+ Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IntelliScreenX 6, MyWi 6, Messages+, LockInfo, and Aloud Get iOS 6 Support

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Pedro2NR You're just quoting the article. This upgrade fee is unacceptable. Would apple charge an extra $4.99 when they update their Pages app for a newer iOS
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro2NR View Post
    You're just quoting the article. This upgrade fee is unacceptable. Would apple charge an extra $4.99 when they update their Pages app for a newer iOS version? Or any app for that matter.
    I can understand adding more features and options for a jailbreak tweak. However, the developers are only making it iOS 6 compatible.
    I do agree with you. I supported intelliborn when it came out n ithink i paid 19.95 then I paid 6.99 for IntelliscreenX for IOS 5.0 as i accepted it cos of different management , now i have to pay again 4.99 for IOS 6. This is kind of sad. Apple doesn't charge for upgrade. I know you guys wants income from this app but not at the expense of current supporting users.
    Last edited by iYeow; 02-02-2013 at 04:29 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I ended up just updating messages+ by itself and using tetherme.

I guess I don't "really" use intelliscreenx that much.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I wish Cydia had reviews/comments for tweaks. It would be very useful and we could return the favor to companies like intelliborn by making sure every potential buyer knows of the never ending charges to keep your software running on the latest ios
    mod/edit links removed.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 766 Posts

Thanks

i agree. this is why I use PDANet instead...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Don't think I will bother upgrading intelliscreen when I use the new jailbreak! Not amused at the price! I can also see this make some people decide to use a cracked version (I don't condone this) but people will want it and will likely look for it else where when they feel they are being taken for a ride!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

And he wonders why people result to piracy? Why would I want to pay again for this?!

Shady is as shady does. He wants to go this route, I'll go mine.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Might wanna watch what u say here. If u don't like prices, don't buy. That sends a message too. Stealing it is just wrong either way.

Thanks

Aloud has been added to this list. Aloud was updated for iOS 6 today and allows for spoken notifications on iOS.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I paid for IntelliScreen, full price. Then got hit for the "upgrade" fee for IntelliScreenX. Now, yet another fee? F that.

Way to do business.

Thanks
    Wtf?! I have pay for MyWi again?!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aidanharris View Post
    Yes but why is that? If I buy a piece of software and then said piece of software stops working on a newer operating system I would expect a free patch to be made available to everyone to get it to work again. By charging existing users for exactly the same thing they have but with no new features is just wrong. Of course I do realise what I own is a license to use the software as opposed to the software itself so bringing this up is pointless really. My point is you don't see tetherme charging its users to use their tweak on iOS 6 do you?
    How about not having mywi work for several version of ios, reported it and given the basic runaround instructions of 'reboot-reinstall' with nothing helpful that worked. I loved it when it did work, but I think it's been since 5 that it's not been working for me. I gave up on it.

Isn't Intelliborn 'owned/merged/reorged' with SaurikIT as part of Rock?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andydigital View Post
    Looks like I'm going back to using Lockinfo then, I'm not paying those robbing beeps another penny. MyWi hardly ever bloody worked anyway and IntelliscreenX is overpriced tripe.

Yeah me too i wont be over paying for that tweak i already pay for it ones and i shouldn't be paying again they don't care a bout there customers i will buy "LockInfo" for sure, wont be giving them more money they suck

Banned
    Thanks

So a dev is making money from jailbreaking and nobody complains?
    IntelliscreenX is the ONLY app that you have to pay for with each jailbreak so he's making money from jailbreaking.
    So anyone that brought IntelliscreenX and updated to IOS6 and wants to jailbreak and use IntelliscreenX are forced to pay. THATS SO WRONG.
    I thought the jailbreak devs were against anyone making money from jailbreaking.

If you pay for an app it should like like EVERY OTHER APP and get FREE updates. You dont see Apple charging iPhone users to pay for the update, you dont see the dev teams making people pay for the jailbreak its only YOU, the dev of IntelliscreenX who forces people to pay each time you update and jailbreak.

THAT IS SO WRONG.

I will probably get banned for this but its so worth it if everyone reads it and hears what I'm saying.
    DO NOT give this low life dev money. DO NOT buy the new version of IntelliscreenX.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 02-02-2013 at 07:51 PM.

Thanks

No one is making you pay for jailbreaking. Jailbreaking will always be free. You don't HAVE to get the app, which is an indirect result of having a jailbreak.

If you can't afford the application, go without it. There are alternatives in Cydia if you want to look at those instead.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-02-2013 at 07:16 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro2NR View Post
    Sign this petition to make these updates free.
    twitition - No Intelliscreenx Upgrade Fee
    Signed.

This is the only jailbreak app you have to pay for with each jailbreak and is so wrong.
    Lets get Saurik to kick him out of Cydia for his crap.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ryaninfg's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess supporting new tweaks is useless these days if later down the road you have to keep supporting..

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    All of the carriers can still tell when you're not tethering legitimately. Everyone takes a risk on their own watch when they download tethering apps/tweaks.
    Anthony, do you have evidence that PDANet's "Hide Tethering" feature actually doesn't? That would be interesting to see for those folks
    that plan on using PDANet once an iOS6-compatible version becomes available. Not that I would ever use that. I would always download the file onto my phone first and then transfer it to my laptop, so as not to heinously and criminally infringe/violate the terms of my carrier's contract :/

BTW, the following list of iOS 6 compatible tweaks might be a useful read. It's not exhaustive, but it's a start:

List Of iOS 6 Compatible Essential Cydia Tweaks And Apps | Redmond Pie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    Anthony, do you have evidence that PDANet's "Hide Tethering" feature actually doesn't? That would be interesting to see for those folks
    that plan on using PDANet once an iOS6-compatible version becomes available. Not that I would ever use that. I would always download the file onto my phone first and then transfer it to my laptop, so as not to heinously and criminally infringe/violate the terms of my carrier's contract :/

BTW, the following list of iOS 6 compatible tweaks might be a useful read. It's not exhaustive, but it's a start:

List Of iOS 6 Compatible Essential Cydia Tweaks And Apps | Redmond Pie
    Just Google it.

People have been caught on every platform. Really doesn't matter if there's any "protection."

All it takes is for the carrier to be looking at the right place and time and they can catch you.

Use tethering at your own risk. That's my only point.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Just Google it.

People have been caught on every platform. Really doesn't matter if there's any "protection."

All it takes is for the carrier to be looking at the right place and time and they can catch you.

Use tethering at your own risk. That's my only point.
    I'm going to respectfully have to disagree. People have been 'caught tethering' when they've never even been jailbroken. Most of the evidence points to pattern-matching, not packet sniffing. At one point, AT&T reps were even warning users not to stream Pandora radio onto their car's bluetooth stereo. You can get 'caught tethering' simply by using too much Netflix.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast