Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 39 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak your iPhone 5 or iOS 6.x iDevice with evasi0n

I'm patiently waiting until Cydia will let me install some things.

Any sources yet?!?

Quote Originally Posted by ugotpwned5 View Post
    Are you getting this while trying to update your iPad? check your host list and make sure on your computer that tiny umbrella didn't block apple servers. I have had issues in the past with that program editing my host list without me even realizing it.

edit host list how to
    How to Edit the Hosts File in Mac OS X with Terminal

Server to remove off list
    gs.apple.com (it may have a random ip address next to it. I can't quite remember)
    thanks for the advice, however i tried editing the host files but still no success, yes im trying to update to ios6.1 on the ipad 3 gsm. ive been trying many times using different usb ports and cables. disabling security programs and trying on other computers but still no success, really need some help

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    If you get stuck on the apple logo do a hard reset. Should boot up after that.
    Done that a dozen times. Multiple restores and re-jailbreaks with same result. I'm using iPhone 5 6.1 GSM by the way.

Seems like they tested everything, BUT rebooting.

iPhone? More like MyPhone WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
    Thanks

I had to be persistent to get some things to download but after countless errors ill just wait till the servers aren't being hammered ^.^

Anyone on ip4 or ip4s experiencing wifi, antenna or battery issues with 6.1? Seeing a lot of problems on apples discussion forums.

thanks for the advice ugotpwned5, however have edited the host files still no success. yes i am trying to update/restore to ios 6.1 on ipad 3 gsm. i tried many times using diff usb ports and cables on diff computers and at the same time disabling all security applications still no success and always get the ITUNES ERROR -1. PLEASE HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    Done that a dozen times. Multiple restores and re-jailbreaks with same result. I'm using iPhone 5 6.1 GSM by the way.

Seems like they tested everything, BUT rebooting.
    LOL

It will get fixed. Just be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by ugotpwned5 View Post
    LOL

It will get fixed. Just be patient.
    I'm sure they will, but this is kinda a big problem lol.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drtranis3 View Post
    Anyone on ip4 or ip4s experiencing wifi, antenna or battery issues with 6.1? Seeing a lot of problems on apples discussion forums.
    Battery seemed to be draining a little faster, but no wifi nor antenna issues at all

anybody else having the weather app crash issue?

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds like it has a few issues for quite a number of people. I think I'll wait a couple days before I actually JB my iPhone 5...I'm sure by then they'll have some sort of update or fix for these problems. Hopefully the servers will be less crowded as well! I'm still way excited for the JB release though! Thanks to the evaders for working so hard!

Quote Originally Posted by pokadotz View Post
    thanks for the advice ugotpwned5, however have edited the host files still no success. yes i am trying to update/restore to ios 6.1 on ipad 3 gsm. i tried many times using diff usb ports and cables on diff computers and at the same time disabling all security applications still no success and always get the ITUNES ERROR -1. PLEASE HELP!
    when in doubt, just use another computer. borrow a friends.

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Is MyWi crashing for everyone using a WEP key?

Batteries are draining because we are all on our stupid phones trying to get Cydia to work.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr117 For This Useful Post:

dsg (02-04-2013), Paddycakes (02-04-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm having a lot of trouble with my jailbreak
    Cydia is acting up I can't even install a package it gives me tons of errors
    Please help me

Default Same thing
    Quote Originally Posted by iFrosty View Post
    Ironically i tweeted to them about that update maybe 5 mins ago. no response. But now that you are stuck at the apple logo i may hold off.
    Restored twice and stuck at Apple logo myself

I am on iOS 6.1 with iPhone 5. Jailbroke once without any issues. Weather app works just fine from the beginning. Rebooted a few times just to test if anything crashes. No issues (knocking on wood).

iPhone? More like MyPhone RoloDiva13's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Same deal for me. I restored to 6.1 unjailbroken. This JB seems too broken ATM.
    Same thing happened to me but I figured out if I did a 'clean' restore, DON'T restore a previous backup (prior to the jailbreak) but instead set up as a new device, this doesn't happen. JB'd the iP5 and the iPad3 this way with zero issues. AFTER the JB, then I went back and restored from the backup of my choosing.

What's funny is that everyone was saying, "where's the jb, when will it be out? 80%, now it's 90%, can hardly wait!" Seems to me I said, on another thread, "what's the hurry, you'll be able to jb, just not add anything from Cydia for a few days."

And here we are. Relax, you've got your jailbreak. Eventually, you will have your Cydia working. It's called patience, people. Try it. We might like it if you do.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr117 For This Useful Post:

dsg (02-04-2013), Paddycakes (02-04-2013)

Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 39 ... LastLast