+ Reply
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 207

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Planetbeing Announces Progress in Testing, Still A Lot More to Go

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by raduga Why not? lol! okay, make it personal then.
...
  1. #161
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA USA
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    Why not?
    lol! okay, make it personal then.
    Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

  2. #162
    Livin the i raduga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,631
    Thanks
    228
    Thanked 94 Times in 85 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gibabe View Post
    lol! okay, make it personal then.
    Thanks!
    I shall.

  3. #163
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA USA
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    Thanks!
    I shall.
    We needed some humor in this somber forum.

    I have an idea! Let's form a pool for guessing the day/time the jailbreak is released, everybody contributes a dollar and whoever comes closest wins the pool! Anthony, you can hold our money. :-)
    Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

  4. #164
    Full Moon Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    3,042
    Thanks
    3,858
    Thanked 7,524 Times in 2,377 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gibabe View Post
    We needed some humor in this somber forum.

    I have an idea! Let's form a pool for guessing the day/time the jailbreak is released, everybody contributes a dollar and whoever comes closest wins the pool! Anthony, you can hold our money. :-)
    Love this idea.

  5. #165
    Livin the i raduga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,631
    Thanks
    228
    Thanked 94 Times in 85 Posts

    Yesterday, just past Vespers

  6. #166
    iPhoneaholic bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    477
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 56 Times in 37 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gibabe View Post
    We needed some humor in this somber forum.

    I have an idea! Let's form a pool for guessing the day/time the jailbreak is released, everybody contributes a dollar and whoever comes closest wins the pool! Anthony, you can hold our money. :-)
    Ill save my $$ for the evad3rs but great idea!

  7. #167
    The Dude Abides mr117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    595
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 100 Times in 74 Posts

    Whine whine moan moan. And the joke is, when you DO get the jailbreak installed, Cydia will be so overwhelmed that you won't be able to dl anything. And most of what you finally DO get won't work until the devs update stuff. Calm down, breath slowly, be happy that there is finally going to be an untethered jb (I'm still running an i4 w/5.1.1 because of that, will get an i5 when the jb is released), and say only good things about a bunch of people who are taking their time and putting in their effort to do something nice for you (you sniveling little ingrates! ) for no money. And, remember, Apple will probably put out 6.1.1 soon to stop all of this from continuing. Enjoy the window of opportunity while you can. Oh, and NO ONE SAID it would be released today, so there's no point getting your panties in a bunch if it isn't.

    I may have to start running a stock phone, the infantilism of (some of) the jailbreaking community is starting to get to me.

  8. #168
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,039
    Thanks
    40,121
    Thanked 16,816 Times in 6,143 Posts

    Actually most tweaks have already been updated for 6.1, some will still need update and some may need additional work. Also Cydia is coming ore-loaded with repo info that is, according to Saurik, supposed to almost eliminate the Cydia lag.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    NewdestinyX (02-03-2013)

  10. #169
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA USA
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    I may have to start running a stock phone, the infantilism of (some of) the jailbreaking community is starting to get to me.
    Playing devils advocate here but "you" don't have to read the forums either.

    Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    Ill save my $$ for the evad3rs but great idea!
    Dude! It's only a dollar! And lighten up, the pool was just a feeble attempt to elicit a smile from all the sourpussesssss.
    Last edited by gibabe; 02-03-2013 at 01:48 PM.

  11. #170
    dsg
    dsg is online now
    Livin the iPhone Life dsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,809
    Thanks
    3,398
    Thanked 1,927 Times in 754 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    Whine whine moan moan. And the joke is, when you DO get the jailbreak installed, Cydia will be so overwhelmed that you won't be able to dl anything. And most of what you finally DO get won't work until the devs update stuff. Calm down, breath slowly, be happy that there is finally going to be an untethered jb (I'm still running an i4 w/5.1.1 because of that, will get an i5 when the jb is released), and say only good things about a bunch of people who are taking their time and putting in their effort to do something nice for you (you sniveling little ingrates! ) for no money. And, remember, Apple will probably put out 6.1.1 soon to stop all of this from continuing. Enjoy the window of opportunity while you can. Oh, and NO ONE SAID it would be released today, so there's no point getting your panties in a bunch if it isn't.

    I may have to start running a stock phone, the infantilism of (some of) the jailbreaking community is starting to get to me.
    you can still jailbreak, just avoid reading threads that annoy you
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

    look here all grammar police, indulge me.

  12. #171
    Livin the i raduga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,631
    Thanks
    228
    Thanked 94 Times in 85 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gibabe View Post
    Dude! It's only a dollar! And lighten up, the pool was just a feeble attempt to elicit a smile from all the sourpussesssss.
    or $0.99 in the AppStore

    In the meantime, the "h8ers" are being more productive than the non-hating crowd,
    like releasing an iOS6 and A5/A6 compatible blob extractor!

    iH8sn0w.com: iFaith v1.5

  13. #172
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,562
    Thanks
    3,933
    Thanked 8,705 Times in 4,396 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Actually most tweaks have already been updated for 6.1, some will still need update and some may need additional work. Also Cydia is coming ore-loaded with repo info that is, according to Saurik, supposed to almost eliminate the Cydia lag.
    It will eliminate likely the "early" lag of the packages downloading which takes quite some time over thousands of us grabbing for it. But mark my words, there will still be lots of lag in people downloading all of the tweaks at the same time. Even after my packages list downloaded fully, about 18 hours in to the jailbreak process, it still took another 30 hours for me to get some of the main tweaks I wanted to download for me without POSIX errors. So lets not get peoples hopes up too much that it simply going to be a breeze with Cydia this time. It likelywon't be. Saurik was only able to fix one aspect of the lag problem. The other one is sheer volume.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-03-2013 at 04:04 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  14. #173
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,039
    Thanks
    40,121
    Thanked 16,816 Times in 6,143 Posts

    I was only going by what Saurik had said on Reddit. But I guess you know better. I'm just not in that much of a hurry. My iph4s is running just fine and my iph5 is ready to go.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  15. #174
    rcm
    rcm is offline
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    205
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    OMG, so many comments about what I said, and so little about the article, i don't get it????

  16. #175
    iPhoneaholic sknet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    410
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    soon mate soon......
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1066377445.png

  17. #176
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA USA
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    OMG, so many comments about what I said, and so little about the article, i don't get it????
    it's cuz everyone is waiting for the jailbreak, they apparently don't like football and there's nothing else to focus on.

    How much for the blob extractor??
    Last edited by gibabe; 02-03-2013 at 02:58 PM.
    Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

  18. #177
    The Dude Abides mr117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    595
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 100 Times in 74 Posts

    Quick!!!! It's out!!!! Everyone rush over there and get it!!! Nowwwwww!!!!!

    (Nah, but I do like seeing them all scurry!)

    dsg: then what fun would that be (and thanks for all the help when the last untethered jb came out)?

    gibabe: for those of us that have been on these forums for a long time, it just seems like the quality of posts is devolving in a constant whine. There used to be a lot of helpful posts and community here. Now it just seems like a bunch of middle school kids saying
    "I wan it, I wan it."

  19. #178
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    Quick!!!! It's out!!!! Everyone rush over there and get it!!! Nowwwwww!!!!!

    (Nah, but I do like seeing them all scurry!)

    dsg: then what fun would that be (and thanks for all the help when the last untethered jb came out)?

    gibabe: for those of us that have been on these forums for a long time, it just seems like the quality of posts is devolving in a constant whine. There used to be a lot of helpful posts and community here. Now it just seems like a bunch of middle school kids saying
    "I wan it, I wan it."
    Haha, I read the first line and I was liek cause I just checked the site and then I read the rest I was like

  20. #179
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA USA
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    gibabe: for those of us that have been on these forums for a long time, it just seems like the quality of posts is devolving in a constant whine. There used to be a lot of helpful posts and community here. Now it just seems like a bunch of middle school kids saying
    "I wan it, I wan it."
    okay. I'll give you that. It's not fun coming to a favorite forum and having to weed through the whiny posts to get to something informative or worth discussing.
    Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

  21. #180
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    211
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    Quick!!!! It's out!!!! Everyone rush over there and get it!!! Nowwwwww!!!!!

    (Nah, but I do like seeing them all scurry!)

    dsg: then what fun would that be (and thanks for all the help when the last untethered jb came out)?

    gibabe: for those of us that have been on these forums for a long time, it just seems like the quality of posts is devolving in a constant whine. There used to be a lot of helpful posts and community here. Now it just seems like a bunch of middle school kids saying
    "I wan it, I wan it."
    Maybe because a bunch of them ARE middle school kiddies?
    Folks, what it comes down to is it comes out when it comes out. You don't like that fact feel free to develop your own jailbreak. Can't develop your own then deal with the fact that the dev's will release no version before they are comfortable with the fact that it won't trash phones and damage their reputations.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts