+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free Version of FlagPaint Now Available in Cydia With Limited Features

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 766 Posts

Default Free Version of FlagPaint Now Available in Cydia With Limited Features

A free edition of the popular FlagPaint jailbreak tweak by iOS development team Hashbang Productions is now available in Cydia. It’s called FlagPaint Lite, and it comes with fewer features for the benefit of being free.

When we say the tweak comes with fewer features for the benefit of being free, we mean it. FlagPaint Lite has literally no options to configure, apart from enabling and disabling the tweak on demand from the FlagPaint Lite preferences pane in the Settings application:

The tweak will color your banners so that they match the color of the application icon that displays on the banner. You can tap on the “Test Notification” button from the preferences pane for FlagPaint Lite to invoke a fake banner notification so you can see how the tweak affects your notification banners.

The full version of FlagPaint allows you to have transparency, different banner animations, and the ability to show or hide banner elements. The Lite version of FlagPaint does a semi-decent job of showing you how the colored banners will look, but if this is your favorite feature of the full version of FlagPaint, you can just hold onto the Lite version at no cost.

FlagPaint Lite can be had for free from the BigBoss repository right now. The tweak is iOS 6-compatible.

Name: FlagPaint Lite
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Hashbang Productions
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Banned
    Thanks

This crashes when you have DietBulletin installed.
    I'm thinking thats the reason it crashes. If not then it just crashes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone thekirbylover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    This crashes when you have DietBulletin installed.
    I'm thinking thats the reason it crashes. If not then it just crashes.
    Lite shouldn't conflict with DietBulletin (it just tints the banner, nothing more), but the latest update to the paid version does have some code to properly center the text for DietBulletin users. Contact us in Cydia if you're having a problem only with "Center Text" on in the paid version, otherwise it's some other tweak causing it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I installed the update this morning and now everytime I unlock my phone a test itunes notification comes up.. I am already up to notification #15.. Is there a way for me to roll back a version?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to slayorktc For This Useful Post:

nvfriendly (02-06-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just like Slayorktc, I am just about to delete the whole thing; what a nuisance!

iPhone? More like MyPhone thekirbylover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slayorktc View Post
    I installed the update this morning and now everytime I unlock my phone a test itunes notification comes up.. I am already up to notification #15.. Is there a way for me to roll back a version?
    This was a stupid mistake (testing code wasn't removed) - a fix is coming!