+ Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IntelliScreenX 6, MyWi 6, Messages+, LockInfo, and Aloud Get iOS 6 Support

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by jamuso Some people want to do this for $$$ others are more generous. So many wasted comments. uuuggghhhh. Some people as in just intelliborn? Since I can
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jamuso View Post
    Some people want to do this for $$$ others are more generous. So many wasted comments. uuuggghhhh.
    Some people as in just intelliborn? Since I can not for the life of me remember another group or individual developers that charge for a compatibility update. I've already decided I'm not upgrading unless I can pay the full $5 to planetbeing since he is apparently a dev on it. If I cannot do that then I will not be updating period and will be switching to lockinfo.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If its $5 this update how much will it be for the next?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    Then WHY do they charge for IntelliscreenX with every jailbreak?
    They tell you not to pay for a jailbreak but expect you to pay for every jailbreak version of IntelliscreenX?
    The gun is free. The ammo has a price.

Quote Originally Posted by davy4475 View Post
    If its $5 this update how much will it be for the next?
    $5

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quidam_brujah View Post
    The gun is free. The ammo has a price.
    So using this analogy I buy ISX and then don't use it. In theory as I haven't used the ammo I do not have to pay again. However intelliborn do not work like this so despite still having ammo I have to purchase more which just isn't at all ethical.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,838 Times in 876 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kamiel Walker View Post
    I'm shocked at the amount of cheap people on this site! 5 bucks for a capatible update and mass hysteria ensues! Jesus! These are mostly independent developers who have taken their skill and time to create some great mobile applications! For every one person that supports their apps, you have 10 people who use cracked versions of their app. Is it fair that the person who pays get penalized? No. Though, the reality is, I'll support them no matter what because I appreciate their work and product! Plus, it's NOT THAT EXPENSIVE!

Btw, I use to use both(ISX and MYWI)of these products in the past, but i no longer find "jailbreaking" useful or needed anymore. I legitimately pay for my tethering services and frown that y'all are complaining about paying five dollars to circumvent paying your wireless provider.

...whatever.
    I agree with some of this rant. I to pay for my tethering and its much more than 5 dollars a year lol. So complaining about that does seen a little crazy.

My only issue is charging current customers 5 bucks but not charging new customers. It just doesn't settle right for me

6. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

metaserph (02-06-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

You know, I can honestly see both sides of the coin with the upgrade price. On the one hand, Intelliscreen doesn't stand to make droves and droves of new users. By this I mean, a large number of their future users are likely already current users. So they need some form of income to keep coming in to make it worth it for them to keep updating their software to work with newer versions of iOS. At the same time, let's not forget that this very group would be dead in the water if it wasn't for the FREE work that the jailbreak teams do every year to even make this software usable to the masses...

On the other hand, I can see users, like myself, feeling shafted for having supported Intelliborn over the years. I have already purchased the original, I purchased the upgrade, and now I need to purchase the upgrade AGAIN, for an additional $5. Maybe if the price was slightly lower people (again, I include myself in this) would be happier, especially since no new features were actually added.

As it stands, Intelliscreen is only marginally better than what stock iOS provides (IMO). I have missed toggles, and weather on the home screen, but other than that, everything else is still there. Messages+ is also good, but again, only marginally better than a quick swipe to respond to texts (assuming you've set iOS 6 up as such).

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    My only issue is charging current customers 5 bucks but not charging new customers. It just doesn't settle right for me
    To be fair, this is what a lot of companies do, even Apple. Buy a Mac with previous version of OSX a month or two before the new one launches and they will upgrade you to the new version for free. It's really only with mobile OS's that we have seen this trend of free software updates.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 02-03-2013 at 12:48 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks
    Thanked 3,838 Times in 876 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    You know, I can honestly see both sides of the coin with the upgrade price. On the one hand, Intelliscreen doesn't stand to make droves and droves of new users. By this I mean, a large number of their future users are likely already current users. So they need some form of income to keep coming in to make it worth it for them to keep updating their software to work with newer versions of iOS. At the same time, let's not forget that this very group would be dead in the water if it wasn't for the FREE work that the jailbreak teams do every year to even make this software usable to the masses...

On the other hand, I can see users, like myself, feeling shafted for having supported Intelliborn over the years. I have already purchased the original, I purchased the upgrade, and now I need to purchase the upgrade AGAIN, for an additional $5. Maybe if the price was slightly lower people (again, I include myself in this) would be happier, especially since no new features were actually added.

As it stands, Intelliscreen is only marginally better than what stock iOS provides (IMO). I have missed toggles, and weather on the home screen, but other than that, everything else is still there. Messages+ is also good, but again, only marginally better than a quick swipe to respond to texts (assuming you've set iOS 6 up as such).

To be fair, this is what a lot of companies do, even Apple. Buy a Mac with previous version of OSX a month or two before the new one launches and they will upgrade you to the new version for free. It's really only with mobile OS's that we have seen this trend of free software updates.
    You have a good point. However we are talking about a 10 dollar app and not a 1400+ dollar computer lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I totally agree with everyone. What makes me really sad is I would have stayed on IOS 5.0.1 but my phone would lose signal every 5 min or say invalid sim and required me to upgrade to ios 6 and now everything is fine.... I don't see any note worthy features in intelliscreen to justify me paying another 5$ for an upgrade 10$ was already steep. They NEVER added any new features like IM instant reply with very popular IMs like whatsapp kakaotalk and line. I don't understand this company is both LAZY and GREEDY.

If they made it 1$ i would have been okay with that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    TetherMe is iOS 6-compatible and unlocks iOS' native tethering feature. Doesn't add any app icons to the home screen or any additional interfaces. I like how it takes advantage of what iOS already provides.
    Really? I never knew that.can AT&T tell if I'm tethering using Tetherme?

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,054 Times in 4,200 Posts

If ya use to much any of the tweaks will show up. If they looking

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Intelliborn should read this article:

Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - Study Finds Correlation Between iOS App Price Drops and Average Revenue Growth

Quote Originally Posted by Jj2345 View Post
    Really? I never knew that.can AT&T tell if I'm tethering using Tetherme?
    They use packet sniffing so there is a risk you will get caught. Also, the more you use it, the more likely you are to get caught.

AT&T doesn't have the staff or the time to analyse every bit of data that users send & receive. They do random spot-checks on random bits data. If they find out that you are using tethering without paying for it, you're busted.

I don't know about AT&T, but as far as I know, here in the UK, if they find out, they send you an SMS or e-mail, telling you that you need to pay for tethering, and if you don't stop doing it, they will add the fee to your next bill.
    Last edited by tomdotcom; 02-04-2013 at 04:31 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well I can see why an upgrade fee is frowned upon as a principle, but maybe they should have charged $175 one time fee and no upgrade fees. That is still substantially cheaper than buying the monthly plan from AT&T.

I bought originally for $20, happy to get the app and support the devs.
    I bought the update a couple versions ago and happy to support the devs.
    I will spend $5 and be happy to have an iOS 6 tether app!

I'm also happy that I have the equivalent of about one months AT&T fees invested for about 3 years of tethering!! Wow what a deal.

And as for all this talk about Apple not charging for updates, really people??? Apple is one of the guiltiest companies for gouging customers for things like an adapter for the new plug or $40 for a $.99 cost product.

I get the principle, but I think there may be some other points of views to consider.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why does MyWi 6 still say "Copyright Intelliborn 2012 MyWi 5.5" and the Bluetooth Tethering tab still refer to tethering to a "iOS 5 device"?

Thanks

Now if they will update My3G

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does anyone's MyWi 6 work? Mine crashes everytime when I enter a password for encryption.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey, I logged in here to voice my disgust.

I just got a New iPhone5, iOS 6.1, and upon Jailbreaking and reinstalling my Cydia apps, I discover that Intelliborn have seen fit to break the application (MyWi) for which I paid so that will no longer install. This, is c*nt of an act and completely out of line.

If this is what so called "serious" vendors in the JailBreak community do, then that is the last cent I spend on JailBreak apps.

I could have used a cracked version, but paid for the product because the app is high quality, well supported (bugfixes and updates) and I was happy to support what was clearly a solid development effort.

Breaking my application in order to f* me over for $5 is a broken idea.

It's not the money, it's the principle.

The probability of me (or anyone I know) buying anything else from Intelliborn is now zero. I wanted tethering on demand for my iPad, but screw it now.

I will now go and find a cracked version and install it.

Dweeb

Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,640 Posts

I have decided to update to ISX 6 and paid up 4.99 update . I like the interface features. Is unfortunate I have to pay 3 times altogether when I started using Intelliscreen from Intelliborn. Hopefully when ISX7 comes out I don't have to pay again.

Thanks

I purchaged Intellscreen 5 on my previous iPhone and now IntelliscreenX 6 for my iPhone 5 on iOS 6.1
    Now after 3 days, the app said: I have to download the license key.
    So I start the IntelliscreenX 6 app and downloaded the license, it said "Downloaded" and respring after download.
    But the app still stays in Trial condition.
    I have reinstall the app, redownloaded the license, but nothing happens, still in Trial mode.
    I have purchase the app with my gmail account and in Cydia I see the message: "Package Officially Purchased".

Intelliscreen 6 is now not working anymore because it is still in trial mode.
    I search for support but can not find any email address.
    That is why I place this problem here, I hope somebody can help me with this?

dunster

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

I used both trials for the lock info 5 and ISX6, had lock info 5 for a couple hours didn't like it, got the ISX6 trial instead and loved it instantly my trail expired last night so i had to pay $10, but seeing the difference for me personally the price is more then reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by dunster View Post
    I purchaged Intellscreen 5 on my previous iPhone and now IntelliscreenX 6 for my iPhone 5 on iOS 6.1
    Now after 3 days, the app said: I have to download the license key.
    So I start the IntelliscreenX 6 app and downloaded the license, it said "Downloaded" and respring after download.
    But the app still stays in Trial condition.
    I have reinstall the app, redownloaded the license, but nothing happens, still in Trial mode.
    I have purchase the app with my gmail account and in Cydia I see the message: "Package Officially Purchased".

Intelliscreen 6 is now not working anymore because it is still in trial mode.
    I search for support but can not find any email address.
    That is why I place this problem here, I hope somebody can help me with this?

dunster
    Have you purchased the $4.99 ISX6 library update? You must pay another $5 to update from ios5 to iOS 6 t

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    I used both trials for the lock info 5 and ISX6, had lock info 5 for a couple hours didn't like it, got the ISX6 trial instead and loved it instantly my trail expired last night so i had to pay $10, but seeing the difference for me personally the price is more then reasonable.

Have you purchased the $4.99 ISX6 library update? You must pay another $5 to update from ios5 to iOS 6 t
    I paid $4.99 for the update, coz I was a ISX5 user, but after paid and downloaded license, still in trial mode.

Does somebody know how I can reach the Intelliscreen helpdesk for my problem as described before?
    Last edited by dunster; 02-09-2013 at 03:10 AM.