Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: LockInfo 5, Re-written for a Great iOS 6 Experience!

Default LockInfo 5, Re-written for a Great iOS 6 Experience!

LockInfo is one of those more popular jailbreak tweaks out there, putting a lot of information at your fingertips right on the lock screen. The information includes notifications, widgets, and RSS feeds, and all of it can be configured to your personal liking. In the latest version of LockInfo, dubbed LockInfo 5, the application has been completely re-written for iOS 6. You can see LockInfo 5 in action in the screenshots above.

LockInfo 5 puts special filters on your lock screen. Two of them are there all the time, while the others only appear when notifications for certain applications appear. Tapping on these filters will filter your notifications depending on the filter you tap on. For example, tapping on the Messages filter will show you all your text message and iMessage notifications, while tapping on the Mail filter will show you all our e-mail notifications. If you slide on any of your notifications, LockInfo 5 will show you a preview of the notification.

The static filters, for notifications and widgets, let you switch between widget view and notification view. The widget view houses any of your Notification Center widgets, or any of the third party widgets that will be made available in Cydia for LockInfo 5. Widgets made for the original LockInfo will not work until they are updated for LockInfo 5, however. LockInfo comes with a few widgets, including a favorite contacts widget and Twitter widget. The Forecast-styled weather widget will always be visible on your lock screen where the clock used to be as well.

Apart from notifications and widgets, LockInfo also supports RSS feeds. You can configure your RSS feeds via the RSS application icon that is placed on your home screen along with the LockInfo application icon – yes; LockInfo 5 will add 2 application icons to your home screen. You will be able to enter News Sites into the search bar to add them to your RSS collection, and then configure how you will be notified of the news. Your RSS feeds will be integrated with Notification Center, as well as shown in the LockInfo lock screen interface:

After you install LockInfo 5, you can head over to the settings application to play around in LockInfo's preferences pane, which is shown below:

From the preferences, you will be able to:

• Configure the widgets that you want to enable or disable
    • Manage how the screen dims while on the lock screen
    • Show or hide the charging batter on the lock screen when plugged in
    • Choose to show the Notifications, Widgets, or Nothing on the lock screen by default
    • Show or hide notification badges on the filter icons
    • Show or hide the widget filter icon
    • Enable or disable bypassing the passcode for notifications (more secure set to off)
    • Enable or disable status bar icon for Silent
    • Enable or disable status bar icon for notifications
    • Enable or disable data protection

Because LockInfo 5 is heavily integrated with Notification Center, all RSS feed items can be configured to appear in Notification Center, or as banner notifications. If you’re a news nut and want news notifications, you’ll love this feature about LockInfo 5. If you don’t want news notifications, you can also disable this feature.

If you own a previous version of LockInfo, then LockInfo 5 is a free upgrade. This continues to be a major 1-up for LockInfo, as its major competitor known as IntelliScreenX charges uses $4.99 to upgrade to the iOS 6 version unless they bought IntelliScreenX on or after December 1, 2012. For new users that want to adopt LockInfo 5, the asking price is $7.99; however, if you recruit 3 of your friends to buy LockInfo, the developer will refund your money to you, therefore you can get LockInfo for free. LockInfo also comes with a 2-week free trial, so feel free to give it a try in the mean time.

Check out the developer's demonstration video below:

For a mobile-friendly version of the video link that works with our app, tap on the video link below:

Video Link

If you want to reinvigorate your empty, boring iOS 6 lock screen, check out LockInfo 5! Highly recommended!

Name: LockInfo 5
    Price: $7.99 (14-day FREE trial)
    Version: 5.0.0.11-1
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: David Ashman
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

IrobertI (02-03-2013), wiipro (02-02-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colin9001's Avatar
    Thanks

Is this not intelliscreenx

Quote Originally Posted by Colin9001 View Post
    Nope, LockInfo 5.

No lock info was around 1st

It's inteliscreen x on steroids with free updates and upgrades

Is there a tweak for putting the Wifi, BT, bright, flash toggles under the lockscreen clock without the need of installing more stuff like Lockinfo, ISX, etc...?

Just like the second image, I use Bulletin and SBSettings but I just wanna make it 1 step more simple (yeah 1 swipe down(Bulletin) or status swipe right(SBS)) by just waking up the phone and hiting the button, is it possible?

The iPhone lock screen is empty and boring indeed!! Looking forward to this!
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    The iPhone lock screen is empty and boring indeed!! Looking forward to this!
    I know! With all the iOS refreshes you'd think apple could come up with something on the lock screen. Album art, GPS and play controls are nice but there's so much wasted space there

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Gonna be gitting this one for sure

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Traffic here on modmyi has really picked up the last couple days.... I wonder why...

Yah, there's a lil something about a Jailbreak afoot. 😉

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What do you guys prefer? Lock info or intelliscreenx

I really liked intelliscreen but now mod edit
    Last edited by EVO; 02-03-2013 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    I really liked intelliscreen but now mod edit[/COLOR]
    Then why don't you mod edit them back?
    Last edited by EVO; 02-03-2013 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by klip2006 View Post
    What do you guys prefer? Lock info or intelliscreenx
    I prefer lockinfo. In my opinion it's way better than intelliscreenx. Intelliscreenx has way to much going on with it. There are so many things its confusing. You've got pages of different stuff, like emails, twitter, news, all kinds of stuff. It's just too much. And from what I remember, it didn't have an email preview or maybe it just was so transparent it was hard to read emails. I also didn't like the way you deleted items from intelliscreenx.

Lockinfo gives your lock screen a more clean crisp Apple like feel. It feels like something Apple made and comes stock with the iOS device. I miss my lockinfo so much. My phone had a camera issue and I had to send it back to Apple. The replacement I got had iOS 6 on it already so I lost the jailbreak. I can't wait for it to come out, and lockinfo may just be the first thing I install!!

I'm glad this is a different name as this version of LockInfo SUCKS.
    It looks like its got bugs as on the lockscreen all I see is notifications center and cant close it. Lucky I've set up an activation to unlock my phone or I would be stuck.

and WHERE are the normal LockInfo options? I have LockInfo all set up the way I like it and this version just screws with all that and there is nowhere to change anything.

So its nice that this works with IOS6 but its all screwed. Another reason not to bother updating to IOS6 as the apps you jailbreak for are screwed.

After carefully reviewing the video, I must say... It's ugly compared to ISX!

I prefer Intelliscreen X if I'm going to clutter up my Lock Screen.

It does far too much. Some parts are great but it's called a lock screen for a reason. AmI riight?

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

This is the one tweak that makes Jailbreaking worth while.

If it was not for this tweak I would seriously consider not Jailbreaking my phone and that is not an over reaction.

Fact
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast