+ Reply
Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 32 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak your iPhone 5 or iOS 6.x iDevice with evasi0n

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by duceduc Is it possible to create a custom 6.1 firmware to preserve baseband on an iphone4 and run evasi0n to jailbreak after? I use grevy sim to
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duceduc View Post
    Is it possible to create a custom 6.1 firmware to preserve baseband on an iphone4 and run evasi0n to jailbreak after? I use grevy sim to unlock.
    Eventually yes. Those types of Jailbreaks dont get released right away. They take maybe a few days. (Like Sn0wbreeze or pwngetool)

Green Apple
    Thanks

any news on when will cydia be functional again?

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by clincoln View Post
    Thanks for answering this, might mean restore as need banking app.
    Unless Xcon has a fix for it ya wont be able to use it on a jailbroken phone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    if you read the thread, many others already said this.

and some have done hard reset multiple times, then it booted normal
    You are sounding a bit rude and a know it all. I was making it clear to everyone else Do not hard reset for any reason.

The reason I posted was to pull it out as an issue alone. Nobody to my knowledge posted that they hard booted because they just wanted to. Everyone hard booting is doing it because they had an issue during the jailbreak procedure or cydia won't open.

Next time Rescuer you could come off a little nicer. But thanks for the multiple hard resets tip for the public. That seems to be the only way to fix the unknown issue.

Cheers everyone! Have fun staring at Cydia.

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nrfuller View Post
    I'm confused. Is the weather app not working a sign of bigger problems, or is it just that that one app won't load? Cuz personally I can live without the weather app if it means I can have a jailbroken phone. But maybe I'm missing something and the weather app not loading means there are greater issues that need to be addressed.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
    Bro wth! Just go to the app store and download accuweater or any other weather app! Just because the stock weather app is not loading doesnt mean its the end of the world. Plus u can still check the weather from NC

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Don't think it's a big issue something isn't working right with it and I'm sure the dev team is gonna have it fixed soon. I wouldn't worry about if that's the only issue people complaing about we good.
    And the slightly bigger issue of the reboot problem.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by comthre3 View Post
    any news on when will cydia be functional again?
    When traffic dies back down. How to Jailbreak your iPhone 5 or iOS 6.x iDevice with evasi0n-imageuploadedbymodmyi1360017405.220775.jpg
    This is what saurik tweeted so I would say very high traffic for now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clincoln View Post
    Thanks for answering this, might mean restore as need banking app.
    Try xCon. You'll find it in cydia. It did support the Barclays app. I'm not sure if it still does. Worth a try tho

iPhone? More like MyPhone SAVAGE5's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ugotpwned5 View Post
    You are sounding a bit rude and a know it all. I was making it clear to everyone else Do not hard reset for any reason.

The reason I posted was to pull it out as an issue alone. Nobody to my knowledge posted that they hard booted because they just wanted to. Everyone hard booting is doing it because they had an issue during the jailbreak procedure or cydia won't open.

Next time Rescuer you could come off a little nicer. But thanks for the multiple hard resets tip for the public. That seems to be the only way to fix the unknown issue.

How to Jailbreak your iPhone 5 or iOS 6.x iDevice with evasi0n-yep-you-mad.gif
    i5-

Long time reader. I don't care if you have 1 million post.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Mine works great! iPhone 5 on 6.1 - It reboots after hard resets, weather app works, and upgraded the untethered from cydia. Awesome job guys!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Should I?
    Hey Guys...

The wife and I are still on 5.1.1. She has a IP4 and i have a IP4s, both jailbroken. We are debating on whether or not to update and jailbreak. We are mainly concerned for security and functionality rather than the new features,. Is it worth the time to update? Or just leave it?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I did... just to see if there was any issues, i have none. I know some people are having issues, but i just thought i'd throw in there it's not with everyone

Thanks

if you read the thread, many others already said this. this isn't stating i'm a know it all, it's stating that you didn't read the thread and me recognizing that it's been stated multiple times.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Xeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedrush View Post
    Try xCon. You'll find it in cydia. It did support the Barclays app. I'm not sure if it still does. Worth a try tho
    I will but so far no luck getting XCon app to load from Cydia, like everything else!

Thanks

When traffic dies back down. Attachment 620420
    Wow

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drtranis3 View Post
    Hey Guys...

The wife and I are still on 5.1.1. She has a IP4 and i have a IP4s, both jailbroken. We are debating on whether or not to update and jailbreak. We are mainly concerned for security and functionality rather than the new features,. Is it worth the time to update? Or just leave it?
    If you arent relying on unlocks then sure. iOS 6 added more security than 5 had.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to iFrosty For This Useful Post:

DrTran83 (02-04-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

When traffic dies back down. Attachment 620420
    thanks for the reply, i figured that was the problems, DAMN YOU EAGER JAILBREAKERS CLOGGING UP THE SERVER!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    if you read the thread, many others already said this. this isn't stating i'm a know it all, it's stating that you didn't read the thread and me recognizing that it's been stated multiple times.

I invite you to show me who posted that hard booting without any current problems on their device would cause an issue? I'v read people that said the weather.app wasn't working. tried and it messed it up during boot and some people rebooted just fine.

Iv read people had problems during the jailbreak procedure. hard booted got stuck on apple. Some hard booted after issues with the jailbreak procedure and it fixed.

Basically what I am trying to say is that be wary of hard booting in general for any reason.

Green Apple
    Thanks

is anyone struggling to install anything from the big boss repo ?. desperately trying to get sbsettings

Thanks

Nothing works to be downloaded from Cydia