+ Reply
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Planetbeing Announces Progress in Testing, Still A Lot More to Go

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by rcm Ok I'm wondering something, why put up a website when there is still so much work instead of just waiting a day or two before the
    Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    Ok I'm wondering something, why put up a website when there is still so much work instead of just waiting a day or two before the release?, I'm sorry but I just don't like the way this is going, getting our hopes up and then, the day before everyone thinks it's about to be released, telling us NO it's going to take a lot more time. They might as well take the page down and just wait until they are sure the jailbreak is coming.
    The reason for a website is to let people how they are doing. They never said anything about "your" hopes. Your the one with the hype. Yes they hinted at Sunday but they also said they will try for Sunday "sooner or later" so if it takes more time then so be it. No offense it's the attitude that gives the devs the reason not to do the things they do. Like show the progress of how things are going. If they didn't have a website you'd only be asking if it was out yet!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I agree that a prerequisite should be to upgrade to 6.1.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colin9001's Avatar
    Thanks

T_T wow.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

(IN DBZ Narrotor Voice)

Next Time
    On ModMyi...

/sadness

Thanks
    Well I guess I will be watching the Super Bowl & not Jailbreaking my iphone5😤

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BIG BUFF For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (02-03-2013)

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

They never said not gonna have a release. There is still time. Even not rather wait another day or two to know this is gonna be good to go

Thanks
    Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,175 Posts

Ah man this was big time and they've never missed a release date - especially one they set up a website for and picked such a high profile day. I'm with a lot of people here that id rater nothing be said at all than a big scene over a missed date.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
    I agree that a prerequisite should be to upgrade to 6.1.
    Would make sense since most people will do a clean restore to ensure no issues which means going to 6.1! As that's all that is currently being signed by apple!

Quote Originally Posted by WaGGuM View Post
    Ah man this was big time and they've never missed a release date - especially one they set up a website for and picked such a high profile day. I'm with a lot of people here that id rater nothing be said at all than a big scene over a missed date.
    We have had missed dates before and always for the best!

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,972 Times in 770 Posts

they haven't missed it, because they never really stated it
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (02-02-2013)

Thanks

Well keep the faith. Since the site went up they have been making a lot of progress. I bet they'll drop it tomorrow. They probably just want to stretch it out to keep it popular on all the boards and to keep getting those hits to their site. #fingerscrossed

Thanks @Evad3rs btw for all the hard work!!

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

I'm guessing Monday

rcm
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    The reason for a website is to let people how they are doing. They never said anything about "your" hopes. Your the one with the hype. Yes they hinted at Sunday but they also said they will try for Sunday "sooner or later" so if it takes more time then so be it. No offense it's the attitude that gives the devs the reason not to do the things they do. Like show the progress of how things are going. If they didn't have a website you'd only be asking if it was out yet!
    They put up a website, hinted on a specific day, so yeah i think they got my hopes up, they could have just waited until most of the testing was done, instead planet actually begs Apple to release 6.1 already, sorry if you didn't like my comment but this is how I feel, oh and even some devs updated their apps just because they thought the jailbreak was near release too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpySod View Post
    Would make sense since most people will do a clean restore to ensure no issues which means going to 6.1! As that's all that is currently being signed by apple!

We have had missed dates before and always for the best!
    True true I'm just so effing excited haha. These guys are top notch and they deserve all the respect possible for their work

iPhone? More like MyPhone WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
    Thanks

Really now? People are going to throw fits over this? It's a jailbreak,just be glad they released one for y'all. It's not like you won't be getting one

17. The Following User Says Thank You to WithinTemptationFan For This Useful Post:

ChicagoV (02-03-2013)

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WaGGuM View Post
    There was never a date. None of the hackers outright expressed when it would come out. Only speculation put the date on Sunday.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

ChicagoV (02-03-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WithinTemptationFan View Post
    Really now? People are going to throw fits over this? It's a jailbreak,just be glad they released one for y'all. It's not like you won't be getting one
    I totally agree but I will side with some disappointment. I'm sure people planned their whole week around this. Nevertheless m just happy they're pretty much there

rcm
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I am thankful for all they've done over the years, just that I don't like it when things like this happen, it's not their fault, after all they are making this for 2 new devices also, the ipad 4 and iphone 5, i know that will take time, it's just making all the fuzz that I don't like.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    There was never a date. None of the hackers outright expressed when it would come out. Only speculation put the date on Sunday.
    Apologies if I had it wrong then. I heard Sunday somewhere and then heard it was done for Mac and windows. Honestly whatever the end is very in sight!

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    They put up a website, hinted on a specific day, so yeah i think they got my hopes up, they could have just waited until most of the testing was done, instead planet actually begs Apple to release 6.1 already, sorry if you didn't like my comment but this is how I feel, oh and even some devs updated their apps just because they thought the jailbreak was near release too.
    Go make your own damn jailbreak and stop whining. Oh, you can't? be happy that they are nice enough to make one for you for free.
    Last edited by EVO; 02-03-2013 at 01:17 AM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to RokeSmoreMeefer For This Useful Post:

ChicagoV (02-03-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Good thing comes to those who wait!