+ Reply
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Springtomize 2 Gets iOS 6 Support, New Features, Free Upgrade for Existing Owners

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
This is why I usually never share anything with u NewDestiny. I'm not mad at all but u asked the question about springtomize and I thought I would offer a
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,179 Times in 2,277 Posts

This is why I usually never share anything with u NewDestiny. I'm not mad at all but u asked the question about springtomize and I thought I would offer a suggestion that may eliminate some other tweaks u have because I know u like smooth performance on your phone. I didn't want or need to be schooled on moral relativism. I said that because its FREE they are not benefiting from a MONETARY standpoint. How in the hell can this be argued. Maybe im just a complete moron and always miss the point.

When u asked before what I'm doing to get good performance out of my phone I never replied because I knew something like this would happen. But it's all good bro. WARCRAFT!!!

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,305 Times in 5,969 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    When I unlock before the end of my contract - and use a prepaid SIM in Europe averting ATT $1.29/min. Am I, in FACT, stealing from them? Yes. Can I perceive it as NO?? Sure. In a morally relativistic context - you betcha.
    One could argue the point that if you were to leave your US sim in, you might not make any calls at that rate. If this were true then are you stealing?
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,437 Times in 4,285 Posts

And Krima's only getting his 867MB by using a RAM readout (SBSettings, NCRAM, Springtomize) that include Wired RAM as part of available RAM. Wired RAM is not accessible to the user. Only ncRAM shows only Inactive and Free which is a true readout. When using Springtomize for RAM readout. My phone starts with 835MB RAM even with my 'excessive iWidgets' running.

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    One could argue the point that if you were to leave your US sim in, you might not make any calls at that rate. If this were true then are you stealing?
    Huh?

Thanks

EDIT:
    And Krima's only getting his 867MB by using a RAM readout (SBSettings, NCRAM, Springtomize) that include Wired RAM as part of available RAM. Wired RAM is not accessible to the user. Only ncRAM shows only Inactive and Free which is a true readout. When using Springtomize for RAM readout. My phone starts with 835MB RAM even with my 'excessive iWidgets' running.
    Prove it. Show us a screenshot of that readout with all your iwidgets. If not then I will say I have 1.1 GB of free ram on my i5.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,795 Times in 3,028 Posts

And here we go. Give the IT guys the definition of Ram. Thank you!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    This is why I usually never share anything with u NewDestiny. I'm not mad at all but u asked the question about springtomize and I thought I would offer a suggestion that may eliminate some other tweaks u have because I know u like smooth performance on your phone. I didn't want or need to be schooled on moral relativism. I said that because its FREE they are not benefiting from a MONETARY standpoint. How in the hell can this be argued. Maybe im just a complete moron and always miss the point.

When u asked before what I'm doing to get good performance out of my phone I never replied because I knew something like this would happen. But it's all good bro. WARCRAFT!!!
    Don't walk away pouting. I'm grateful for all help I received. But when we get into moral gray ground on a topic as 'hitting home' as this one - you're going to get a response from me. I appreciate the find - really I do.

Thanks

Don't walk away pouting. I'm grateful for all help I received. But when we get into moral gray ground on a topic as 'hitting home' as this one - you're going to get a response from me. I appreciate the find - really I do.
    Fair enough. I just had no idea that recommending a FREE tweak would be a moral gray area. Had I known that u downloading this tweak would prevent u and your family from having an appetizer with y'all main course I would have graciously kept this to myself. My deepest apologies.

I'm very much kidding here.

Thanks

Random Access Memory
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Krima (03-07-2013), Pinoy (03-07-2013)

Thanks

Prove it. Show us a screenshot of that readout with all your iwidgets. If not then I will say I have 1.1 GB of free ram on my i5.

Very easy to get over 800MB when you factor in WIRED RAM. But WIRED can't be user cleared. Only FREE + INACTIVE is a true measure. But when I compare - I'll use the same 'scale' everyone else is using - with wired added in. So we can compare Apples to Apples. My screen shot there has 3 iWidgets running (2 on other pages) plus the animation in Nate's SB widget
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-07-2013 at 03:50 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Random Access Memory
    Exactly. This is volatile memory.

Where's your animated widgets I see u rocking all the time.

Thanks

Fair enough. I just had no idea that recommending a FREE tweak would be a moral gray area. Had I known that u downloading this tweak would prevent u and your family from having an appetizer with y'all main course I would have graciously kept this to myself. My deepest apologies.

I'm very much kidding here.
    . I hear you Krima. We're okay.. really. What I'm REALLY interested in are your settings in that 'daemons' window. That's GREEK to me. I don't know which stuff I should have on and which off..

Where's your animated widgets I see u rocking all the time.
    In this set up - page 2 and 3. But I have no screenies of them. Let me load up the one with '5'. And reboot and show you the readout. That will be better. And I actually only run '1' animated at any time. In the setup in the picture - Nate's water is animated too plus the word clock widget which updates every minute - and still rocking 823MB free.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-07-2013 at 03:54 PM.

Thanks

. I hear you Krima. We're okay.. really. What I'm REALLY interested in are your settings in that 'daemons' window. That's GREEK to me. I don't know which stuff I should have on and which off..
    I'm glad we r good I truly am. As much **** as I give u I never mean to make an enemy out of u.

If its alright with u I'd rather not discuss what I do with my phone in a public forum as it may cause some confusion and I wouldn't want others to blame me if something went wrong. Cheers.

Thanks

We are going to get a response from you no matter what. I mean really. We could be talking about how to make Mac and Cheese and in addition to your six professions and magnitude of scholastic achievements, you would in addition be a chef. Can you understand that explaining Ram to two IT networkers is a passive aggressive attack? If your a networker show me some certificates. A+ or Microsoft or anything for that matter. Your no more than the uncle we move away from that knows everything. Im so over it, if we were in each others presence Id resort to punching you in your face. Believe that! Lol. Don't reply. Just pass over my posts. As i will be doing from now on with yours.

I'm glad we r good I truly am. As much **** as I give u I never mean to make an enemy out of u.

If its alright with u I'd rather not discuss what I do with my phone in a public forum as it may cause some confusion and I wouldn't want others to blame me if something went wrong. Cheers.
    If you help him anymore i will delete you from my contacts. Not really. But really?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

Krima (03-07-2013), Simon (03-07-2013)

Thanks

In this set up - page 2 and 3. But I have no screenies of them. Let me load up the one with '5'. And reboot and show you the readout. That will be better. And I actually only run '1' animated at any time. In the setup in the picture - Nate's water is animated too plus the word clock widget which updates every minute - and still rocking 823MB free.
    Well it's a gif if I remember correctly. Your fine man no need to upload a readout. I don't use springtomize for my readout because of the gracious ram readout. I downloaded sbsettings and both ncram tweaks and compared. I'm using the one that aligns with sbsettings. I don't have that jittery issue u mentioned before when scrolling in the settings app. My phone is like butter man, I love it. I'm assuming its because of all the little things I do to it.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,778 Times in 6,873 Posts

How can one rip off themselves? Check the author of batterydoctor in cydia and in the app store, both are Kingsoft. Same developer for both. He obviously made an app store one for the masses and a more deeply functional one for jailbreakers.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-07-2013), Krima (03-07-2013), Pinoy (03-07-2013), The.Drifter (03-07-2013), wkroberta (03-08-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    How can one rip off themselves? Check the author of batterydoctor in cydia and in the app store, both are Kingsoft. Same developer for both. He obviously made an app store one for the masses and a more deeply functional one for jailbreakers.

Ha Ha!

Very good catch Simon. Well that makes most of that rant quite moot!

Thanks for the sticky too!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Pinoy (03-07-2013), Simon (03-07-2013)

Thanks

Look at u Simon. U r on fire today with the helpful information. Well I guess this settles that argument. No one stole from anyone and now every family has food on the table. How cool of that guy to release that awesome tweak for free for the community. I need to send him a Zhōnggu pjiǔ for his troubles. Thanks Simon.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-07-2013), Pinoy (03-07-2013), Simon (03-07-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 14,778 Times in 6,873 Posts

Proof
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1362697857.709474.jpg
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1362697870.373758.jpg

Lol, those bastards! How dare they use their own icon twice lol

Ha Ha!

Very good catch Simon. Well that makes most of that rant quite moot!

Thanks for the sticky too!
    No prob, was definitely worth being stuck

Thanks

Thats a mute point Simon. As I'm sure we will soon find out.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

Simon (03-07-2013)

Thanks

Calm down Simon. No need to twist the knife and show us why u r the most rational person in here. Geeze some people just like to rub it in your face. Lol

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-07-2013)