+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: LockInfo 5, Re-written for a Great iOS 6 Experience!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I own both this and IntelliscreenX and I've almost always been way in favor of LockInfo, but after about 20 minutes of trying to configure this version properly I deleted
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

I own both this and IntelliscreenX and I've almost always been way in favor of LockInfo, but after about 20 minutes of trying to configure this version properly I deleted it and threw Intelliscreen on my i5 which only took a few minutes to configure just the way I want. I agree that the new version is very clunky and I miss the amount of customization that you could do in the previous LockInfos.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,111 Times in 1,831 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    I own both this and IntelliscreenX and I've almost always been way in favor of LockInfo, but after about 20 minutes of trying to configure this version properly I deleted it and threw Intelliscreen on my i5 which only took a few minutes to configure just the way I want. I agree that the new version is very clunky and I miss the amount of customization that you could do in the previous LockInfos.
    I agree, pity LockInfo isn't iOS 6 compatible. It was perfect. I uninstalled LockInfo 5 as well.
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

This version SUCKS...
    Its the same as ISX... We dont want 2 Apps doing and looking the same.. We want Difference... Where is the Small Text option? Where is the Hide SLIDE TO UNLOCK ? where is .. where is.. where is... a lot of options are GONE...
    Isnt there any other thing other than Lockinfo and Intelliscreen alternative ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Lockinfo 5 is a major downgrade compared to Lockinfo 4 and earlier versions
    I agree with above. Wow, what a downgrade compared to the prior version. I have used Lockinfo for the last 3 years and have suggested it to many of my friends. It was the main reason for jailbreaking our phones. Now Lockinfo has lost most of the functionality of the prior version. Unless this is some early beta version, it's nearly worthless now. Not all that different from iOS notification system or intelliscreen. Almost all of the functions, themes, text control, native widgets, hide slider, etc. are just gone.

What was the developer thinking? Talk about shooting oneself in the foot. Maybe Apple paid him to kill his own app. Like others, I'm very very disappointed. I need to either switch to intelliscreen now or see if I can downgrade to iOS5 to get Lockinfo 4. I wish the prior functionality was preserved.

iPhone? More like MyPhone The Guz's Avatar
    Thanks

I played around with lockinfo 5 since the upgrade was free for me. It does take time to configure but I got it to where I like it. I am so used to the previous version that this one will take some time to get used to. I do like the filter ability and the quick access to widgets. I dislike that the weather widget covers up the clock. It was nice being able to disable that widget in the previous version. I also miss the manual refresh button. I used that on the previous version with the RSS feed add on as well as checking for email since I had the push feature disabled. I have never used IntelliscreenX but I may just to compare the two. We shall see what other features are added.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Am I the only one that can not get the twitter and Facebook tabs to work on the lock screen. I tap it and it does nothing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    I'm not quite sure what David Ashman (Dev) was thinking on this update but it is horrific. I've been a 3+ year user of lockinfo and have never had such confusion setting this up. He literally took away all the customizations of the collapsible window per section, I cant remove these "notification widgets" no matter what settings I turn off. Very frustrating. Hell, there isn't even an option to change the theme! So, I uninstalled to wait for an update and now my lockscreen is missing entirely!

Dave.. please fix this & also allow a "Classic" option for folks that loved Lockinfo 3 & 4.
    Couldn't agree with you more! I don't know if I should wait for this 'classic' upgrade or request my money back. Shame.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,111 Times in 1,831 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robinio View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more! I don't know if I should wait for this 'classic' upgrade or request my money back. Shame.
    Yip totally agree! He just needs to make LockInfo compatible with ios 6! Don't change it if it's not broken! :-o
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrcampos View Post
    Am I the only one that can not get the twitter and Facebook tabs to work on the lock screen. I tap it and it does nothing.
    Guess no one else is having this problem

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrcampos View Post
    Guess no one else is having this problem
    I'm having that problem. I filed a bug report, you should do the same so the dev prioritises sorting it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

anyone else having problems with notifications staying after you tap them? For example, if I get a notification its my turn in Words. I tap it, go to words, play etc. But if I go back to the notification center or lock screen. that same notification is still there and I have to manually remove it or they just pile up even though I've acknowledged them.

Is this a lockinfo issue or a iOS issue??

Thanks

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123