+ Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IntelliScreenX 6, MyWi 6, Messages+, LockInfo, and Aloud Get iOS 6 Support

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy I used both trials for the lock info 5 and ISX6, had lock info 5 for a couple hours didn't like it, got the ISX6 trial
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    I used both trials for the lock info 5 and ISX6, had lock info 5 for a couple hours didn't like it, got the ISX6 trial instead and loved it instantly my trail expired last night so i had to pay $10, but seeing the difference for me personally the price is more then reasonable.

Have you purchased the $4.99 ISX6 library update? You must pay another $5 to update from ios5 to iOS 6 t
    That's Intelliborn. They break their apps so you have to pay for an upgrade for every new iOS version.

As a software engineer with 30 years of conmercial experience behind me, I can say categorically, that if I had pulled the sort of crap that Intelliborn are doing, I would have been unemployed and poor. MyWi costs 20 bucks, which is f*ing expensive for an iPhone app, and they want 5 bucks every time Apple upgrades. Not because their app is incompatible, but because they are greedy f*s. I hope someone cracks the app and plasters it all over the internet - they deserve no less.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DrDweeb View Post
    That's Intelliborn. They break their apps so you have to pay for an upgrade for every new iOS version.

As a software engineer with 30 years of conmercial experience behind me, I can say categorically, that if I had pulled the sort of crap that Intelliborn are doing, I would have been unemployed and poor. MyWi costs 20 bucks, which is f*ing expensive for an iPhone app, and they want 5 bucks every time Apple upgrades. Not because their app is incompatible, but because they are greedy f*s. I hope someone cracks the app and plasters it all over the internet - they deserve no less.
    Intelliborn has been notorious for charging to upgrade apps, I dont see that changing in the future. Its not the best sales idea to charge long time supporters to upgrade the app they have paid for already (adding up to $15) and then a new person will only pay $10. But it really is worth the money. I agree, it sucks, but its something we cant help.

The problem is they are one of a kind apps, right now there are only two options for lockscreen info tools; LockInfo and IntelliscreenX. I have tested both and i msut say Intelliscreen is the superior app and better than LockInfo in may ways. Though LockInfo has advantages as well.

Intelliborn needs to offer some sort of loyalty program or subscription. You pay one flat price and get access to all Intelliborn apps and future updates. Or the alternative is you choose to pay for all tehm seperatley and pay for future updates.
    Last edited by xxxhackaxxx; 02-10-2013 at 02:38 PM.

Thanks

Does anyone know how I can contact the support of IntelliscreenX ??

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryaninfg For This Useful Post:

dunster (02-11-2013)

Thanks

This is by far one of the biggest rip offs I've experienced... How you going to make previous buyers pay again, fit basically the same app. Didn't see to many new features added, just iOS6 capability really! This blows!!!

Ksc
    Lakers are the best
    Thanks

Dunster, I am having the same issue as you are with mywi and its also doing that on intelliscreen. They took my $5 for each app to be upgraded but I don't have a working app. If searched all over and this is the only place where I see someone talk about it. I've tried to remove and reinstall. Remove and reboot and then reinstall. Remove and reboot and run iCleaner and reinstall, and nothing works. I'm about to consider restoring my phone then jail breaking again but I really don't want to do that if there is a way to fix this. Cydia has been so slow that it will take me hours to download all my jail break tweaks and apps again. Not to mention to reinstall the 40 gigs of music back onto my phone. I looked at that twitter and they haven't posted anything for a few days. I'm starting to think they are aware of the problem and don't know how to fix it and are instead just enjoying the free money before they cash out and ride into the sunset.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is ISX 6 not free? I just installed it from cydia and didn't have to pay for anything? this is my 1st time jailbreaking/using cydia and maybe I have the trial free version or something but it didn't give an option to buy or anything, it just said intall so ..did I get something different? it looks just like the screen captures

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johndough13 View Post
    is ISX 6 not free? I just installed it from cydia and didn't have to pay for anything? this is my 1st time jailbreaking/using cydia and maybe I have the trial free version or something but it didn't give an option to buy or anything, it just said intall so ..did I get something different? it looks just like the screen captures
    You are running on the trial, which will end in 5 days I believe. Then you will have to pay the $10.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oh ok, thanks for responding

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Crippled
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksc View Post
    Dunster, I am having the same issue as you are with mywi and its also doing that on intelliscreen. They took my $5 for each app to be upgraded but I don't have a working app. If searched all over and this is the only place where I see someone talk about it. I've tried to remove and reinstall. Remove and reboot and then reinstall. Remove and reboot and run iCleaner and reinstall, and nothing works. I'm about to consider restoring my phone then jail breaking again but I really don't want to do that if there is a way to fix this. Cydia has been so slow that it will take me hours to download all my jail break tweaks and apps again. Not to mention to reinstall the 40 gigs of music back onto my phone. I looked at that twitter and they haven't posted anything for a few days. I'm starting to think they are aware of the problem and don't know how to fix it and are instead just enjoying the free money before they cash out and ride into the sunset.
    So Intelliborn not only crippled the APP I already paid for (MyWi 5.5x), so I cannot install it on iOS6.x., but hey also broke their "you have to pay again, *****" version for 6.x so it doesn't work at all?

What a joke.

Shame, because it is a good app. I use it for piggybacking multiple devices to a WiFi connection (or 3G since I don't have to worry about ATT and the US only issues of contracts and tethering).

I have broken out my old iPhone 3GS - the old version of MyWi runs fine on iOS 5.1.x and I can piggyback multiple devices to a single WiFi connection or 3G connection that way - carrying an extra device is a *****, but better than nothing.

Ksc
    Lakers are the best
    Thanks

It is a pain in the @$$ but I found a solution. I had to restore my iPhone 4S (which installed iOS 6.1.1) and then download the newest jailbreak software and rejailbreak. I then went into Cydia, logged into my account and was able to download mywi and intelliscreenx and then installed and worked and both say they are purchased.

The pain is that I have a 64GB and it was loaded with music and videos and a ton of jailbreak tweaks that I need to reinstall. I was smart and download PKGBackup so I hope most of my jailbreak stuff will come over. I wouldn't care so much if intelliborn would just say "sorry for the hassle but everyone needs to restore and rejailbreak and reinstall". If they came clean then I would accept that. Instead they haven't said anything. Which is bogus. If apple patches the jailbreak tomorrow and they then come out and say you need to restore, we are all effed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is why intelliborn isn't on the AppStore because they wouldn't get away with it in there, you don't see any other Dev's on the AppStore charging for upgrades when a new iOS is released, their greedy and I'm one of many waiting for a cracked version as their never getting money from me again, and to be honest I hope a cracked version gets out there and makes them loose money from full purchase new users also, their a joke.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ksc View Post
    It is a pain in the @$$ but I found a solution. I had to restore my iPhone 4S (which installed iOS 6.1.1) and then download the newest jailbreak software and rejailbreak. I then went into Cydia, logged into my account and was able to download mywi and intelliscreenx and then installed and worked and both say they are purchased.

The pain is that I have a 64GB and it was loaded with music and videos and a ton of jailbreak tweaks that I need to reinstall. I was smart and download PKGBackup so I hope most of my jailbreak stuff will come over. I wouldn't care so much if intelliborn would just say "sorry for the hassle but everyone needs to restore and rejailbreak and reinstall". If they came clean then I would accept that. Instead they haven't said anything. Which is bogus. If apple patches the jailbreak tomorrow and they then come out and say you need to restore, we are all effed.
    The point is that what you wrote does not work!!!

It is not possible to download the version you paid for (5.5.x probably) because the cydia install checks the iOS version and says, "pay $5 to buy upgrade for iOS6"

We are FORCED to pay $5 for no other reason than iOS got upgraded and re-jailboken.

Others have said that MyWi 6.x doesn't even work.
    There are no new features in MyWi.

Intelliborn are using the Cydia delivery system to sunset everybody's application and force them to buy an upgrade for the new iOS version.
    Intelliborn are offering ZERO improvements or functionality changes for MyWi, because the app is not missing anything.

Intelliborn are abusing the customer who supported them and paid for their product.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ryaninfg's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone else having issues with lockinfo?? I try to install but my phone won't respring. I have to bypass mobile substrate and uninstall it.

Thanks

MyWi6 works tethered, but not the wifi

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Tethered works seems slower and buggy since last update

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by towboattrash34 View Post
    MyWi6 works tethered, but not the wifi
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Tethered works seems slower and buggy since last update
    Pay for bugs - business model of the 21st century!

I had zero issues with the last release of 5.5x. I mostly use the WiFi sourced hotspot and it works a charm. Tethering was fine the few times I needed it.

Message to Intelliborn: Stop ******* your user base around.

They are at point .10 release now(?). Does it work yet?
    I would be happy with 5.5x on my iOS 6.x device. That's what I paid for after all!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Just Google it.

People have been caught on every platform. Really doesn't matter if there's any "protection."

All it takes is for the carrier to be looking at the right place and time and they can catch you.

Use tethering at your own risk. That's my only point.
    So you have no proof and every time you tout off your opinion it is just that, YOUR OPINION? You sound pretty sure of yourself for an opinion... Maybe you should be more clear that is is your opinion every time you say something that you have no proof to. This is like me going around telling everyone that apple can find out exactly when an individual device has been jailbroken (without any proof to my claims) and you should jailbreak at your own risk. It's counterproductive to what we are doing here is it not??

Everyone here should just go with PDAnet over mywi. The developer won't charge you for compatibility upgrades for each iOS and its on sale for like 15.99 right now.

Don't give intelliborn another dime!! If you wanna support Planetbeing for bringing us a jailbreak purchase his "signal 2" app from cydia.
    Last edited by djaquapimp; 03-03-2013 at 05:58 AM.
    mod/edit links removed.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djaquapimp View Post
    So you have no proof and every time you tout off your opinion it is just that, YOUR OPINION? You sound pretty sure of yourself for an opinion... Maybe you should be more clear that is is your opinion every time you say something that you have no proof to. This is like me going around telling everyone that apple can find out exactly when an individual device has been jailbroken (without any proof to my claims) and you should jailbreak at your own risk. It's counterproductive to what we are doing here is it not??

Everyone here should just go with PDAnet over mywi. The developer won't charge you for compatibility upgrades for each iOS and its on sale for like 15.99 right now.

Don't give intelliborn another dime!! If you wanna support Planetbeing for bringing us a jailbreak purchase his "signal 2" app from cydia.
    If you read through some of the older threads on this site (for example: AT&T Cracking Down on MyWi Tethering? and AT&T vs Unlimited Plan Users: Round 2) you'll see that people were judged by AT&T (and forced off their unlimited data plans) after using every variety of tethering app (tetherme, mywi & pdanet). There were even people who lost their unlimited data plans who weren't tethering and had never even been jailbroken.
    So here is my opinion (nothing more - just my opinion!)... AT&T never did anything as sophisticated as deep packet inspection. They just looked for patterns of data usage (probably with some random numbers thrown in for good measure) and were probably just trying to instill fear and doubt. In that regard their policy worked (those that were unjustly caught had no recourse to complain and AT&T didn't care). However, since AT&T effectively forced everybody off unlimited data through the introduction of throttling, I've not heard of anybody being 'caught' using unauthorized tethering. In that sense, I believe what Anthony says is correct. All tethering apps pose a risk, but if used judiciously, the risk these days is extremely tiny.

Having said that, I agree with you about PDANet. June Fabrics did at least make an effort to hide tethering usage with PDANet and they don't charge for updates.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

check out my tutorial on how to use and download my wi 6.0
    such a great app!

My Wi 6.0 Mobile Internet Hotspot iPhone/iPad Cydia App Review - YouTube