+ Reply
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Springtomize 2 Gets iOS 6 Support, New Features, Free Upgrade for Existing Owners

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by NewdestinyX Will do. Strange. There's an AppStore app with the EXACT same name. And I have it. EDITED: Can't find it guys - under that spelling in
...
  1. #141
    Full Moon Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    3,094
    Thanks
    3,968
    Thanked 7,706 Times in 2,415 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Will do. Strange. There's an AppStore app with the EXACT same name. And I have it.

    EDITED: Can't find it guys - under that spelling in Cydia. Can you give me exact spelling? That exact spelling you gave there finds me an AppStore app - that came highly recommended. But not a Cydia one.
    Yeah it's more than a battery app. It's a tweak with great and useful features. You are going to thank me so long and hard when u start to use this tweak.

    The tweak doesn't call when searched in Cydia. May have something to do with it natively being in Chinese I think. Just type batterydoctor with no space and it should be the first one to show up. Let me know what u think of it.

  2. #142
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,881
    Thanks
    4,216
    Thanked 9,021 Times in 4,527 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Yeah it's more than a battery app. It's a tweak with great and useful features. You are going to thank me so long and hard when u start to use this tweak.

    The tweak doesn't call when searched in Cydia. May have something to do with it natively being in Chinese I think. Just type batterydoctor with no space and it should be the first one to show up. Let me know what u think of it.
    LOL!!! Okay -- the 'Chinese angle'. Never had to do a search like that before. But I hate to tell you, Krima. It's a Chinese rip of the APP store app. All the functions are identical - even some of the GUI windows are ripped directly from the AppStore one. I guess you've never seen the App Store one. This is the stuff we hear about on the news all the time. Our intellectual property rights being stolen by China all the time. Though you may not want to spend the $ on the app store app to 'verify my allegation', I assure you, it's a ripoff.

    So the more important question is - WHAT aspects of BatteryDrPro are things you like. I've torn the thing appart for several weeks and love a lot of it - but I'm not sure what it offers me in terms of 'running leaner' applications. Englighten me - and then I'll use the 'American' counterpart. LOL!!

    EDITED: I WILL say - that our Chinese 'borrowers' HAVE added some functionality over the App Store version. I really DO like the Notification Center layout of toggles and all the rest. Wish it were themeable like NCSettings. And really nice to have the AppSwitcher in the Notification Center too. I wonder if ITS implementation of Respring kills battery stats. Or if it's cleaner..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-07-2013 at 02:35 PM.

  3. #143
    Full Moon Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    3,094
    Thanks
    3,968
    Thanked 7,706 Times in 2,415 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    LOL!!! Okay -- the 'Chinese angle'. Never had to do a search like that before. But I hate to tell you, Krima. It's a Chinese rip of the APP store app. All the functions are identical - even some of the GUI windows are ripped directly from the AppStore one. I guess you've never seen the App Store one. This is the stuff we hear about on the news all the time. Our intellectual property rights being stolen by China all the time. Though you may not want to spend the $ on the app store app to 'verify my allegation', I assure you, it's a ripoff.

    So the more important question is - WHAT aspects of BatteryDrPro are things you like. I've torn the thing appart for several weeks and love a lot of it - but I'm not sure what it offers me in terms of 'running leaner' applications. Englighten me - and then I'll use the 'American' counterpart. LOL!!
    Well first of all this is more of a tweak than an app like the one in the AppStore. Secondly, this has NC toggles and battery saving presets. So lets say u r indoor and u r connected to your wifi and u don't need LTE which can drain your battery. With the touch of a button u can turn on and off the settings u don't need to help with your battery. Plus, you wouldn't need NC settings or sbcenter. Also, this tweak has native auxo support in the NC plus a task clear button. U don't need to launch the app like u have to do for "your" version to access these features. Are u enlightened now?
    Last edited by Krima; 03-07-2013 at 02:45 PM.

  4. #144
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,881
    Thanks
    4,216
    Thanked 9,021 Times in 4,527 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Well first of all this is more of a tweak than an app like the one in the AppStore. Secondly, this has NC toggles and battery saving presets. So lets say u r indoor and u r connected to your wifi and u don't need LTE which can drain your battery. With the touch of a button u can turn on and off the settings u don't need to help with your battery. Plus, you wouldn't need NC settings or sbcenter. Also, this tweak has native auxo support in the NC plus a task clear button. U don't need to launch the app like u have to do for "your" version to access these features. Are u enlightened now?
    You didn't read my edited post. Yes, nice NC implementation to be sure. Nice find. On principle I'm struggling with supporting the Chinese direct steal thing. (Even the App icon is a direct port of the image from the AppStore one). But I'm glad to know about it!! Thx!!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  5. #145
    Mod Samurai Pinoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,645
    Thanks
    8,691
    Thanked 13,795 Times in 3,028 Posts

    Grant, the name is the same. As well as the icon. Nothing else about it is. Its dubbed version 2 i believe as in a upgrade. None of the inner working code or graphics are the same. Thats the best app I've loaded in some time. Whoever the Chinese author is is a genius. So happy Krima told me about that. I replaced 3 apps/tweaks total with that one.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (03-07-2013)

  7. #146
    Full Moon Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    3,094
    Thanks
    3,968
    Thanked 7,706 Times in 2,415 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    You didn't read my edited post. Yes, nice NC implementation to be sure. Nice find. On principle I'm struggling with supporting the Chinese direct steal thing. (Even the App icon is a direct port of the image from the AppStore one). But I'm glad to know about it!! Thx!!
    How is downloading the "free" tweak supporting the Chinese? I didn't see your edited post because u posted too quickly and judged the tweak before knowing all the features. I thought u would spend a few hours understanding it before quickly posting your disapproval of the Chinese ripoff. If you r going to have an opinion about something try to spend more than a few minutes with it. Use it, caress it, and get a good feel for it and when u have looked into "all" the features, then u can make an informed opinion. Just a thought.

  8. #147
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,881
    Thanks
    4,216
    Thanked 9,021 Times in 4,527 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    How is downloading the "free" tweak supporting the Chinese? I didn't see your edited post because u posted too quickly and judged the tweak before knowing all the features. I thought u would spend a few hours understanding it before quickly posting your disapproval of the Chinese ripoff. If you r going to have an opinion about something try to spend more than a few minutes with it. Use it, caress it, and get a good feel for it and when u have looked into "all" the features, then u can make an informed opinion. Just a thought.
    I do.. I am. But it being useful doesn't change the morality of it being ripped off. Even some of the NC stuff is also in the App Store one now that I poke around some more. You know how I feel about the rip off/pirating issue (they're the same thing to me). If the Chinese app had simply released the NC enhancements it would be wildly popular and I'd spend $ on it. Didn't mean any insult bro. Just identifying as 'Ripped off' something that is. That's all.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-07-2013 at 03:08 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    Krima (03-07-2013)

  10. #148
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,328
    Thanks
    41,350
    Thanked 17,455 Times in 6,381 Posts

    Hold on! Gotta get popcorn!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  11. #149
    Mod Samurai Pinoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,645
    Thanks
    8,691
    Thanked 13,795 Times in 3,028 Posts

    Its not ripped off Grant. You are wrong. You know I know the ins and outs of the Appstore version. I recommended it to you. I think they used the icon as if to say this is a upgraded version of what the AppStore version could be. It has none of the same function whatsoever. In fact the AppStore version has no function. its readings. If not for the name and icon(which you will change anyway) you would have made no connection between the two in any way shape or form.
    Last edited by Pinoy; 03-07-2013 at 03:13 PM.

  12. #150
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,881
    Thanks
    4,216
    Thanked 9,021 Times in 4,527 Posts

    But I will admit - VERY cool NC implementation tweak. They should separate that out of the ripped off battery GUI portion.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  13. #151
    Full Moon Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    3,094
    Thanks
    3,968
    Thanked 7,706 Times in 2,415 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I do.. I am. But it being useful doesn't change the morality of it being ripped off. Even some of the NC stuff is in the App Store one now that I poke around some more. You know how I feel about the rip off/pirating issue (they're the same thing to me). If the Chinese app had simply released the NC enhancements it would be wildly popular and I'd spend $ on it. Didn't mean any insult bro. Just identifying as 'Ripped off' something that is. That's all.
    Don't misunderstand I didn't take offense at all I was just inquiring as to how u arrived at that conclusion. I guess I just disagree. So u feel like nc settings ripped sbsettings and auxo ripped both of them with their toggles? Everyone draws inspiration from one source or another is how I look at it. I just feel this tweak is well executed with practical applications built into it. If they charged then I would agree but they don't so they haven't "ripped" anyone off from a monetary standpoint.

  14. #152
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,881
    Thanks
    4,216
    Thanked 9,021 Times in 4,527 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    Its not ripped off Grant. You are wrong. You know i know the ins and outs of the Appstore version. I recommended it to you. I think they used the icon as if to say this is a upgraded version of what the AppStore version could be. It has none of the same function whatsoever. If not for the name and icon(which you will change anyway) you would have made no connection between the two in any way shape or form.
    Sorry to disagree, Pinoy. Not fully. The NC stuff is unique. Fair enuff. But the battery GUI is almost a page for page rip off. The Chinese do this all the time to us. But I love the NC Stuff. I will likely use it - begrudgingly..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  15. #153
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,328
    Thanks
    41,350
    Thanked 17,455 Times in 6,381 Posts

    Now I need a drink too!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  16. #154
    Full Moon Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    3,094
    Thanks
    3,968
    Thanked 7,706 Times in 2,415 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Hold on! Gotta get popcorn!
    Haha. There u r buddy. I have been trying to draw u out all day. Where have u been and have u enjoyed the show thus far?

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (03-07-2013)

  18. #155
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,881
    Thanks
    4,216
    Thanked 9,021 Times in 4,527 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Don't misunderstand I didn't take offense at all I was just inquiring as to how u arrived at that conclusion. I guess I just disagree. So u feel like nc settings ripped sbsettings and auxo ripped both of them with their toggles? Everyone draws inspiration from one source or another is how I look at it. I just feel this tweak is well executed with practical applications built into it.
    Fair argument, Krima. I concede that point, bro.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-07-2013 at 03:19 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  19. #156
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,328
    Thanks
    41,350
    Thanked 17,455 Times in 6,381 Posts

    Ohhh, a box if skittles and I'm good to go!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  20. #157
    Full Moon Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    3,094
    Thanks
    3,968
    Thanked 7,706 Times in 2,415 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Fair argument, Krima. I concede that point, bro.
    This is a moral victory for me. Dude, u and I have come a long way. Great discussion. Now if only we can figure out all this "pre" business and we would be golden. Lol.

    Dammit I responded too quickly. U through in that last jab about it being a rip off. I thought this was the point u were conceding. Oh well, back to the drawing board. My comment was from a monetary standpoint which is factually accurate I think. I wasn't trying to make an argument from a different perspective I was making a factual statement which usually can't be refuted.
    Last edited by Krima; 03-07-2013 at 03:21 PM.

  21. #158
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,881
    Thanks
    4,216
    Thanked 9,021 Times in 4,527 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    This is a moral victory for me. Dude, u and I have come a long way. Great discussion.
    Hold on.. Only the top 2/3 of your point do I concede. You posted before my edit.
    If they charged then I would agree but they don't so they haven't "ripped" anyone off from a monetary standpoint.
    That's a splitting hairs argument. Rip off is rip off whether $ changes hands or not.
    Now if only we can figure out all this "pre" business and we would be golden. Lol.
    As I told Gunny. Junior High English. Pre- can also mean DONE BEFOREHAND

    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    I wasn't trying to make an argument from a different perspective I was making a factual statement which usually can't be refuted.
    IF it were factual it could be irrefutable. But we're talking about moral relativism here. Facts have nothing to do with that, bro. It's ALL perception.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-07-2013 at 03:24 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  22. #159
    Mod Samurai Pinoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,645
    Thanks
    8,691
    Thanked 13,795 Times in 3,028 Posts

    I will leave it alone. You want ways as to why me and Krimas phone Ram reads 867mb and has fantastic battery? Heres one of them. Don't use it. The battery in the appstore app is the native battery on the iphone. As far as the GUI. Did you just learn that term and were looking for a place to implement it? The graphical interface might have small similarities just as the battery image does to apples. Disregard that. One functions and one doesn't. The AppStore is no more than a readout! It has ZERO function. This has dozens of functions. The fact that its released for free dismisses the accusation that the Chinese are benefiting from the AppStore version. In fact the AppStore author should be ashamed that he has a paid version and this is free. You could no question ruin a wet dream. You would argue with Jesus himself if you had the chance. Just tell that man thank you or STFU! Go argue with somebody not trying to help you. I can assure you all help towards you will cease abruptly based on this nonsense.

  23. #160
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,881
    Thanks
    4,216
    Thanked 9,021 Times in 4,527 Posts

    When I unlock before the end of my contract - and use a prepaid SIM in Europe averting ATT $1.29/min. Am I, in FACT, stealing from them? Yes. Can I perceive it as NO?? Sure. In a morally relativistic context - you betcha.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    I will leave it alone. You want ways as to why me and Krimas phone Ram reads 867mb and has fantastic battery? Heres one of them. Don't use it. The battery in the appstore app is the native battery on the iphone. As far as the GUI. Did you just learn that term and were looking for a place to implement it? The graphical interface might have small similarities just as the battery image does to apples. Disregard that. One functions and one doesn't. The AppStore is no more than a readout! It has ZERO function. This has dozens of functions. The fact that its released for free dismisses the accusation that the Chinese are benefiting from the AppStore version. In fact the AppStore author should be ashamed that he has a paid version and this is free. You could no question ruin a wet dream. You would argue with Jesus himself if you had the chance. Just tell that man thank you or STFU! Go argue with somebody not trying to help you. I can assure you all help towards you will cease abruptly based on this nonsense.
    You're making this larger than it is. Or -- maybe I AM.. Now that I think of it. The Chinese rip off thing of intellectual property takes food off MY family's table weekly, Pinoy. Don't preach to me, bro. Maybe it doesn't affect your life. It does mine. Maybe, in this context, I'm letting it blow up too large - but walk a mile in my shoes for a minute and you'd come off the condescending crap, bro. I've already acknowledged in 2 posts that it was a nice find and distinct from the App Store one. I think you fired this off without reading the follow up comments.

    Peace.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-07-2013 at 03:33 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

+ Reply
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts