Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak your iPhone 5 or iOS 6.x iDevice with evasi0n

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Just never do an update over the air is number one. And if you ever wanna update ya phone to the new firmware plug it into iTunes first put phone in dfu mode and restore as new.

Ok 1. What is dfu mode and how do you do it. When restoring as new wont I loose everything and have to re jail break

Thanks

Here a link about dfu mode.

http://m.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

And it's always best to restore as new so no issues come with new firmware. Ya have iCloud for contacts notes and all. Music apps and stuff can put back on manually

Ok thanks so much, your right all my apps will in the app store and best do take a little extra time to do it right then f'up the phone. Thanks so agakn

Thanks

Welcome glad to help

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

250curatolo (03-14-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Respect.

Hi, sorry if this may sound stupid, but when you do this jailbreak, does this mean your device is open to all networks? Apologies again if this is a ridiculous question. New to all this ha .

Chris

Thanks

What ya mean open to all networks?

And there is nothing bad that can happen to ya phone. Just stay away from the piracy repos and nothing will happen to ya phone.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,882 Times in 1,247 Posts

@Chris
    Or...if you're that concerned, you can get an app called MobileTerminal and change the ROOT password to your device. This way, nobody will be able to remotely get into your device!

evasi0n - Version 1.5.4 new version has been released for ios 6.1.3 For more info visit removed
    Last edited by Simon; 03-28-2013 at 06:49 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,502 Times in 7,090 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by himerjackson2 View Post
    evasi0n - Version 1.5.4 new version has been released for ios 6.1.3 For more info visit removed
    No, it hasn't. And that site is a not theirs, it's a fake.

-BUMP-

OOO.. Did I actually beat Anthony to this news before he wrote an article??!!

If you launch Cydia today - you will no longer see your saved blobs from 6.0-6.1.2 listed accross the top. There is a notice pointing you to belowon the screen and an 'apology article' from Saurik. Now it's NOT news to insiders that there was something wrong with the API Tickets in the saved blobs at Cydia starting with 6.0 and lasting thru 6.1.2 - but what's 'news' is Saurik erasing them from Cydia servers and a big apology letter.

I'm glad I saved my 6.1.2 also to TU (without Cydia upload option).

Last edited by NewdestinyX; 04-09-2013 at 12:10 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Simon (04-09-2013)

Done it, very early this morning
    As a matter of fact, we are discussing it all day long on our local iforum.
    BTW, I have a question, what should be the right size of properly saved blobs....any idea?
    Last edited by bbrks; 04-09-2013 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    Done it, very early this morning
    As a matter of fact, we are discussing it all day long on our local iforum.
    BTW, I have a question, what should be the right size of properly saved blobs....any idea?
    Don't know about size.
    But - when you say 'done it this morning' - keep in mind that what 'you done' was save 6.1.3 and not 6.1.2 or lower even if that's what your phone in on. Saving of SHSH blobs with their appropriate APTickets can only be done while a signing window is open. Once that signing window closes you can't ever get your blobs saved for the current iOS you're running. iOS 6.1.3 has been out now. So when we save our SHSHBlobs now - we're saving 6.1.3 blobs and not 6.1.2. Maybe you already know that - but for others who are new to the whole 'blob' thing.

That's why this was such a big deal for people who rely only on Cydia to autosave their blobs for them while a signing window is open. People who only relied on Cydia this time and never used TinyUmbrella don't have a copy of their 6.0-6.1.2 blobs ANYWHERE now and can't ever get them again. Not that any of us would ever need them - since iOS7 is pretty close.. But if there's any reason you hate iOS7 and they find a bootrom exploit for iP4S or iP5 - you would never be able to downgrade to 6. Again - practically speaking that's a pretty far-fetched scenario I just described - but it's still a very big deal for people with iPhone 3GS, 4 and iPad2.

Fair enough, I know what you mean and I am glad you explained this to the public all around. I know the whole story and I always save my blobs on the PC, as soon as new IOS is out. That is exactly why I successfully restored my i4 to 6.1.2, when I was in trouble. My English is not that good and I wouldn't be able to explain it to the people the way you did.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

question im on tmobile iphone 5 woot finally,, but I want to just ad cydia any way without bricking it?

Thanks

What firmware are you on

Hi...
    I'm the new kid.
    I have the 4S ver. 6.1.3 any chance there will be a jailbreak for that ?
    I just heard of this today...OUTSTANDING!!!

Quote Originally Posted by w2far View Post
    Hi...
    I'm the new kid.
    I have the 4S ver. 6.1.3 any chance there will be a jailbreak for that ?
    I just heard of this today...OUTSTANDING!!!
    You heard incorrectly. There are a lot of hoaxes out there right now giving people false hope. There won't be any new jailbreak available for 4S and 5 until iOS 7. Sorry you were given bad information.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Default a little confused
    i havent kept up in awhile, and currently using 4s on 5.1.1. i am pretty muhc stuck on 5.1.1 until a new jb comes out for the 6.1.3?

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast