+ Reply
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Planetbeing Announces Progress in Testing, Still A Lot More to Go

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone No...I think they are smarter than that. I think they have had this release planned for a while. Yes, they've had it planned for awhile. After
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    No...I think they are smarter than that. I think they have had this release planned for a while.
    Yes, they've had it planned for awhile. After all, they had it running on their iphone 5 6.0.2. However, Apple didn't release 6.1 until last week. There is only so much the developers can do until the actual software update is released so they can finish the tool and then start testing. How long do you think it takes to test 22 devices once the jailbreak is finished? Do you really think that a week is long enough? That averages out to about 3 devices a day with only 4 testers...with jobs...and school...and family...and IF they don't encounter any issues, or get any sleep. How about we just don't have any expectations and hope for the best. Don't push them to do a fast job, encourage them to do a good job.
    Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by irvinrivas83 View Post
    I donated $250 dollars for there hard work keep it up guys !
    Nice for some people to have that much disposable income at hand to donate all at once

Note this isn't a jab at you at all. If you can earn so much money to donate that all at once good for you

3. The Following User Says Thank You to aidanharris For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (02-03-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,861 Times in 6,162 Posts

85% now!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I haven't figured out if I'm shocked by the backlash against what is simple speculation. We are several hours from intended release, give or take. Testing on Mac and Windows has been COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY. Just because the article reads "a lot more to go" (which doesn't seem to be from any evad3r's mouth) people assume it won't hit on time.

I love how most people were all "Where's the jailbreak why don't I know anything?????!!!! I'm losing hope and patience!!!!!" and now that there's a website updated pretty much in real time people are all "Why make a website informing us of your progress?????!!!! You should have surprised meeeee!!!!!!"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ventodivino For This Useful Post:

joshlogic (02-03-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Has anyone other than MuscleNerd hinted at a Superbowl Sunday release? I ask as Mr. Nerd has been known to shoot his load some what prematurely in the past regards release dates on Jailbreaks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jj2345's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by td1439 View Post
    Hey look, it's i0nic.
    He a troll wanting attention

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

85% now 😃

Thanks

So the first update on the site was 68% and that was 2 days ago... Now we r 17% higher at 85%. Does that mean another 2 days to reach 100%?

I'm just throwing that out there...I'm excited and grateful they're doing this for us at all!

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    Ok I'm wondering something, why put up a website when there is still so much work instead of just waiting a day or two before the release?, I'm sorry but I just don't like the way this is going, getting our hopes up and then, the day before everyone thinks it's about to be released, telling us NO it's going to take a lot more time. They might as well take the page down and just wait until they are sure the jailbreak is coming.
    And YOU would be the same person complaining if they'd not have given any updates, etc...

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gibabe View Post
    Yes, they've had it planned for awhile. After all, they had it running on their iphone 5 6.0.2. However, Apple didn't release 6.1 until last week. There is only so much the developers can do until the actual software update is released so they can finish the tool and then start testing. How long do you think it takes to test 22 devices once the jailbreak is finished? Do you really think that a week is long enough? That averages out to about 3 devices a day with only 4 testers...with jobs...and school...and family...and IF they don't encounter any issues, or get any sleep.
    Ya they did have to wait for 6.1 to RELEASE, but that was to make sure Apple did not patch any of their exploits...and it would appear Apple did not (hence the immediate announcement that 6.1 was safe). If there were even the slightest chance 6.1 would not work on a portion of iPhones/firmware, I really doubt they would have said it was completely safe to upgrade. They probably know the hardware/software like the back of their hands by now, probably know it better than Apples own security team knows it! If they say it is safe to upgrade, they KNOW it is fundamentally safe to upgrade for all devices, even if untested. And if they are really testing every individual device type before release....how? They own all of them? It's still a closed beta to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by baskie View Post
    Has anyone other than MuscleNerd hinted at a Superbowl Sunday release?
    It seems to me MuscleNerd is kinda like the godfather. He knows who is who and what is what, and while in his younger days was much more "involved" with the "family", he now sits back and lets his thugs handle the dirty work...His primary role being to keep the family in check and moving forward, as well as handling most PR duties.

While it is possible he dropped the Super Sunday release date on us to create excitement and push the team to finish it as fast as possible...I highly doubt it.
    El Zurdo

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ravelsnip View Post
    exactly what i said yesterday. When more than half of the work is not done..why tempt/taunt us like this without any reason. Imho, its just pathetic.
    ^^^^^These are the little girlzzzz who get everything hand fed to them from mommE and daddE. they are also the same kids who can't take a pee without wetting the fronts of their pants. Are you seriously that ungrateful? Seriously, it's to bad MMI can't log these little trolls UDID's and give them to the jailbreak teams so they can find a way to block these ungrateful scrubs devices from using their jb tools.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PoEtikly For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (02-03-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jj2345's Avatar
    Thanks

At this pace I don't It'll be ready by today,maybe Tuesday or Wednesday the latest

Thanks

Jailbreak really does bring out the crap in our community, so many plebs here spouting absolute tosh, real tosh.... It's like being in a primary school playground. Where is the IQ for heavens sake?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to CCNPJediHacker For This Useful Post:

joshlogic (02-03-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    And if you zoom the page it's Wednesday in the calendar in all the devices...
    This Wednesday is my birthday. Would be a nice present.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    So the first update on the site was 68% and that was 2 days ago... Now we r 17% higher at 85%. Does that mean another 2 days to reach 100%?

I'm just throwing that out there...I'm excited and grateful they're doing this for us at all!
    Their progress is not linear so the answer is No.
    Last edited by vinaygoel2000; 02-03-2013 at 05:48 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassvictim's Avatar
    Thanks

Why are so many coming on here and be rude and bashing the team,and singling out individual members? Be grateful that they're actually doing this. If it weren't for the evad3rs, there wouldn't be anything for us to use. There's a jailbreak, it's close, and it'll come out when they're ready to put it out. Take all the time you need guys.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bassvictim For This Useful Post:

2k1 (02-03-2013), joshlogic (02-03-2013)

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bassvictim View Post
    Why are so many coming on here and be rude and bashing the team,and singling out individual members? Be grateful that they're actually doing this. If it weren't for the evad3rs, there wouldn't be anything for us to use. There's a jailbreak, it's close, and it'll come out when they're ready to put it out. Take all the time you need guys.
    It doesn't matter they will never be happy. Part of life I guess you can say.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

Bassvictim (02-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,721 Times in 4,404 Posts

I'm still holding out hope for today - but believing like that hope is fading.

Let's examine history though:

Last year the 5.1.1 release came out on 1/20/12; not associated with any 'big' day on the calendar.

Last year they released the Absinthe tool for only 1 OS - Mac, first. PC people waited 24 more hours at least and Linux people waited 2 days.

Our devs do INDEED like the power they have on our emotions. Calling them "rock stars" is a little over the top and disrespectful - but I know, in their hearts they'd like the "high 5-ing" each other feel of releasing today - for at least Mac & PC. Since they're done - I don't believe they'll make 95% of us wait until the Linux version is fully tested.

So I still think release today of PC and Mac version is possible. Likely? Any one's guess.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Most of you people are so ungreatful for what they done so far and it makes me want to tell the devs to stop making jailbreaks for you, and if think you need a jailbreak sooo bad why dont you just make one for you and see how hard it is. So just grow the about it
    Last edited by 2k1; 02-03-2013 at 07:03 AM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Mattme11 For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (02-03-2013)

Thanks

I'm curious as to what the actual exploit/s are going to be called. For example the iOS 5 exploit was called rocky racoon.

Thanks

Funday Monday? #optimism

+ Reply
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast