Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Springtomize 2 Gets iOS 6 Support, New Features, Free Upgrade for Existing Owners

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Filippo was developing for iOS 5.1.1. Not iOS 5.0.1. This is the reason we always recommend to get to the latest jailbreakable firmware before jailbreaking. Compatibility, compatibility, and compatibility.

If you're going to jailbreak tomorrow, I suggest you go to iOS 6.1 and not iOS 6.0/iOS 6.0.1/iOS 6.0.2.
    I'm well aware of that, but it didn't state it would no longer work. Thus was my point, it worked before the update and the description simply states iOS5 & 6. It was said to help people who are still at that firmware since it wasn't stated, as for upgrading, that was obvious, I guess thanks anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    You obviously have no clue how iOS handles RAM. Maybe Simon or Suby will explain it, I'm tired of explaining it.
    Actually I've done more reading on this topic than a lot of others and there's a guru over at iPF.net that's a real expert. Love to hear what Subby can say.

But I found the switch in Springtomize to turn off MultiTasking on my 4S and it worked exactly as I just described in my last post. So I must know more than you think! .. As soon as I turned off multitasking the AppSwitcher is disabled. Now when I launch an app - as I look at my RAM indicator in the status bar it drops by anywhere from 20-50MB.. As soon as I hit the home button - the RAM, within 2 seconds goes back up by the same amount as it dropped while the app is open. So my hope has been realized about how this ability of Springtomize can work! I'm excited!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,286 Times in 7,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Actually I've done more reading on this topic than a lot of others and there's a guru over at iPF.net that's a real expert. Love to hear what Subby can say.
    What would someone at iPeeFreely.net know about iPhones? Lol jk jk

But I found the switch in Springtomize to turn off MultiTasking on my 4S and it worked exactly as I just described in my last post. So I must know more than you think! .. As soon as I turned off multitasking the AppSwitcher is disabled. Now when I launch an app - as I look at my RAM indicator in the status bar it drops by anywhere from 20-50MB.. As soon as I hit the home button - the RAM, within 2 seconds goes back up by the same amount as it dropped while the app is open. So my hope has been realized about how this ability of Springtomize can work! I'm excited!
    So what you're saying is you like your apps opening slower?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    What would someone at iPeeFreely.net know about iPhones? Lol jk jk
    His name is SkullOne, dude. He can hang with Orby, topic per topic. But we don't need anything from over there. I know that now.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,981 Times in 6,537 Posts

Simon and I agree 100% on this. This is one of the reasons that I switched to a iPhone. While your watching and worrying about your ram, I'm doing the things I want and letting the OS handle it like it was designed to.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

His name is SkullOne, dude. He can hang with Orby, topic per topic. But we don't need anything from over there. I know that now.
    Maybe they are the same person

So what you're saying is you like your apps opening slower?
    I like ONLY the app I'm working on to be loaded in RAM at a given time. Not the last 10 things I've opened. With a jailbreak phone you're always running low on RAM (well at least with only 512 - iP5 has 1GB). So I'm just wanting to minimize the App switcher ram hog thing.

Orby != Skulls

LOL

Thanks

Ram hog has no real meaning on an iPhone.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

I like ONLY the app I'm working on to be loaded in RAM at a given time. Not the last 10 things I've opened. With a jailbreak phone you're always running low on RAM (well at least with only 512 - iP5 has 1GB). So I'm just wanting to minimize the App switcher ram hog thing.
    What do you do when you want to copy fields from one app and paste them in another app, but you can't do it all at once? Multitasking is amazing.

If iOS didn't have automatic RAM management, then I would agree manual management was necessary... lol

Simon and I agree 100% on this. This is one of the reasons that I switched to a iPhone.
    Again no quoting, King. What the hell are you referring to, bro?! Please use quote button.
    EDIT: replied before I saw your post edit..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-03-2013 at 09:14 PM.

Thanks

Not having to wait for an app to continually load again and again is great for me. I jump from app to app a lot. Having the last few apps I used not have to reload is better for me than seeing a lower number at the top of my screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Orby != Skulls

LOL
    Lol

Really?? That would be amazing.. Skull's not a big fan of mine over there.. Haven't ever run into him here as Orby. Only heard Simon sing his praises.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-03-2013 at 09:16 PM.

Thanks

I thought we were disgussing the ram. Sorry that I confused you.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 02-03-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Not having to wait for an app to continually load again and again is great for me. I jump from app to app a lot. Having the last few apps I used not have to reload is better for me than seeing a lower number at the top of my screen.
    That's why we have icons on a springboard to click on, Simon. Launching the app switcher is more click strikes. Waste of time and adds more time to get to app than just relaunching from SB. App Switcher was a waste for me.

Thanks

That's why we have icons on a springboard to click on, Simon. Launching the app switcher is more click strikes. Waste of time and adds more time to get to app than just relaunching from SB. App Switcher was a waste for me.
    Even if you click on it from the springboard and it is loaded in the app switcher, it doesn't have to fully reload. It just picks up from its suspended state.

You really don't understand how your phone works do you?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (02-03-2013)

Even if you click on it from the springboard and it is loaded in the app switcher, it doesn't have to fully reload. It just picks up from its suspended state.

This is true.

jJust keep thinkin' that..... Lol!!

Thanks

Ahh I see we all here have no clue but you know the real facts. I guess your wrong too Anthony. Please explain to us what really happens then.

jJust keep thinkin' that..... Lol!!
    He's right.

If the app is suspended in the background and you open the app from the springboard rather than the task switcher, it's the same execution.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-03-2013)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast