+ Reply
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Planetbeing Announces Progress in Testing, Still A Lot More to Go

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Planetbeing has Saturday evening announced that testing is going well for the iOS 6 untethered jailbreak called evasi0n, however there is a lot more testing on different devices and firmware
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 808 Posts

Default Planetbeing Announces Progress in Testing, Still A Lot More to Go

Planetbeing has Saturday evening announced that testing is going well for the iOS 6 untethered jailbreak called evasi0n, however there is a lot more testing on different devices and firmware combinations that needs to still take place. Currently, the evasi0n Web site displays an 80% completion percentage, while private beta testing continues on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.

With over 22 different device variances that need to be tested, and four different iOS versions that these devices run that need to be tested, on top of three different tools for the operating systems that the tools will run on, there are a LOT of testing combinations that have to be done for the jailbreak to ensure that all the bugs have been hammered out in all possible cases.

After private beta testing is done, the Web site hints that an extended beta testing will take place. Private beta testing is assumed to occur between the evad3rs team themselves, as to prevent the jailbreak from being leaked early. It is still unknown what the extended beta testing will entail.

Planetbeing’s Tweet doesn’t rule out the possibility of a near-future release, however from the sound of things it doesn’t sound like it’s going to be coming on Sunday (tomorrow), as the rumor mill has been pointing to. This week seems much more likely.

In the mean time, you can get your iOS devices ready for the jailbreak with our short guide, and check out our list of recommended jailbreak tweaks for iOS 6; stay tuned!
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-02-2013 at 08:26 PM.

Thanks

Booooo. They always release on sundays. Hopefully it wont be another week....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

264 combinations if my calculations are correct.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLick View Post
    Did you include the fact that iOS 6.0.2 only runs on iPhone 5 and iPad Mini?

Thanks

Y wouldn't people just upgrade to 6.1? Who cares if it works on older iOS. #confused

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Titan3636 For This Useful Post:

Airwaves182 (02-02-2013), Silverado1987 (02-02-2013), vinaygoel2000 (02-02-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLick View Post
    I don't think sizes of the iPads count as variants since apples builds the same os on that specific device no matter what size it is. So your calculations are not correct.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Titan3636 View Post
    Y wouldn't people just upgrade to 6.1? Who cares if it works on older iOS. #confused
    You'd think people informed enough to jailbreak would be capable of realizing they should and can update

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    I don't think sizes of the iPads count as variants since apples builds the same os on that specific device no matter what size it is. So your calculations are not correct.
    They are indeed different devices, with separate firmwares. And this means they must be taken into consideration for testing.

iPhone? More like MyPhone WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
    Thanks

And the wait continues >.>

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    They are indeed different devices, with separate firmwares. And this means they must be taken into consideration for testing.
    You're wrong, my ipad 2 32gb uses the same firmware as my other 16gb ipad 2. Both of those ipad 2's are the old version. I just checked.

rcm
    Thanks

Ok I'm wondering something, why put up a website when there is still so much work instead of just waiting a day or two before the release?, I'm sorry but I just don't like the way this is going, getting our hopes up and then, the day before everyone thinks it's about to be released, telling us NO it's going to take a lot more time. They might as well take the page down and just wait until they are sure the jailbreak is coming.
    Last edited by rcm; 02-02-2013 at 08:51 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Titan3636 View Post
    Agreed. Idk why they would build the jailbreak to fit the old versions of 6. Wy not just test 6.1? And then push out an updated version of the jailbreak later on with the older versions included? I'm confused too

rcm
    Thanks

You're wrong, my ipad 2 32gb uses the same firmware as my other 16gb ipad 2. Both of those ipad 2's are the old version. I just checked.
    That's the same for the iPhones, it only changes depending on if it's 3g, 3gs, 4, 4s, or 5, but for all 3 models of each is just one firmware update, not one update for each one, if that were the case apple would go crazy having to put that many updates on the system.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Agreed. Idk why they would build the jailbreak to fit the old versions of 6. Wy not just test 6.1? And then push out an updated version of the jailbreak later on with the older versions included? I'm confused too
    Some people just want to sit where they are! Maybe the devs should say jailbreak will only work on 6.1 and save some work! But I'll rather wait and have a stable useable tool rather than be like last major jailbreak where we had repeated updates to the tool with in hours!

rcm
    Thanks

It's not about working on older OS, for each OS there is a jailbreak, it's about compatibility with older devices, but the oldest devices for IOS 6.1 is only the iPhone 3GS and iPad 1, and the real old is an old bootrom iPhone 3GS, which so far are the only ones that don't need to much work for an untethered jailbreak

Thanks

Oh you were talking about storage. When you said size, I thought you were referring to iPad Mini vs Full-size iPad.

We miscommunicated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    It's not about working on older OS, for each OS there is a jailbreak, it's about compatibility with older devices, but the oldest devices for IOS 6.1 is only the iPhone 3GS and iPad 1, and the real old is an old bootrom iPhone 3GS, which so far are the only ones that don't need to much work for an untethered jailbreak
    Ios6 doesn't run on the ipad 1.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,876 Times in 2,215 Posts

No he means iPad 2 (wifi), iPad 2 (gsm) iPad 2(CDMA), iPad 3 (wifi) iPad 3 (gsm) iPad 3(CDMA), iPad 4(wifi) iPad 4 (gsm) iPad 4(CDMA), and iPad mini(wifi) iPad mini(gsm), iPad mini(CDMA) along with 3GS iPhone 4(gsm), iPhone 4(CDMA), iPhone 4S(gsm), iPhone 4S (CDMA), iPhone 5 (gsm), iPhone 5(CDMA)
    Then you have 2-3 gens of iPod touches making 22 devices and different Ipsw's

Then you have all the different firmware versions+ 3 different computer os's. with each os having 1-3 different os versions.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

rcm
    Thanks

Ios6 doesn't run on the ipad 1.
    my bad, I don't have one so I don't pay attention to it, but that's 3 less devices in my list to check.

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,173 Times in 832 Posts

If we have to wait so what, it's better to have it work for everybody
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

Hedrush (02-03-2013), Jato_BZ (02-02-2013)

+ Reply
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast