Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 38 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak your iPhone 5 or iOS 6.x iDevice with evasi0n

Quote Originally Posted by ugotpwned5 View Post
    Nobody to my knowledge posted that they hard booted because they just wanted to.
    I hard booted because I just wanted to.
    It hung the first time.
    I restarted, and it hung the second time, too.

Third, fourth, subsequent reboots its been fine.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I was just wondering before I update to 6.1. is there away that I can preserve baseband before updating to ios 6.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Koreandude82 View Post
    I was just wondering before I update to 6.1. is there away that I can preserve baseband before updating to ios 6.1?
    Actual Mod edit
    Last edited by Simon; 02-04-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,562 Times in 7,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Koreandude82 View Post
    Depends on your device

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

raduga (02-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by nrfuller View Post
    "there is an "untether 6.x for evasi0n" update in cydia. i installed and have not had any issue whatsoever with the JB (im on iphone 5 6.1)"

But if you can't install anything on cydia- how are you supposed to install the update? Curious.
    Not everything in Cydia is halted. When I did all 4 of my devices about an hour ago I was able to install the untether tweak that showed up in the changes section of Cydia. Try to refresh it should pop up

After using evasi0n, I believe the iPhone has a mind of its own. It decides whether it feels like working or not haha. There is a little bug that I am sure will be fixed in the next couple hours-days

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Cydia is getting hammered right now. Some repos are down, some are slow, some are going down then up and so on. Paid apps/tweaks are not working online right now. Give it time to settle and all these issues should be worked out. Cydia is always like this after a new jailbreak drops.
    I swear, I believe people are retarded at this point. There is basically 28 pages of "Cydia isn't working. Is it working for anyone else? What is wrong?" right below four posts with the EXACT SAME THING! And a reply to every single one of them saying "The servers are being hammered. Give it time, everything is ok" I think Modmyi should just put up a big page for the homepage for the next couple of days " Jailbreak works. Cydia servers are being hit really hard. Give it some time, everything's good, calm down. Move along, nothing to see here."

Clearly no one knows how forums work, yet people know how to post. I give up.

Please dont forget before updating in itunes turn off temporarily your firewalland antivirus. it makes things go smoother. with the whole process then turn n once jailbroken.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,562 Times in 7,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by themadman123 View Post
    I swear, I believe people are retarded at this point. There is basically 28 pages of "Cydia isn't working. Is it working for anyone else? What is wrong?" right below four posts with the EXACT SAME THING! And a reply to every single one of them saying "The servers are being hammered. Give it time, everything is ok" I think Modmyi should just put up a big page for the homepage for the next couple of days " Jailbreak works. Cydia servers are being hit really hard. Give it some time, everything's good, calm down. Move along, nothing to see here."

Wouldn't help. People will still ask no matter where or how big the message is. Just the way things are.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

I jailbroke this morning when it was released and no apps installed yet due to the high traffic on Cydia, keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by themadman123 View Post

Or as Kyle put it. http://twitter.com/modmyi/status/298...882880/photo/1

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

raduga (02-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by pokadotz View Post
    can anyone please tell me what to do or how to FIX ITUNES ERROR -1 on ipad 3 with gsm?
    Are you getting this while trying to update your iPad? check your host list and make sure on your computer that tiny umbrella didn't block apple servers. I have had issues in the past with that program editing my host list without me even realizing it.

edit host list how to
    How to Edit the Hosts File in Mac OS X with Terminal

Server to remove off list
    gs.apple.com (it may have a random ip address next to it. I can't quite remember)

It's like this every time a jailbreak releases. And worse when one releases for new device/s.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ok, cool. Thanks. I might wait until sn0wbreeze or redsn0w is updated to ios 6.1. I'm currently on ios 6.0.1. again thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Me too, I wasn't able to download anything from my Cydia account

Nothing works on jailbroke 4s 6.1 in cydia wtf!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Wouldn't help. People will still ask no matter where or how big the message is. Just the way things are.
    How forums "work", is that usually people do what's most convenient to them.
    Reading through 28 pages of a very slow MMi forum that's also being hammered is not convenient,
    and expecting people to do that is probably unreasonable.

So, every new lemming who posts contributes to the pileup and makes it worse.
    You can put up a fence, or a banner but lemmings will just climb over it.
    We always do.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to raduga For This Useful Post:

Simon (02-04-2013)

Except for the Weather app, everything went smooth for me.

iPad4, 6.1

Many thanks!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can't wait to go home after work and Update to ios 6.1 and then JB! This makes my day after moveing for the past 2 days and workin! There nothing better to spend my day off by jail breaking my phone and being lazy
    - Things I have Jailbroken -
    iphone 3g 8gb
    iphone 4 32gb
    Ipad 1st gen 16gb

- Add me on twitter -
    - Mr_wilson1991 -

Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 38 ... LastLast