Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Springtomize 2 Gets iOS 6 Support, New Features, Free Upgrade for Existing Owners

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Ahh I see we all here have no clue but you know the real facts. I guess your wrong too Anthony.
    We're just coming at it from different angles. Suspended state often brings the RAM dangerously low - moreso in JB'ed phones than stock. That's where I've experienced the biggest problems with this issue. I'm hoping the 1GB of RAM makes the issue moot. Then I'll gladly keep the multitask function on. JB'ed on a 4S, running the tweaks I like/need, it was killing my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    He's right.

If the app is suspended in the background and you open the app from the springboard rather than the task switcher, it's the same execution.
    Thats not what I was pushing back on, Anthony.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Y u no clarify?!

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,209 Times in 6,601 Posts

We're just coming at it from different angles. Suspended state often brings the RAM dangerously low - moreso in JB'ed phones than stock. That's where I've experienced the biggest problems with this issue. I'm hoping the 1GB of RAM makes the issue moot. Then I'll gladly keep the multitask function on. JB'ed on a 4S, running the tweaks I like/need, it was killing my phone.
    when the ram runs low, iOS automatically starts shutting apps down to free up required ram. This is the absolute beauty of iOS.

I think he was taking more offense that I stated that he may not know how is phone works.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Y u no clarify?!
    ]
    I was pushing back on this snide comment of King's
    You really don't understand how your phone works do you
    He's in a bad mood tonite - having to tell all the JB happy people to be patient.. Lol!!!

Thanks

I was pushing back on this snide comment of King's

He's in a bad mood tonite - having to tell all the JB happy people to be patient.. Lol!!!
    I am disappointed that SF lost tonight, but that still doesn't change the fact that you don't let your phone handle memory the way it was designed and that you think you know better.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

when the ram runs low, iOS automatically starts shutting apps down to free up required ram. This is the absolute beauty of iOS.
    AND its weakness, King! What you don't realize is that just like OSX, iOS runs smoother with some RAM headroom. The low line for RAM, especially after JB for some reason is too low to keep the phone snappy. I've seen the RAM get down to 15MB with MultiTask on. The phone runs more slowly at that level. There are even tools to watch the efficiency of processes when the RAM is that low. It's not good.

Thanks

AND its weakness, King! What you don't realize is that just like OSX, iOS runs smoother with some RAM headroom. The low line for RAM, especially after JB for some reason is too low to keep the phone snappy. I've seen the RAM get down to 15MB with MultiTask on. The phone runs more slowly at that level. There are even tools to watch the efficiency of processes when the RAM is that low. It's not good.
    So what damage has this caused to one of your devices?

Those iPhones and iPads at the Apple Store, you know people just open apps and leave it, every app on the device is open and the devices run as smoothly as butter melting down a hill.

Your both right on this one. I've grown to enjoy your guys banter. Lol

Thanks

Those iPhones and iPads at the Apple Store, you know people just open apps and leave it, every app on the device is open and the devices run as smoothly as butter melting down a hill.
    I would agree with this 100%. I myself have 9 devices, all with JB and never have a complaint. Believe me my family would tell me if something wasn't working correctly.

So what damage has this caused to one of your devices?
    Dont change the subject, King. That's a tactic you use when you're losing a debate. . I never said it's damaged my phone. I said many apps in RAM or suspended add to slowing of the phone. They just do. It's very noticeable. Anyone can observe it on a JB phone. Less on stock, which of course, is why the creators of Springtomize created a way to turn off MT.

Thanks

It's not good.
    When you say this, I thought that something bad would happen. If its not good, then doesn't that mean it is bad. If it is bad, then what is bad???

On stock it's less notable, Anthony. I agree. The whole reason Springtomize added the turning off of MT was for the jail broken scenario - I believe. We aren't talking stock phones here though I would disagree with you that there's ZERO slowing when the app switcher's full. Why do you think clearing the app switcher is a well known way to get 'headroom' on your phone back though Skull/Orby would tell you - part of that is mythical too. Lest we digress.

On stock it's less notable, Anthony. I agree. The whole reason Springtomize added the turning off of MT was for the jail broken scenario - I believe. We aren't talking stock phones here though I would disagree with you that there's ZERO slowing when the app switcher's full. Why do you think clearing the app switcher is a well known way to get 'headroom' on your phone back though Skull/Orby would tell you - part of that is mythical too. Lest we digress.
    I disagree that the jailbreak has anything to do with it. Need I get Ryan Petrich involved in this one?

Thanks

Worrying about available ram is an old school thing that has been passed along with no basis on iOS.

I disagree that the jailbreak has anything to do with it. Need I get Ryan Petrich involved in this one?
    Yes, it would be very nice to hear from him on this.

I would agree with this 100%. I myself have 9 devices, all with JB and never have a complaint. Believe me my family would tell me if something wasn't working correctly.
    We all set up our JB phones differently, right, King? You and your kids use different tweaks according to our needs. When my 4S was loaded with the tweaks I "need" my RAM with the app switcher empty, right after a respring, was 140-167 MB. Open a few apps and it gets down to around 19 to 23MB.. Phone starts runnin slow. "Not good"...

I think we would both agree that on iPhone 5, now with 1GB of RAM, this might be a moot point.

King is correct about how the OS handles the ram. Destiny you are correct also about it being in optimal operating status having less ram being consumed by suspended apps etc. I'm a ram whore also. This was more of an issue for me on older devices. Since the 4s it seems it can handle it and still operate well enough. I still clear mine out though. Something about seeing 300mb+ of ram on my statusbar makes me feel better. I've removed language packs and dameons also to add more ram. Destiny just get one of the several app killers in cydia. Then clear processes in SB settings. (tap on it) that shows you what is actually occupying space and squeezes ram out of it. Usually brings my ram up to 325mb. Then the process begins again. To keep it optimal you'll need to clear processes as it gets full. I've actually come to do it everyday. Just takes a second.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (02-03-2013)

Thanks

We all set up our JB phones differently, right, King? You and your kids use different tweaks according to our needs. When my 4S was loaded with the tweaks I "need" my RAM with the app switcher empty, right after a respring, was 140-167 MB. Open a few apps and it gets down to around 19 to 23MB.. Phone starts runnin slow. "Not good"...

I think we would both agree that on iPhone 5, now with 1GB of RAM, this might be a moot point.
    What is not good about it? Just because you can see a low number and think it needs to be larger for what reason?

Bring on your experts!! I've read a lot on this topic and they don't always agree. Lol!
    Bring it on!

Worrying about available ram is an old school thing that has been passed along with no basis on iOS.
    You're wrong. Read Pinoy. He gets it.

What is not good about it? Just because you can see a low number and think it needs to be larger for what reason?
    Efficiency of operation. It's you who needs to read up on this stuff, King. Sorry, bro.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-03-2013 at 09:52 PM.

Thanks

Bring on your experts!! I've read a lot on this topic and they don't always agree. Lol!
    Bring it on!

You're wrong. Read Pinoy. He gets it.

Efficiency of operation. It's you who needs to read up on this stuff, King. Sorry, bro.
    Sorry, but Pinoy suffers from the old school thinking also that you need all this extra ram to be efficient. Sorry bud.

I don't need to do reading, I have and I fully understand how it works. Try reading the apple specs on this and you will be amazed.

Telling me that I am wrong just to say that I am wrong is childish. I am going by what the specs are for apple not what I think. How could I make this up.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast