Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Your Weather App Crashing After Jailbreaking With evasi0n? - Fix On the Way!

Default Your Weather App Crashing After Jailbreaking With evasi0n? - Fix On The Way!

After jailbreaking with the new iOS 6 untethered jailbreak tool evasi0n, many, but not all, are reporting that the Weather application in iOS is crashing upon launch. It has happened on many of our own devices too. Miraculously, many people are also reporting that the issue doesn't affect them.

For those of you wondering, the evad3rs have been working on a fix for the issue since yesterday. iOS hacker pod2g Tweeted this morning that the problem has been identified, and that an update for the evasi0n jailbreak tool and the evasi0n jailbreak package in Cydia would be updated to resolve it:

If you just can’t wait for the fix because you love the iOS Weather application too much, pod2g says via his blog that power-users can use this script to fix the problem right now. The script will force the rebuild of com.apple.mobile.installation.plist.

If you’re waiting on the easier fix either from the evasi0n jailbreak tool or the evasi0n jailbreak Cydia package, rather than using the script mentioned above, you can expect the fix anywhere between one to a couple of days.

iOS hacker and developer Ryan Petrich also addressed a problem with the iOS 6.1 untethered jailbreak by releasing a new free jailbreak tweak into his beta repository that would clean up the temporary files generated after every respring and take up a ton of space.

Sources: pod2g
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-05-2013 at 10:05 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

2k1 (02-05-2013), Jimdefruit (02-05-2013)

nice . i restored and re JB a bunch of times, but weather app always failed. i can wait for an updated evasion. thanks !!

So anyone have a step by step guide on the script way of fixing it?

I tried both copying and pasting the entire code into the ssh terminal, and pasting the code into a fixweather.sh file and running it via terminal sh fixweather.sh , neither produced results....

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

I'm still inside at work won't go out like the devs told me to do. but glad they working on it so i can finally go home.

Ran the script and it took care of the issue for me.. way to go pod2g!

Not sure if it's related but my iPhone also booted properly for the first time .. no need to do a hard reset! could just be a fluke though.

Quote Originally Posted by kromix View Post

I tried both copying and pasting the entire code into the ssh terminal, and pasting the code into a fixweather.sh file and running it via terminal sh fixweather.sh , neither produced results....
    The way I did it?

1. Install OpenSSH
    2. Download and install WinSCP ( on a pc )
    3. I connected and changed into / folder
    4. I created a new file called fix.sh and pasted the script in
    5. I connected to the iphone using putty and then executed it by typing sh /fix.sh

May not be the absolute newb guide.. but if you're not familiar with ssh or don't feel comfortable doing it, you might want to wait anyway.. I'm a linux admin =)
    Last edited by oneduality; 02-05-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I figured they'd be coming out with an evasion update...that's usually how it goes. There's almost always some kind of bug/bugs that need to be fixed with a new JB. Glad I waited

Miraculously, many people are also reporting that the issue....
    I don't know if "miraculously" was quite the right word. Oddly, strangely, curiously....not "miraculously". O_o

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FilSmith For This Useful Post:

joshlogic (02-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by kromix View Post

The way I did it?

1. Install OpenSSH
    5. I connected to the iphone using putty and then executed it by typing sh /fix.sh

May not be the absolute newb guide.. but if you're not familiar with ssh or don't feel comfortable doing it, you might want to wait anyway.. I'm a linux admin =)

By the way.. the script doesn't produce any output but it will reboot your device when it's done.. that's really the only way you know it's done it's thing.

Lmao at the people that are acting like there isn't plenty of apps in the AppStore to resolve this problem for them.... Smh

Quote Originally Posted by oneduality View Post
    Ran the script and it took care of the issue for me.. way to go pod2g!

Not sure if it's related but my iPhone also booted properly for the first time .. no need to do a hard reset! could just be a fluke though.

The way I did it?

1. Install OpenSSH

I'm pretty familiar..... I get this:

KromiX:~ root# sh /fix.sh
    chmod: cannot access `/usr/libexec/mobile_installation_proxy\r': No such file or directory
    No matching processes were found
    rm: cannot remove `\r': No such file or directory
    launchctl stop error: No such process
    launchctl start error: No such process
    : command not found
    /fix.sh: line 22: syntax error: unexpected end of file

I have no idea why it's adding a \r at the end of it it seems like thats causing the problem.... I copy and pasted directly from his blog and confirmed nothing was added or deleted.

Yay!!! Lol

Kromix, that worked great.

Thank you

Download : weather eye
    Or
    Weather network
    Way better weather apps.

Also couple good tweaks need updating to support 6.x some
    Keep sending me in safe mode.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My evasi0n isn't even working!?!? Keeps crashing!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colwood's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I Got it And I Just Use Siri for The Weather now

That must be the reason that the WeatherIcon app puts the phone in Safe Mode...?

people are reporting that the jailbreak sometimes doesnt work and you need to hard reset to turn on the phone - i hope they release a proper version of the JB soon

Quote Originally Posted by Luiscastro23 View Post
    Lmao at the people that are acting like there isn't plenty of apps in the AppStore to resolve this problem for them.... Smh

i prefer the stock app as you can access it from the notification center. i actually tried weather channel and weather plus one, but you cant access those 2 from the notification center.

i can wait for the updated evasion fix. cant access any repos anyways.

ran into the same problem. thought maybe i needed to turn it off and now it won't turn back on.

Quote Originally Posted by ratbrain View Post
    nice . i restored and re JB a bunch of times, but weather app always failed. i can wait for an updated evasion. thanks !!
    had the same problem. tried weather and it crashed. tried turning off the phone with it wouldn't turn back on (stuck on apple logo). put it in DFU and restored. gonna wait for updated JB.
    Last edited by mvangogh; 02-05-2013 at 11:10 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colwood's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mvangogh View Post
    ran into the same problem. thought maybe i needed to turn it off and now it won't turn back on.

had the same problem. tried weather and it crashed. tried turning off the phone with it wouldn't turn back on (stuck on apple logo). put it in DFU and restored. gonna wait for updated JB.
    Hey Man Next Time That happens Just Do A Hard Reset Meaning hold The Power and the Home Until its Black if That doesnt work Just Do It again Its on Evasi0n.com Its worked For Me!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast