Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The evasi0n Jailbreak Showing 85% Complete On Web Site, Testing Continues

Default The evasi0n Jailbreak Showing 85% Complete On Web Site, Testing Continues

The evasi0n Web site has been updated Sunday morning displaying an 85% completion status for the evasi0n jailbreak tool, which will be available for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux. The Web site says that the tool has gone through the first major round of testing on Mac and Windows, however it doesn’t make mention of Linux just yet. Additionally, the site says that the next step will be, you guessed it, testing even more device and firmware combinations with the jailbreak tool.

The updated site comes hours after iOS hacker planetbeing announced on Twitter that progress was made in testing and that there was still a lot more to go. MuscleNerd noted that there are 22 different variants of devices that need to be tested, and there are four different firmware versions that need to be tested with these different devices. On top of all this, there are three different tools, for the different computer operating systems, that have to be tested.

When released, evasi0n will support iOS 6.0, iOS 6.0.1, iOS 6.0.2, and iOS 6.1 for all of the devices that can run them, including Apple’s new iPhone 5, iPod touch 5G, iPad with retina display, and iPad Mini. The jailbreak will be untethered, and jailbreak tweaks have been receiving updates regularly for the past couple of days as developers rush to get their software compatible for the latest version of iOS in time for the imminent jailbreak.

For those of you waiting on the jailbreak, it doesn’t look like it’s going to be very far away. At 85% completion, it looks like it will definitely be out this week, if not later Sunday as hinted by MuscleNerd in one of his earlier Tweets. If your iOS device(s) are still not ready for the jailbreak, we recommend that you take a peek at our optional guide for getting your iOS device(s) ready, as it will help ensure that the jailbreak process goes smoothly for you.

We've also put together a list of ten great iOS 6-compatbile jailbreak tweaks that you should consider after you jailbreak your iOS 6 device(s). Major jailbreak tweaks like LockInfo, IntelliScreenX, and MyWi have also been updated. Stay turned!
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-03-2013 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Info added

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

LudaChris (02-03-2013), zedbra (02-03-2013)

Hopefully it's done soon

Looking forward to upgrade! Glad that ios6 is, indeed, jailbreakable.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

We gitting closer

It says 80% now. lol

Edit: Nvm forgot to hit refresh xD

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have doubts that it will come out today though

But the calendars on the devices on the evasi0n home page still point to today's date
    Last edited by babyydaveyy; 02-03-2013 at 10:21 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by babyydaveyy View Post

But the calendars on the devices on the evasi0n home page still point to today's date
    Today tomorrow middle of the week don't matter. I would like to git it with everything running good with no problems.

Thxs for releasing to us and % completion is really killing me, it's best when you waiting and you didn't know when it will be out😔😂

Thanks

its 16.35 where i live. i dont see it getting released before i go to work tomorrow....GUTTED

Wow, that's a lot of work. I hope they get a lot of donations for their troubles. At this point you'd think that they'd at least get a payout from Saurik, seeing how he makes a lot of money off the jailbreak.

Thanks

Can't wait saaaan

I haven't owned a jailbroken iDevice since 2008, so I'm getting really excited about this. Lots of people going to get my business on Cydia after this gets released that's for sure.

Any news on the future compatibility of Tether Me?

Thx, Rob

What if they released the jailbreak on kick off of the Super Bowl... That'd actually be pretty cool IMO

Quote Originally Posted by babyydaveyy View Post

the calendars do say 3, only it's actually Wednesday 3, and the next Wednesday 3 is on April.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicrowe View Post

Thx, Rob
    TetherMe supports iOS 6.

Quote Originally Posted by altoiddealer View Post
    Looking forward to upgrade! Glad that ios6 is, indeed, jailbreakable.
    Agreed! It was looking pretty Grim for a while...

Wish this worked for atv3 as well... But hey, beggars can't be choosers I guess. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wicrowe View Post

Thx, Rob
    The TetherMe devs say it's compatible with iOS 6, but there's a limit to Wifi support on certain devices.
    It's probably never yet been tested on an iPhone 5. Please be a good little guinea pig and let us know :-)

90% ... 94%... 97%... 98%... 99%...

Apple announces 6.1.1 in a week

99.9%....

evasi0n jailbreak postponed till after release of 6.1.1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast