+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Flex' Lets You Create Modifications for Your iOS Device

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by pakitos Am I the only one who will probably get this to hide that stupid newstand? Yes. There are other ways to hide newsstand. You don't even
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pakitos View Post
    Am I the only one who will probably get this to hide that stupid newstand?
    Yes. There are other ways to hide newsstand. You don't even need to be jail broken. It's via passbook. Google it.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Yes. There are other ways to hide newsstand. You don't even need to be jail broken. It's via passbook. Google it.
    There's also the StifleStand app.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Raybeast's Avatar
    Thanks

Default No its not
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCoates View Post
    Sorry about that! It was a temporary bug while I was adding download counts to Cloud patches, all fixed now.

This is a problem with the pirated version.
    I'll have you know I bought Flex from cydia. I payed my $4. I fixed it by reinstalling it then changing some code. Don't jump to conclusions.

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

Guys can i use this to tweak the alarm so that when it goes off, i have to solve a math question in order to turn off the alarm?? Its not my idea... Theres an actual tweak that does that, its called mathAlarmPlus but it doesnt support ios 6 and i dont think the dev. Will upgrade it...

Also: is it illegal to do so? Considering its not my idea ( btw im not planning on selling it or anything like that )
    Last edited by Faresismail; 02-02-2013 at 09:02 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcon1208 View Post
    As a software developer who hasn't had the time to learn objective C yet, I'm like a kid in a candy store! I'm gonna have fun with this.
    I'm the other side of this. As a developer who has published a Cydia tweak and two App Store apps, I admire the developer who wrote this, but I will hate those kids who will feel like "total hackerz0rs" thanks to this tool (PS: I'm not saying you will do that! But there will be lots of script kiddies out there...).

But that's probably just me.
    Last edited by Leonnears; 02-04-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raybeast View Post
    I'll have you know I bought Flex from cydia. I payed my $4. I fixed it by reinstalling it then changing some code. Don't jump to conclusions.
    What "code" did you tweak....? Just curious

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I just removed the Ads from TV Catchup :-) instant watching of TV, this little app is cool & easy to use.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

what a great app! i have to say i've always preferred all-in-one type apps when it comes to my tweaks, such as springtomize, etc...
    i've already bought and installed it, and downloaded some tweaks, and look forward to figuring out some on my own. i love the idea of being able to use Flex to replace the multitudes of separate tweaks i had previously used from Cydia

i have one question tho on that line of thought. is there any advantage to using Flex, resource-wise, as opposed to having multiple tweaks installed from Cydia, other than the aesthetic of having them all in one place? as in will it be any easier on the phone's memory management, or does it basically take the same memory-toll? i only ask because if there's no real difference or advantage, i may save myself the hours of time figuring out how to replicate some of the more complicated ones

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by D1g1K1d View Post
    is there any advantage to using Flex, resource-wise, as opposed to having multiple tweaks installed from Cydia, other than the aesthetic of having them all in one place?
    I don't know about resource-wise but because it actually modifies the apps code instead of using a mobilesubstrate patch, it appears to me that enabled Flex tweaks seem
    to work even in safe mode.
    I would assume there is a resource benefit as well (I know nothing about coding so its likely i'm wrong) because I think that a mobilesubstrate tweak, like for example a tweak that removes the "Sponsored Apps" links in the Facebook app, would need to sit in the background and go "hey has Facebook started yet? no? how about now?" while as Flex is integrated into the apps code so the Facebook app would look at it's code and say something like "Okay this line of code says 'DisplaySponsoredAds' is set to False" without needing to have something in the background all the time to tell it that it should be false

iPhone? More like MyPhone jps1012's Avatar
    Thanks
    How is this app?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    do you guys install beta flex from Flex Beta Repo.. Bec when i want to use any tweak on Flex 1.11 and its said taht " this patch was made with Flex v1.115, you're on 1.11. Upgrade Flex in Cydia or download the latest Flex Beta. Do i have to unstall Flex 1.11 to install Beta Flex ?? or will it overwrite it ??

iPhone? More like MyPhone ABOSWORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

This seems cool.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is a great app, very easy to use as I mess around with it. I'm new to Flex and have no code experience but would like to learn more about it. I really just want to know how put "time until my alarm goes off" in the lockscreen either notification center or in itelliscreenx. Could this app do that if I got smart on it? OCD is kickin in. Any help would be great! Also, could I mess up my iPhone permanently with Flex or would Mobile Sub be a buffer from my lack of knowledge? I'm a trial and error type

"The Original Modsta" _Vansmak_'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,868 Times in 1,227 Posts

Love this tweak once I figure it out. Want to remove ads from mmi app. Lol. Anyone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is anyone still having problems with flex displaying on ipad

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Anyone know how to disable jailbreak detection on skygo? The old sky go and xcon don't seem to work on ip5

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12