Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IntelliScreenX 6, MyWi 6, Messages+, LockInfo, and Aloud Get iOS 6 Support

Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    I thought the jailbreak devs were against anyone making money from jailbreaking.
    Jailbreak is free. But Cydia has a "store" so people can make money from it.
    Some devs are against making money. See: http://fsf.org

Most devs aren't. The JB Dev Team frown on people charging for: jailbreaking tools, jailbreaking info, jailbreaking as a commercial service. They dont frown on people selling software FOR jailbroken devices.

On the other hand, some devs are crazy, and charge more money than is reasonable. Frequent recurrent charges (like Intelliborn) are a great revenue stream, but make users unhappy. There is little to no recourse-
    Your best bet is not buying it again, and warning other users not to make the same mistake. Unfortunately, "voting with your wallet" may not work either! When revenue starts dying off, the developer tends to look for other reasons- piracy, poor marketing, and not the ill will they may have created in the first place.

It's been said that any "price a customer is willing to pay" is the right price,
    and good will certainly doesn't pay the bills,
    but making a few extra bucks by pinching your customers where it hurts, is a bad business.
    imo

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    I'm going to respectfully have to disagree. People have been 'caught tethering' when they've never even been jailbroken. Most of the evidence points to pattern-matching, not packet sniffing. At one point, AT&T reps were even warning users not to stream Pandora radio onto their car's bluetooth stereo. You can get 'caught tethering' simply by using too much Netflix.
    AT&T has a track record of using high data use as an excuse for tethering.

I merely don't buy into the fact that any tethering tool has more "protection" than another. There's no way to disprove it, and no way to prove it, unless the developer shares source code.

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    I do agree with you. I supported intelliborn when it came out n ithink i paid 19.95 then I paid 6.99 for IntelliscreenX for IOS 5.0 as i accepted it cos of different management , now i have to pay again 4.99 for IOS 6. This is kind of sad. Apple doesn't charge for upgrade. I know you guys wants income from this app but not at the expense of current supporting users.
    I also paid for the update from iOS 4 to iOS 5. The main reason why I went forward with the purchase was because they added +Messages. It was a new feature and I was willing to accept the new tweak and support the devs. No new feature now. I know that other devs worked hard to update their tweaks to work on iOS 6 and they are not charging for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    AT&T has a track record of using high data use as an excuse for tethering.

I merely don't buy into the fact that any tethering tool has more "protection" than another. There's no way to disprove it, and no way to prove it, unless the developer shares source code.
    But there is one obvious distinction with PDANet. 'Level 2 Hiding' masquerades everything as mobile safari. You don't need source code to see the effect of that on your laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    But there is one obvious distinction with PDANet. 'Level 2 Hiding' masquerades everything as mobile safari. You don't need source code to see the effect of that on your laptop.
    If you feel that PDANet is a more secure platform, I would advise that you choose it over the competition.

My preference is TetherMe.

No one is making you pay for jailbreaking. Jailbreaking will always be free. You don't HAVE to get the app, which is an indirect result of having a jailbreak.

If you can't afford the application, go without it. There are alternatives in Cydia if you want to look at those instead.
    I've already paid for the app and this is one of the main reasons why I jailbreak so to have to pay a 2nd time for the same app is just stupid.

As I said, updating from 5.11 to 6.1 is free. jailbreaking is still free but updating an app is not free? Thats wrong and the dev should be kicked off Cydia for forcing people that updated to pay again.
    Its looking like if you update and jailbreak and already paid for intelliscreenx then you have to pay again which indirectly is paying to jailbreak.

He's done this for each jailbreak. I think it was the last 3 jailbreaks there has always been a paid for update to intelliscreenX. The paid updates only come with each jailbreak. so which I see is if you use and already paid for IntelliscreenX you have to pay to jailbreak to keep using it.

If the devs of IntelliscreenX want to charge for this update then they cant complain about a pirated version getting released.
    Last edited by b1997469; 02-02-2013 at 09:21 PM.

My preference is TetherMe.
    PDANet isn't yet iOS 6 compatible, so I may try your suggestion. Thanks.

So everyone here knows that @planetbeing is one of the main creators of intelliscreenX right? And @planetbeing is also one of the main devs working on this upcoming jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
    So everyone here knows that @planetbeing is one of the main creators of intelliscreenX right? And @planetbeing is also one of the main devs working on this upcoming jailbreak.
    Then WHY do they charge for IntelliscreenX with every jailbreak?
    They tell you not to pay for a jailbreak but expect you to pay for every jailbreak version of IntelliscreenX?

Well i dont think @planetbeing is in charge of what they charge, i think @intelliborn controls this. I dont agree with the update charge either. Especially when its half of what i originally paid. But i do agree in supporting the devs although id much rather give the money directly to @planetbeing.

Then WHY do they charge for IntelliscreenX with every jailbreak?
    They tell you not to pay for a jailbreak but expect you to pay for every jailbreak version of IntelliscreenX?
    A jailbreak and a jailbreak tweak are two different things. Jailbreaking is free. These devs also create tweaks and wish to sell them. Jay Freeman who made Cydia also created a paid jailbreak tweak called Cyntacts. Planetbeing can charge for ISX and other tweaks if he and Intelliborn decide too. This ISX update I believe should not be charged to existing customers. Last year's update was a charge with a tweak enhancement. No enhancements this year.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro2NR View Post
    I also paid for the update from iOS 4 to iOS 5. The main reason why I went forward with the purchase was because they added +Messages. It was a new feature and I was willing to accept the new tweak and support the devs. No new feature now. I know that other devs worked hard to update their tweaks to work on iOS 6 and they are not charging for the update.
    Even as a moderator, I don't take sides I see what is justifiable n I will voice it out. Hope the programmer of ITX n MyWi hears our remarks n reconsider its decisions

13. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

raduga (02-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    It's included in the family share plan so I'd say free but the plan pretty much rapes you so...
    That's what I have, love having the free tethering but the price of the family share plan is way to much... But Verizon's customer service Is absolutely amazing and worth it

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Even as a moderator, I don't take sides I see what is justifiable n I will voice it out. Hope the programmer of ITX n MyWi hears our remarks n reconsider its decisions
    As a dev and a human being, I hope this too.
    But complaints about pricing are difficult to "hear", because customers always complain.
    Once you learn to filter those out, its open sailing (until the cluebat whaps you upside the head).

Maybe they'll listen to data:
    App Sales Work: Five-Day iPhone App Price Drops Boost Downloads By 1,665%; On iPad, By 871%; Revenue Growth By Day 3 | TechCrunch

I support the devs too as I paid for it already.
    And I keep supporting the devs as I just brought an app yesterday so I do pay for apps but I refuse to pay twice for the same app and refuse to pay for an update.

mod edit
    Last edited by EVO; 02-03-2013 at 02:14 AM.

Thanks, I will now be looking
    best be looking someplace else

18. The Following User Says Thank You to raduga For This Useful Post:

GrumpySod (02-03-2013)

Woah! Need to pay another 4.99 for mywi? Well, your not getting my money...

Thanks

This is straight BS!!! Having to pay for the ISX6 upgrade!!! Not getting anymore money from me!

I'm shocked at the amount of cheap people on this site! 5 bucks for a capatible update and mass hysteria ensues! Jesus! These are mostly independent developers who have taken their skill and time to create some great mobile applications! For every one person that supports their apps, you have 10 people who use cracked versions of their app. Is it fair that the person who pays get penalized? No. Though, the reality is, I'll support them no matter what because I appreciate their work and product! Plus, it's NOT THAT EXPENSIVE!

Btw, I use to use both(ISX and MYWI)of these products in the past, but i no longer find "jailbreaking" useful or needed anymore. I legitimately pay for my tethering services and frown that y'all are complaining about paying five dollars to circumvent paying your wireless provider.

...whatever.

Default IntelliscreenX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamiel Walker View Post
    I'm shocked at the amount of cheap people on this site! 5 bucks for a capatible update and mass hysteria ensues! Jesus! These are mostly independent developers who have taken their skill and time to create some great mobile applications! For every one person that supports their apps, you have 10 people who use cracked versions of their app. Is it fair that the person who pays get penalized? No. Though, the reality is, I'll support them no matter what because I appreciate their work and product! Plus, it's NOT THAT EXPENSIVE!

Btw, I use to use both(ISX and MYWI)of these products in the past, but i no longer find "jailbreaking" useful or needed anymore. I legitimately pay for my tethering services and frown that y'all are complaining about paying five dollars to circumvent paying your wireless provider.

...whatever.
    If you dont want to pay for the upgrade then dont get it. Complaining that it's BS - IS BS. It's continuing work for their commercial product. If they get a few bucks for the major upgrades then so be it. The idea of charging once and then expecting never ending support with out compensation is absurd. Some people want to do this for $$$ others are more generous. So many wasted comments. uuuggghhhh.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast