+ Reply
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IntelliScreenX 6, MyWi 6, Messages+, LockInfo, and Aloud Get iOS 6 Support

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default IntelliScreenX 6, MyWi 6, Messages+, LockInfo, and Aloud Get iOS 6 Support

With the upcoming iOS 6 jailbreak called evasi0n just around the corner, jailbreak developers are rushing to update their jailbreak tweaks and apps for both iOS 6 support and to add some additional features. In this post we will tell you about some of the available and upcoming jailbreak tweak updates that are currently, or will be very soon, fresh in Cydia as of February 2.

1. IntelliScreenX 6 (Version 6.00.03) – Available

IntelliScreenX, a very popular way to get Notification Center, RSS feeds, your Facebook timeline, your Twitter timeline, and E-mail on your lock screen, has been updated to version 6.00.03 Saturday afternoon with support for iOS 6. Installing IntelliScreenX 6 will also install the IntelliScreenX (iOS 6 Library).

The package will require existing owners of IntelliScreenX to pay $4.99 to upgrade to IntelliScreenX 6. If you bought the older package on or after December 1, 2012, then the upgrade is free. New Users Will have to buy the package for $9.99

IntelliScreenX 6 is live in Cydia right now.

2. MyWi 6 (Version 6.00.02) – Available

MyWi, a popular application for enabling tethering on your iPhone without your carrier’s permission, has been updated to version 6.00.02 Saturday afternoon with support for iOS 6.

MyWi 6 is available for $19.99 in Cydia, but existing owners can upgrade to MyWi 6 for just $4.99. If you bought the older package on or after December 1, 2012, then the upgrade is free.

MyWi 6 is live in Cydia right now.

3. Messages+ (Version 6.0.1) – Available

Messages+, a tweak that can let you compose or reply to text messages from anywhere with a gorgeous-looking interface, has been updated to version 6.0.1 Saturday afternoon with support for iOS 6.

Messages+ is available in Cydia for $7.99, however owners of IntelliScreenX get this tweak for free, as Messages+ is actually baked right into the IntelliScreenX interface.

Messages+ 6.0.1 is live in Cydia right now.

4. LockInfo (Version 5.0.0.10-4) – Available

LockInfo, also a popular tweak for bringing information to your lock screen, will be getting iOS 6 support in the upcoming version 5.0. The tweak is currently waiting in the Cydia queue and will be released shortly.

Unlike IntelliScreenX, where you will need to pay $4.99 to upgrade, LockInfo 5 for iOS 6 will be a free upgrade for existing customers.

LockInfo 5.0.0.10-4 is live in Cydia right now.

5. Aloud (Version 1.1.3) – Available

Aloud, a popular jailbreak tweak for enabling spoken notifications, has been updated to version 1.1.3 today with support for iOS 6.

Aloud 1.1.3 is live in Cydia right now.

More tweaks will be updated as time goes by, so stay tuned!
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-02-2013 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Added Aloud

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

Sweet! Was hoping intelliscreen would make it in time.

Thanks

What's new in ISX and MyWi to warrant paying an upgrade price just for it to work on iOS 6? Or is it just that we have to pay again because it is exactly the same only it took them a while to make compatible with iOS 6.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to aidanharris For This Useful Post:

primalscream.40 (02-02-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aidanharris View Post
    What's new in ISX and MyWi to warrant paying an upgrade price just for it to work on iOS 6? Or is it just that we have to pay again because it is exactly the same only it took them a while to make compatible with iOS 6.
    Thats a good point raht there

My iPhone is a Part of Me Daniel212's Avatar
    Thanks

Great! Super excited to jailbreak my iPhone 5, iPhone 4S and my new iPad mini!

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

There is a $4.99 upgrade for MyWi 6.0 and IntelliScreenX 6 from MyWi 4/5 and ISX. If you purchased on/after Dec 1st 2012, it's free!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    There is a $4.99 upgrade for MyWi 6.0 and IntelliScreenX 6 from MyWi 4/5 and ISX. If you purchased on/after Dec 1st 2012, it's free!
    Yes but why is that? If I buy a piece of software and then said piece of software stops working on a newer operating system I would expect a free patch to be made available to everyone to get it to work again. By charging existing users for exactly the same thing they have but with no new features is just wrong. Of course I do realise what I own is a license to use the software as opposed to the software itself so bringing this up is pointless really. My point is you don't see tetherme charging its users to use their tweak on iOS 6 do you?

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes but why is that? If I buy a piece of software and then said piece of software stops working on a newer operating system I would expect a free patch to be made available to everyone to get it to work again. By charging existing users for exactly the same thing they have but with no new features is just wrong. Of course I do realise what I own is a license to use the software as opposed to the software itself so bringing this up is pointless really. My point is you don't see tetherme charging its users to use their tweak on iOS 6 do you?
    I completely agree, I have not yet bought ISX, but I plan on that being the first tweak I purchase, so no matter what I'm stuck with the $10 ( which in reality isn't much money) but once I buy it, id except a free update to make it compatible with newer software, don't give me the new features fine, but id expect at least forward comparability

Thanks

Used to look forward to jail breaking to use mywi but don't need it with Verizon anymore
    Anyone know how bitesms does with ios6?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

No thanks. Charging for a compatibility update and and a few new features I would hardly say is with 50% of the original price tag.

Why do people who just purchased the program getting it free? Maybe there money is better than ours who payed when the app first came out?

I mean come on!! All this says to me is they aren't making money off of new customers so they want to charge existing.

I for one no longer support intelliborn.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

primalscream.40 (02-03-2013)

Thanks

HA duh. Thats what the original post says, we can read. But can you? The gentleman asked what "warrants" the upgrading to have a price. For us devout users who originally purchased a license back in early 2012 and even in 2011, it should still be free if no new features were added, other than iOS compatibility. Dont get me wrong, I'd pay 10$, or anything, to have them again, but it still sucks to have to pay anything to merely upgrade as an existing license owner.

WRECK 'EM TECH!!! Twitter Me: Jared_Mataska
    Or Leave a Thanks...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    Used to look forward to jail breaking to use mywi but don't need it with Verizon anymore
    Bitesms works fine

Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...owsperpage=250

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aidanharris For This Useful Post:

bmwraw8482 (02-02-2013), Hip5 (02-02-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Looks like I'm going back to using Lockinfo then, I'm not paying those robbing beeps another penny. MyWi hardly ever bloody worked anyway and IntelliscreenX is overpriced tripe.
    Last edited by Andydigital; 02-02-2013 at 12:22 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You're just quoting the article. This upgrade fee is unacceptable. Would apple charge an extra $4.99 when they update their Pages app for a newer iOS version? Or any app for that matter.
    I can understand adding more features and options for a jailbreak tweak. However, the developers are only making it iOS 6 compatible.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    There is currently a repository available for the biteSMS for iOS 6, I had it on my iPhone 4 running 6.1beta2. But I'm not sure if its compatible with certain devices, such as iPhone 5.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to f10M4N31 For This Useful Post:

bmwraw8482 (02-02-2013)

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro2NR View Post
    You're just quoting the article. This upgrade fee is unacceptable. Would apple charge an extra $4.99 when they update their Pages app for a newer iOS version? Or any app for that matter.
    I can understand adding more features and options for a jailbreak tweak. However, the developers are only making it iOS 6 compatible.
    Yes I do agree with ya there on that point.

Green Apple
    Thanks

That's frustrating to me as well. I've used both Intelliscreen X ' MiWi when I had my jailbroken 4S. I got the iPhone 5 & haven't been able to use the software until this new jailbreak. I could understand if they added new functionality, but just for the right to use it with a new OS? That's pathetic and gouging.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sign this petition to make these updates free.
    http://twitition.com/l9zwn

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pedro2NR For This Useful Post:

aidanharris (02-02-2013), Mrteacup (02-02-2013), rebo4 (02-02-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So Glad that lockinfo is not charging for an update, as for mywi and the rest, i will take my money else where.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to antado For This Useful Post:

aidanharris (02-02-2013)

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

For the record, TetherMe works with iOS 6. All updates to TetherMe have been free thus far.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

aidanharris (02-02-2013)

+ Reply
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast