+ Reply
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 207

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Planetbeing Announces Progress in Testing, Still A Lot More to Go

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone If there were even the slightest chance 6.1 would not work on a portion of iPhones/firmware, I really doubt they would have said it was completely
...
  1. #141
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA USA
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    If there were even the slightest chance 6.1 would not work on a portion of iPhones/firmware, I really doubt they would have said it was completely safe to upgrade. They probably know the hardware/software like the back of their hands by now, probably know it better than Apples own security team knows it! If they say it is safe to upgrade, they KNOW it is fundamentally safe to upgrade for all devices, even if untested.
    Regardless of what you think they know, testing is testing, there are 22 devices with scores and scores of variations. And if you are following along, planetbeing did state yesterday that he encountered some unexpected issues which are impossible to anticipate and resolve in advance. However, if that is really how you feel then hopefully they'll quickly rush through the testing since they already "know" it's safe and you'll have it on the day expected.

  2. #142
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,577
    Thanks
    3,952
    Thanked 8,720 Times in 4,403 Posts

    Yeah.. let's remind ourselves of the Planetbeing quote from post 1.
    “@planetbeing: Good full day of testing. Found some weird edge cases, but they're resolved. Still need to test on many other device/firmware combos” 09:50PM EST 2/2/13
    We're gonna actually have to socialize with our friends at the SuperBowl parties today. We're not getting anything today, gang. I'm now sure of it. Too much testing yet to be done on "many" devices.

    But it was never promised for today if we're honest with ourselves. At least I'm ready. All my deb files for all up to date tweaks and dependency files on my Mac ready to load onto my newly JB'en iP5 without having to worry about Cydia logjam on day 1. Took all yesterday to get all my tweaks downloaded (and not all ready for 6.1). But most theming tweaks are ready to go and I'll be up and running in minutes after JB.
    Gridlock is the main theme tweak not ready yet (aargh.. - that one's always late)...

    Patience is a virtue!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    Jj2345 (02-03-2013)

  4. #143
    rcm
    rcm is offline
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    205
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    I'm really getting tired of people attacking me for my comment, I believed in what I said, yet so far out of all the people that have attacked, only about 2 of them where about what I actually said, and yes It's my problem if I got my hopes up and not theirs, but I also complained about all the fuzz being made about this, fuzz that most of it was made by us, that's what I don't like, again I'M NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT THEIR WORK OR THEM, THEY ARE THE ONLY REASON I STILL HAVE AN IPHONE BECAUSE IOS IS THE MOST BORING OS EVER, IF THEY TAKE ANOTHER WEEK THEN FINE, OH AND BTW I DONATED IN THE PAGE AND I HAVEN'T COMPLAINED ABOUT THAT AT ALL, I FACT SOME TIME AGO I SAID THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO ASK FOR DONATIONS, AFTER ALL THEY ARE IMPROVING UPON APPLE'S MISTAKE. SO FOR THE LAST TIME, ATTACK ME IF YOU WANT ABOUT ME COMPLAINING BECAUSE OF ALL THE FUZZ THAT HAS BEEN MADE ABOUT, BUT DON'T ATTACK ME BECAUSE I COMPLAINED ABOUT THEIR WORK BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER SAID SUCH THINGS, AND NEVER WILL, I EVEN BOUGHT AN IPHONE 5 JUST YESTERDAY BECAUSE I KNEW THERE WAS FINALLY HOPE OF A WORKING JAILBREAK FOR IT, REGARDLESS OF ALL THE NEWS ABOUT THE JAILBREAK TAKING MORE TIME THAN THOUGHT, BECAUSE I TRUST THAT IT WILL COME OUT, MAYBE TODAY, MAYBE TOMORROW, OR MAYBE EVEN NEXT WEEK. So now let's see who the first one is going to be telling me to stop complaining about their work, which I haven't btw.

  5. #144
    iPhoneaholic bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    478
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 57 Times in 38 Posts

    So do hackers watch the Super Bowl or will they use the time for testing? Hmmm...

  6. #145
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,812
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked 983 Times in 724 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    I'm really getting tired of people attacking me for my comment, I believed in what I said, yet so far out of all the people that have attacked, only about 2 of them where about what I actually said, and yes It's my problem if I got my hopes up and not theirs, but I also complained about all the fuzz being made about this, fuzz that most of it was made by us, that's what I don't like, again I'M NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT THEIR WORK OR THEM, THEY ARE THE ONLY REASON I STILL HAVE AN IPHONE BECAUSE IOS IS THE MOST BORING OS EVER, IF THEY TAKE ANOTHER WEEK THEN FINE, OH AND BTW I DONATED IN THE PAGE AND I HAVEN'T COMPLAINED ABOUT THAT AT ALL, I FACT SOME TIME AGO I SAID THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO ASK FOR DONATIONS, AFTER ALL THEY ARE IMPROVING UPON APPLE'S MISTAKE. SO FOR THE LAST TIME, ATTACK ME IF YOU WANT ABOUT ME COMPLAINING BECAUSE OF ALL THE FUZZ THAT HAS BEEN MADE ABOUT, BUT DON'T ATTACK ME BECAUSE I COMPLAINED ABOUT THEIR WORK BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER SAID SUCH THINGS, AND NEVER WILL, I EVEN BOUGHT AN IPHONE 5 JUST YESTERDAY BECAUSE I KNEW THERE WAS FINALLY HOPE OF A WORKING JAILBREAK FOR IT, REGARDLESS OF ALL THE NEWS ABOUT THE JAILBREAK TAKING MORE TIME THAN THOUGHT, BECAUSE I TRUST THAT IT WILL COME OUT, MAYBE TODAY, MAYBE TOMORROW, OR MAYBE EVEN NEXT WEEK. So now let's see who the first one is going to be telling me to stop complaining about their work, which I haven't btw.
    Relax.

  7. #146
    rcm
    rcm is offline
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    205
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Relax.
    I'm relax, just that i'm tired of my comments being taken out of context.

  8. #147
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA USA
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    All my deb files for all up to date tweaks and dependency files on my Mac ready to load onto my newly JB'en iP5 without having to worry about Cydia logjam on day 1.
    Yep. me too. I'm waiting until later in the week to jailbreak and in the meantime I downloaded the cydia app spreadsheet that someone was nice enough to post and will be leisurely looking through this tempting candy store...

    Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    I'm relax, just that i'm tired of my comments being taken out of context.
    Remember, nobody is forcing you to read the forums or the EvasiOn website and once you post, it's public and open to criticism. What do you care what strangers think about your opinions anyway? Like Anthony said, relax - or maybe distance yourself from the forums for awhile?
    Last edited by gibabe; 02-03-2013 at 10:29 AM.

  9. #148
    iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    265
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 35 Times in 24 Posts

    Yea man who cares. I think they should hurry up and release it AND hold off for a bit longer. Im also quite racist but love ALL people no matter what race.

  10. #149
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,577
    Thanks
    3,952
    Thanked 8,720 Times in 4,403 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    Im also quite racist but love ALL people no matter what race.
    ??!@$?? What the fuzz does that mean?!?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  11. #150
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,812
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked 983 Times in 724 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    ??!@$?? What the fuzz does that mean?!?
    Yeah, doesn't quite make sense.

  12. #151
    Full Moon Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    3,048
    Thanks
    3,876
    Thanked 7,538 Times in 2,382 Posts

    Am I the only one that can read. It means that he loves the Nintendo wii and refuses to play the Xbox.

  13. #152
    rcm
    rcm is offline
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    205
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Yeah, doesn't quite make sense.
    sorry about that, where i'm from it means lots of speculation, my bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by gibabe View Post
    Yep. me too. I'm waiting until later in the week to jailbreak and in the meantime I downloaded the cydia app spreadsheet that someone was nice enough to post and will be leisurely looking through this tempting candy store...



    Remember, nobody is forcing you to read the forums or the EvasiOn website and once you post, it's public and open to criticism. What do you care what strangers think about your opinions anyway? Like Anthony said, relax - or maybe distance yourself from the forums for awhile?
    You are right, i'll just read the articles and not comment for a while, It was never my intention to offend anyone.
    Last edited by rcm; 02-03-2013 at 10:59 AM.

  14. #153
    iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    265
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 35 Times in 24 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Am I the only one that can read. It means that he loves the Nintendo wii and refuses to play the Xbox.
    Haha! Its my way of expressing that some people take themselves too seriously. But thats funny raht there

  15. #154
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,053
    Thanks
    40,181
    Thanked 16,844 Times in 6,155 Posts

    Krima, you got it backwards. I believe he was proclaiming Xbox as the greatest gaming system of all times.

    But wait, there is another thread for this.

    Let the testing continue!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  16. #155
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA USA
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    rcm, I don't think anyone was offended. They are just passionate about their coveted jailbreak and most understand the complexity involved so tend to be a bit protective of the developers.

  17. #156
    Livin the i raduga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,631
    Thanks
    228
    Thanked 94 Times in 85 Posts

    I was offended.

  18. #157
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,053
    Thanks
    40,181
    Thanked 16,844 Times in 6,155 Posts

    Everyone just grow up. It's a software release, deal with it.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  19. #158
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA USA
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    I was offended.
    So get over it and don't make it personal.
    Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to gibabe For This Useful Post:

    Anthony Bouchard (02-03-2013)

  21. #159
    Livin the i raduga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,631
    Thanks
    228
    Thanked 94 Times in 85 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gibabe View Post
    So get over it and don't make it personal.
    Why not?

  22. #160
    Full Moon Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    3,048
    Thanks
    3,876
    Thanked 7,538 Times in 2,382 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Krima, you got it backwards. I believe he was proclaiming Xbox as the greatest gaming system of all times.

    But wait, there is another thread for this.

    Let the testing continue!
    You are WRONG King. 100% of people prefer the Wii over EVERYTHING. Trust me, I used to work at GameStop I know things. This isn't a matter of opinion but of unquestionable fact. I am Krima and this is my infallible decree.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (02-03-2013)

+ Reply
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts