+ Reply
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Springtomize 2 Gets iOS 6 Support, New Features, Free Upgrade for Existing Owners

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Krima Hell yeah that's what matters. I love this forum there is so much bravado going on. This is my only forum I have ever really been
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,590 Times in 6,425 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Hell yeah that's what matters. I love this forum there is so much bravado going on. This is my only forum I have ever really been apart of so I don't know if this is the norm or if modmyi just brings it out of people. Either way this place is fun.
    I peruse a few other forums, but this is the one I spend 95% of my time at. I don't see this go on at others, but I usually go there for specific themes.

Maybe it's just me that causes all this?

Nahhh, can't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    I just mean stock brother. Im Pretty happy with it. It's lightning fast. (Got 48 hrs ago)

Ya I agree. Should I restore on comp? I did OTA to get to 6.1! Will that mess with my ability to downgrade in the future FWs?
    Yeah, if you want to be clean and leave a chance of downgrade according to the 5.1.1 rules, then download your ipsw and do a DFU restore. It is the only way to wipe the phone and get a full OS install without the delta patches.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 02-03-2013 at 11:03 PM.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Pinoy (02-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,725 Times in 2,420 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I peruse a few other forums, but this is the one I spend 95% of my time at. I don't see this go on at others, but I usually go there for specific themes.

Nahhh, can't be.
    Your my inspiration my friend. Im trying to get into the game to compete but u cast a mighty big shadow. But I believe with hard work and strong faith I can make it happen.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,795 Times in 3,028 Posts

Hell yeah that's what matters. I love this forum there is so much bravado. This is my only forum I have ever really been apart of so I don't know if this is the norm or if modmyi just brings it out of people. Either way this place is fun.
    Think of this place a a dysfunctional family. A lot like my own in real life. Lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-03-2013)

Thanks

Your my inspiration my friend. Im trying to get into the game to compete but u cast a mighty big shadow. But I believe with hard work and strong faith I can make it happen.
    Thanks, I think.

I've been told similar before.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post

Nahhh, can't be.

Yeah, if you want to be clean and leave a chance of downgrade according to the 5.1.1 rules, then download your ipsw and do a DFU restore. It is the only way to wipe the phone and get a full OS install without the delta patches.
    Ok, I'm on it. Will do in morning. Thank you.

Thanks

Ok, I'm on it. Will do in morning. Thank you.
    No problem bro. Feel free to let me know if you run into an issue, but I have the feeling you will be just fine. Just make sure that you are in DFU!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Pinoy (02-03-2013)

Thanks

Ya no doubt. Have good night fellas. Gonna go cuddle these little boys of mine. See y'all tomorrow. Should be a fun day.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-03-2013)

Thanks

Ya bro, king out !

13. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Pinoy (02-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,725 Times in 2,420 Posts

Have a good one Pinoy. At 94% right now. Kinda pissed that I will be at school all morning and work all night. Can't get on this jailbreak till late mañana. See y'all then.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-03-2013), Pinoy (02-03-2013)

Thanks

Have a good one Pinoy. At 94% right now. Kinda pissed that I will be at school all morning and work all night. Can't get on this jailbreak till late mañana. See y'all then.
    Peace brudda.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-03-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Was hoping someone could help me. I installed this today after jailbreaking (iPhone 5 GSM, 6.1 iOS) and after it restarted the springboard, it refuses to boot normally. It only will boot in to Safe Mode now. Respringing, restarting, rebooting, reinstalling...nothing helps. Any ideas? If there is a forum for official support I should go to can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks

Update: I guess it had retained some of the settings from my previous installation somehow. Once I went in to each category and turned all options off and resprung, it booted normally. Now I will go in and turn on the options I want on one by one until I find the culprit.
    Last edited by sooner_ou; 02-05-2013 at 12:49 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 495 Posts

On Ip5 with 6.1 I installed springtomize2 using the 10 icon dock,it would scroll like it should but now it quit. It did quit after I put on iconoclasm so I removed iconoclasm and dock will not scroll. Any thoughts as to what I may have done?And how to fix it?

Thanks;HIP5

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

King is correct about how the OS handles the ram. Destiny you are correct also about it being in optimal operating status having less ram being consumed by suspended apps etc. I'm a ram whore also. This was more of an issue for me on older devices. Since the 4s it seems it can handle it and still operate well enough. I still clear mine out though. Something about seeing 300mb+ of ram on my statusbar makes me feel better. I've removed language packs and dameons also to add more ram. Destiny just get one of the several app killers in cydia. Then clear processes in SB settings. (tap on it) that shows you what is actually occupying space and squeezes ram out of it. Usually brings my ram up to 325mb. Then the process begins again. To keep it optimal you'll need to clear processes as it gets full. I've actually come to do it everyday. Just takes a second.
    Pinoy, how do you remove language packs ? Via iFile ? interesting read between Anthony, Hill and Destiny and now you

Elizabeth

21. The Following User Says Thank You to lizzy954 For This Useful Post:

Pinoy (02-05-2013)

Thanks

This has been around for a while. I can't remember where I've seen it, but if you do a google search, it should be an easy find.

Glad we could entertain you

23. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Pinoy (02-05-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lizzy954 View Post
    Pinoy, how do you remove language packs ? Via iFile ? interesting read between Anthony, Hill and Destiny and now you
    KnightWing had posted a great little article a ways back with links to tools etc. Was a while ago. Probably best to contact him through PM. Thread might still be up. It's very case sensitive with dameons etc.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SAVAGE5's Avatar
    Thanks

So what you're telling me is RAM doesn't need to be maintained on an iPhone 5?
    Last edited by SAVAGE5; 02-06-2013 at 04:45 AM.
    i5-

Long time reader. I don't care if you have 1 million post.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Don't understand what ya asking sorry

iPhone? More like MyPhone SAVAGE5's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Don't understand what ya asking sorry
    SBSettings has a process kill function, and using Auxo you can kill all multitasking. Is this the same function? Am I gaining from doing either on the iPhone 5 due to 1GB ram or am I taking away from it?
    i5-

Long time reader. I don't care if you have 1 million post.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,070 Times in 4,562 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SAVAGE5 View Post
    SBSettings has a process kill function, and using Auxo you can kill all multitasking. Is this the same function? Am I gaining from doing either on the iPhone 5 due to 1GB ram or am I taking away from it?
    Since Multitasking was added by Apple a while back, the 'tech specs computer pros' on our forum will tell you "RAM overhead is no longer a worry. Dynamic allocation of RAM by iOS will always keep your phone zippy at any level of RAM leftover." While I respect that "opinion ", and it is based on Apple's specs, it doesn't bear out in the real world. As my RAM got lower on 4 and 4S my phone got slower responding. Very provable by thousands of us reporting it all over the blogosphere.,

But with 1GB of RAM you should never be able to get the RAM low enough to cause any trouble. So the APP SWITCHER kill tweaks aren't really useful anymore except for those of us who are kinda OCD about seeing as much free RAM as possible.. Lol!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

SAVAGE5 (02-06-2013)

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SAVAGE5 View Post
    Yes I think this is. Sbsettings I think will kill ya processes. Audio just kills what's running in background. May be a little bit of a different.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

SAVAGE5 (02-06-2013)

+ Reply
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast