Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Planetbeing Announces Progress in Testing, Still A Lot More to Go

Quote Originally Posted by risingkazuya05 View Post
    The devs are just making it seem that there's still a lot of things to do, then will release it tomorrow during the Super Bowl just to up the suspense and the drama. Then will say "we spent the whole night testing to bring you the jailbreak just in time for the Superbowl/Sunday-Funday"

That's our cue (the public) to hit the donate button and spam them with tweets and post praising them for all the hard work, etc.

These guys are like Hollywood actors, they need publicity and attention
    Hey look, it's i0nic.

Quote Originally Posted by risingkazuya05 View Post
    The devs are just making it seem that there's still a lot of things to do, then will release it tomorrow during the Super Bowl just to up the suspense and the drama. Then will say "we spent the whole night testing to bring you the jailbreak just in time for the Superbowl/Sunday-Funday"

That's our cue (the public) to hit the donate button and spam them with tweets and post praising them for all the hard work, etc.

These guys are like Hollywood actors, they need publicity and attention
    are you i0n1c, you lousy feckin troll.

Edit: sorry I meant you lousy feckin money grabbing troll. that then turns round and says the dev team does the same
    Last edited by dsg; 02-02-2013 at 11:37 PM.
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
    Thanks

*yawn*

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WithinTemptationFan For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (02-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    Ok I'm wondering something, why put up a website when there is still so much work instead of just waiting a day or two before the release?, I'm sorry but I just don't like the way this is going, getting our hopes up and then, the day before everyone thinks it's about to be released, telling us NO it's going to take a lot more time. They might as well take the page down and just wait until they are sure the jailbreak is coming.
    exactly what i said yesterday. When more than half of the work is not done..why tempt/taunt us like this without any reason. Imho, its just pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    are you ion1c, you lousy feckin troll.
    no, IM i0n1c!

and stop calling me a troll :<
    Last edited by raduga; 02-02-2013 at 11:38 PM. Reason: because im not a troll

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

I like the idea of testing it and testing it till its done. However, when massive amounts of people start to use it how they please, thats when bugs and glitches will be found. There will never be a perfect release but im glad they will get as close as they can even if its a delayed release.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iFrosty For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (02-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by ravelsnip View Post
    exactly what i said yesterday. When more than half of the work is not done..why tempt/taunt us like this without any reason. Imho, its just pathetic.
    Ugh. Tempt you to do what? Taunt you? Really? More than half of the work isn't done? He's gotta go through every device from 6.0 to 6.1 to make sure everything works ok. That's the extended testing there talking about. I'm sure it takes a while. Give them a break. If anything. You ranting about them "taunting" you…is pathetic sir

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Silverado1987 For This Useful Post:

Brewko (02-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    no, IM i0n1c!

and stop calling me a troll :<
    yeah yeah I got in wrong, cause I'm mad aarrrrrrggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wargasmtornado's Avatar
    Thanks

One i0n1c in the world is bad enough :-S
    Andthe devs did say sunday-ish,give or take a few days either way
    ipod 4G,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    iphone 4,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    i really,really hate using Winterboard

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Wargasmtornado For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (02-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    You'd think people informed enough to jailbreak would be capable of realizing they should and can update
    If they know how and want to jailbreak on their own, they must know that iOS 6.1 is the latest version.

Thanks

Some wont upgrade due to *possible* baseband exploits
    You never know..
    However (legality out the window) there are still ways to unlock ATT models for under $20 so it almost defeats the purpose you could say.
    Last edited by iFrosty; 02-03-2013 at 12:04 AM. Reason: I didnt finish my sentence like an idiot

16. The Following User Says Thank You to iFrosty For This Useful Post:

raduga (02-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by WithinTemptationFan View Post
    Really now? People are going to throw fits over this? It's a jailbreak,just be glad they released one for y'all. It's not like you won't be getting one
    EXACTLY!!!!

I'm getting very impatient & excited as well BUT I rather have a jailbreak tested to a T & have it working properly than to ***** afterwards " they should of tested more before releasing it" @ least it's coming soon.

If I had known 6.0.2 was planned to be supported, I would not have updated to 6.1.

On newer devices, upgrading always narrows your range of options.
    Precisely the way Apple intended.

Thanks

awww, cmon! You know you want Siri to order your movie tickets with Fandango!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Ugh. Tempt you to do what? Taunt you? Really? More than half of the work isn't done? He's gotta go through every device from 6.0 to 6.1 to make sure everything works ok. That's the extended testing there talking about. I'm sure it takes a while. Give them a break. If anything. You ranting about them "taunting" you…is pathetic sir
    i mean why test it on so many devices? if it works on iphone5 and ipad it should work on every other device...its not rocket science..that is how the exploits have been working previously...that is how all the hackers previously released.

Quote Originally Posted by ravelsnip View Post
    i mean why test it on so many devices? if it works on iphone5 and ipad it should work on every other device...its not rocket science..that is how the exploits have been working previously...that is how all the hackers previously released.
    There is more than one iPhone 5, more than one iPad, more than one iPod touch. And they don't always work together the same way.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

aidanharris (02-03-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
    Thanks

They're testing it on the devices to see that the jailbreak will in fact, work with every device and so there won't be a ton of angry people coming back later asking why the devs didn't spend more time on testing. >.>

They had a working jailbreak on their side for awhile. Cydia and everyone else have had time to prepare. They are trying to save mmi,Bigboss and cydia servers some time by packaging everything together which is a good idea, But I say release 2 jailbreaks. 1 the old fashion way and the other in package.

Some exploits are specific to certain CPUs. Some newer exploits don't work on older hardware. Some (many/most) older exploits won't work on newer devices. The only reason you ever see a released JB tool that works "the same on every other device" is a bunch of guys wearing wizard hats waving their magic wands at code until it does work the same on every device.

My understanding is that the evasi0n tool probably uses two or three distinct exploits, all of them new. At least one is geared specifically toward A5/A6, and at least one of them isn't. If you threw all of these at the phone at once, it'd likely crash. And not "in a good way".

...its not rocket science...
    are you a rocket scientist?

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ByteArt View Post
    All the iOS devices on the Evadsi0n website have the 3rd of the month on the calendar app, and sunday is the 3rd of February, so it seems like a **** move not to release it tomorrow

And if you zoom the page it's Wednesday in the calendar in all the devices...
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast