+ Reply
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Springtomize 2 Gets iOS 6 Support, New Features, Free Upgrade for Existing Owners

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Cool. This whole time I just always assumed cellular data turned off would turn off your ability to make or receive phone calls. I wonder if this has always been
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,735 Times in 2,140 Posts

Cool. This whole time I just always assumed cellular data turned off would turn off your ability to make or receive phone calls. I wonder if this has always been or something new. I never had a reason to disable it or care about finding out but its always nice to learn something new about my sexy i5. God I love her.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,568 Times in 3,858 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Cool. This whole time I just always assumed cellular data turned off would turn off your ability to make or receive phone calls. I wonder if this has always been or something new. I never had a reason to disable it or care about finding out but its always nice to learn something new about my sexy i5. God I love her.
    So then you haven't been using the Indoor Outdoor presets function of BatteryDrPro? Or you disabled Indoor presets turning off of CellularData?- believing like I did that it would stop your calls?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 14,167 Times in 6,639 Posts

It's always been that way. The cellular tab is all about data in that part of settings. Before iOS 6 it was called network, same deal though. Only airplane mode will turn off your ability to make/receive calls.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (03-08-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    It's always been that way. The cellular tab is all about data in that part of settings. Before iOS 6 it was called network, same deal though. Only airplane mode will turn off your ability to make/receive calls.
    makes sense. Thanks Simon!

Thanks

No I haven't used the presets. I fooled around with the feature but never kept it on so I never tested to see if I could make calls.

Simon, makes sense that cellular data would be for "data". God I'm such a moron. I don't deserve an iPhone, sorry gang but now I must get an android. So long my mmi friends. It's been real and it's been fun but it hasn't been real fun.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    No I haven't used the presets. I fooled around with the feature but never kept it on so I never tested to see if I could make calls.
    How did u turn that feature OFF? One of them is always on.. There's no defeat button that I can see..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    How did u turn that feature OFF? One of them is always on.. There's no defeat button that I can see..
    It's presets that I just don't apply. My understanding is that one isn't always on without applying it. I may be wrong or maybe when u change one of the conditions it disables that preset. Let me know what u find.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (03-09-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,794 Times in 3,028 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    The preset auto turns off when you turn something on that is not on in the preset. For example I just set the day feature how i like it. (Wifi off) if I manually turn Wifi on it shuts the preset off. Then you need to re apply it. No need to have a disable.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

Krima (03-09-2013), NewdestinyX (03-09-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,116 Times in 5,493 Posts

FYI to turn off the ability to receive/place calls, you would have to turn off the cellular radio or in essence airplane mode.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Pinoy (03-09-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    The preset auto turns off when you turn something on that is not on in the preset. For example I just set the day feature how i like it. (Wifi off) if I manually turn Wifi on it shuts the preset off. Then you need to re apply it. No need to have a disable.
    Thanks man I thought this was probably the case. I'm just too lazy sometimes to test these things. I get too comfortable with my assumptions. Sometimes I'm right like with these presets and other times I'm wrong like the cellular data toggle.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Pinoy (03-09-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    Okay thanks guys. I'll try toggling it off that way.. But in the notification center it still shows that one of the presets is in place at all times. Doesn't make me confident that I can turn that feature off. :/

Thanks

I just discovered a little bug in Springtomize 2 (lets call it "SP2" for ease), at least in its interaction with the BackBoard by WyndWarrior, a tweak for saving your various theme setups.

Though I realize that BackBoard hasn't been updated since iOS 3 it has however worked through 4, 5 and 6 in terms of saving setups just fine. But after iOS 6 when you use any icon resizing on the springboard from within SP2 (the dock resizing in SP2 doesn't cause this), and save that set up in BackBoard, upon restoring that set up from BackBoard later after having been using another setup - the icons will scatter on to other pages. They won't scatter outside their folders but all icons and folders will scatter to pages to the right.

As long as you leave springboard icons at 100% with the icon resize switch set to off in SP2 all is fine when restoring setups from BackBoard. I've now tested this on a couple of phones and with a couple different set ups and it's a reproducible bug.

The workaround is to save all BackBoard set ups with the icons at 100%. And then when you restore that setup later you can resize the icons in one more step by going into SP2 AFTER you've restored the setup from Backboard.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 04-06-2013 at 03:14 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-06-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,116 Times in 5,493 Posts

Nice find Grant!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (04-06-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone jps1012's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have it set up to have no Icon names in my dock and recently they reappear randomly. Anyway to fix this (besides respring)? Thanks!

+ Reply
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112