Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak your iPhone 5 or iOS 6.x iDevice with evasi0n

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

All Big Boss packages were empty after jailbreaking, removed the source then re-added but I keep getting an error. Anyone seeing this issue?

get mobile terminal, type:

su
    alpine(your password if you changed it)
    dpkg --a configure

then respring, hope this helps
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

Hi, I just downloaded the Windows file. When I click on the Zipped file to open it, I get an error "The compressed (zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted". Is there another place I can download it?

Must run as administrator message and yes I am running as administrator

Quote Originally Posted by PieRace2000 View Post
    Hi, I just downloaded the Windows file. When I click on the Zipped file to open it, I get an error "The compressed (zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted". Is there another place I can download it?
    I'm Getting the same thing from the windows 4S version. tried directly from the evasi0n site as well..

Thanks
    Thanked 10,209 Times in 6,214 Posts

I just tried it on a Windows machine running Win 7 and had no issues at all extracting the file with WinRar.
    Right click on file and choose extract here.

Anyone knows how to downgrade Iphone 3GS baseband after applying this jailbreak and how to actually get iMessage to work? (no sim on my phone).

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

(download issues were caused by the files not being completely uploaded - try again and they're fine!)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, So i got BigBoss repo installed and it's working but I noticed that I don't have the Modymyi repo, tried installing by adding it manually, SSH and from the Cydia home screen. When it's added to the sources list all packages for all sources disappear, everything is empty. Then i remove modmyi repo and everything comes back. Anyone have any idea??

Thanks
    Thanked 15,562 Times in 7,112 Posts

Sounds like something is corrupt with your cydia. Maybe from restoring a backup or installing a repo that corrupted your source list.

What device and firmware are you on and what did you use to jailbreak?

Can anyone help me here... I got my daughter new iphone 5 from sprint that come with 6.0 and i updated to 6.1.2. Then i click newer evasi0n jailbreak ( win 1-1.5.2.7 ) that i got from here. So i get error message box that said evasi0n.com stopping working... i click close try again...same thing... So i reboot my PC..then try jailbreak..same error. Yes, i click on as Run Program as and Administrator. I have Jailbreak before.. My iphone 4S when Evasi0n first come out and My son has Iphone 5 with first Evasion come out. But is it that why Jailbreak 6.1.2 getting problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,562 Times in 7,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bcwyatt View Post
    Can anyone help me here... I got my daughter new iphone 5 from sprint that come with 6.0 and i updated to 6.1.2. Then i click newer evasi0n jailbreak ( win 1-1.5.2.7 ) that i got from here. So i get error message box that said evasi0n.com stopping working... i click close try again...same thing... So i reboot my PC..then try jailbreak..same error. Yes, i click on as Run Program as and Administrator. I have Jailbreak before.. My iphone 4S when Evasi0n first come out and My son has Iphone 5 with first Evasion come out. But is it that why Jailbreak 6.1.2 getting problem.
    What version of windows are you running?

Make sure to get the latest version of evasi0n from www.evasi0n.com.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is it possible to unlock yet after evasi0n jailbreak?

I'm out of the US and need my sim card to work, so I am waiting to upgrade then JB with evasi0n.

iPhone 3Gs 5.1.1

I finally upgraded to 6.1.2 and jailbroke my 4S on Friday. I spent quite some time reinstalling all the tweaks I wanted. LOL

in the process now...if this is TRUE I will be glad to donate......ive been waiting for this since my 3gs looooong wait...thanks

I have a jailbroken iPhone 5 on Verizon with intelliscreen X and axon so far. If apple releases a iOS update can I still go thru the basic upgrade method. This is my first jailbroken iPhone. Thanks for the help.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Latest that the jailbreak goes to is 6.1.2 I'm sure apple will be releasing and update for the firmware soon and what we were told by the devs is. That the new update the jailbreak will not work for it.

Yea I'm running 6.1.2 how do we upgrade the iOS software! If not OTA or via iTunes?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Don't do it OTA do it threw iTunes.

Your on the latest so no worries

Ok great thanks man. I wasn't sure if their was something I special you had to do with a jailbroken iPhone and iOS upgrading

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast