staying on my 4s until a larger screen iPhone is available. iPhone 5 was not a big enough step for me to upgrade, imo. But then again, I'm not a fan of the iPad mini. I'll keep my 3rd gen Verizon iPad.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Old people sure do like those big screens...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to bmwraw8482 For This Useful Post:

Jokadaking (02-11-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Screen size can be as large as they want, but without software supporting it larger screen don't matter!!!
    I hate my iPhone 5 with the black bar up top and bottom, at expand the app to appear normal.

A bigger screen would make me stand in line waiting for the new one to be released. I have big hands and having a small phone is frustrating. I hate the Android OS. Straight up. I think its garbage and I crack up every time I hear someone talk about how great it is. A bigger screen would make a lot of people ditch their Samsungs and other AVOID or VOID phones.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jokadaking View Post
    More and more people are being exposed to the larger screen size and are finding that they prefer it. For reading news, etc. the larger screen is preferable. I hate having to carry my tablet with me to comfortably read.
    If u want a larger screen get the ipad mini.
    Got one, and an original iPad, the latest iPad, a Galaxy Tab 7.7, a Kindle Fire and a Galaxy Tablet. None of those do cell phone calls. MY point is I prefer the 4.8" screen on my S3 to the smaller iPhone for reading. The iPhone 5 does not fit comfortably in my hand where the RAZR MAXX HD does for use as a regular phone.
    Last edited by Tperry; 02-05-2013 at 06:36 PM.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

So now we are going to have palsma TVs as phones? For me iPhone 5 is big enough. That look for the regular people like Apple is running out of ideas and they are just playing with sizes between devices till they think about something else. Apple is not the same as before. Give me something different not bigger and I will brake my carrier contract and pay the penalty just to buy it. I guess next time will be what? a bigger Apple TV

The people who are saying that this will not happen are the one that said that ipad mini will never come out. lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast