+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Several Jailbreak Tweaks Receive Updates Today, Available and Upcoming

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
With the upcoming iOS 6 jailbreak called evasi0n just around the corner, jailbreak developers are rushing to update their jailbreak tweaks and apps for both iOS 6 support and to
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Several Jailbreak Tweaks Receive Updates Today, Available and Upcoming

With the upcoming iOS 6 jailbreak called evasi0n just around the corner, jailbreak developers are rushing to update their jailbreak tweaks and apps for both iOS 6 support and to add some additional features. In this post we will tell you about some of the available and upcoming jailbreak tweak updates that are currently, or will be very soon, fresh in Cydia as of February 1.

1. Auxo (Version 1.3) – Available

The developers of Auxo have prepared a new version of the jailbreak tweak that will improve its stability and add some new features to the already-awesome new app switcher interface.

The update to version 1.3 will fix the quality of the large artwork view, and include support for store snapshots in the App Switcher. Originally, snapshots of stores like the App Store and iTunes would be blank in the Auxo interface, a problem which has been fixed so Auxo will now start displaying whatever you were viewing in the store when you closed the store application.

Additionally, the update will add the ability to have 5 toggles per row, instead of 4, on the toggle page, so people that use a lot of toggles won't have to scroll around as much. VIP applications have also been introduced so that Auxo will now ask you before closing applications that you mark as VIP applications.

Auxo 1.3 is live in Cydia right now.

2. Bridge (Version 1.1) – Available

Bridge, a wonderful way to import media to your iOS device's media applications, will be receiving support for the iPhone 5 and iPod touch 5G’s four-inch display in version 1.1. The update will also fix a bug that caused duplicate songs upon importing in iOS 6.

As for features, Bridge 1.1 makes imports much faster, adds the ability to import a whole album at once, and adds the ability to set cover images from your photo library. Users will also be able to filter displayed files so that only ones that can be imported will be displayed. This will help eliminate confusion when using the application.

Also, the track number field has been added to the metadata of imported files, and the main interface, as well as the instructions page, has been revamped.

Bridge 1.1 is live in Cydia right now.

3. AppLocker (Version 2.1.4) – Available

AppLocker, a popular way to set passcodes for certain applications and improve the overall security of iOS, has been updated today with full support for iOS 6. The support also extends to iOS 5 and iOS 4 users.

AppLocker 2.1.4 is live in Cydia right now.

4. FlagPaint (Version 1.1) – Upcoming

FlagPaint, a popular jailbreak tweak for changing the appearance of your notification banners, has received an update that will integrate a new banner design from iOS concept designer Sentry_NC, and will include support for iOS 6.

FlagPaint 1.1 has been submitted and is currently awaiting approval.

More tweaks will be updated as time goes by, so stay tuned!
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-02-2013 at 09:12 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

supermadore (02-01-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jj2345's Avatar
    Thanks

Im Very excited about my iphone 5 finally being jailbroken!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

The one thing that is going to suck when they release the jailbreak, is that it will be 1 extremely hard to get evasi0n its self, and 2, once you jailbreak, all the cydia repos will be overloaded and you wont be able to download anything anyway. I remember when the 4S was jailbroke, it was a good week before I could get back into Cydia. Anthony, do you know if modmyi repo is prepared, or is it an inevitable thing?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tayman View Post
    The one thing that is going to suck when they release the jailbreak, is that it will be 1 extremely hard to get evasi0n its self, and 2, once you jailbreak, all the cydia repos will be overloaded and you wont be able to download anything anyway. I remember when the 4S was jailbroke, it was a good week before I could get back into Cydia. Anthony, do you know if modmyi repo is prepared, or is it an inevitable thing?
    Cydia will come pre-primed with the jailbreak, so don't worry too much about the overloaded repos. Saurik doesn't expect it to be anywhere near as bad as with the iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak release.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

catstide (02-01-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone regkilla's Avatar
    Thanks

Bridge one of my favorite tweaks

rcm
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't believe there will be any major problems with servers, I think a reason for the waiting is also that they are preparing the system for the load, specially from the iPhone 5 users.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Sbsetting hands free , mobile 360

Thanks

Any news on multifl0w or Airblue sharing. They are two tweaks I like to use a lot and are reportedly broken in iOS 6...

Thanks

How can we know whether my iphone is tethered or un tethered.?? And is there jailbreak available for ios 6.1 in iphone4??

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kaurat View Post
    How can we know whether my iphone is tethered or un tethered.?? And is there jailbreak available for ios 6.1 in iphone4??
    The answers are all in the news.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaurat View Post
    Untethered means you can reboot and still access your jailbreak tweaks and app. Tethered means you need to boot tethered when you reboot or else jailbreak apps like Cydia will just crash.

Thanks

Any clue as to the much-anticipated update of Springtomize 2 (or maybe even a new Springtomize 3)? I would love to see this hit Cydia, as it is an amazing package to download. Also, I understand Winterboard isn't fully compatible with iOS 6+, so I was wondering if this is something we should expect a fix for or not?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by f10M4N31 View Post
    Any clue as to the much-anticipated update of Springtomize 2 (or maybe even a new Springtomize 3)? I would love to see this hit Cydia, as it is an amazing package to download. Also, I understand Winterboard isn't fully compatible with iOS 6+, so I was wondering if this is something we should expect a fix for or not?
    In due time, both will be updated. Springtomize 3, most likely, for iOS 6.

Thanks

What about mywi??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuanyu View Post
    What about mywi??
    Not yet updated. TetherMe on the other hand supports iOS 6, according to the spreadsheet on Google Docs.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tayman View Post
    If Cydia is slow to load when the jailbreak is released I usually will just delete the Zottd repo and re-add it later. This is the one that usually can't handle the volume at first and will slow your Cydia down. Just go to sources and delete it. You can always put it back. I always delete Ultrasn0w repo also since I have Verizon iPhones and that unlock stuff doesn't work on Verizon. Just a tip for when it's released. Once the noobs and first time jailbreakers lose interest, the repo loading will speed back up. CAN'T WAIT!! I'm so excited to just have Activator, SBSettings & BiteSMS on my 5!!!!

Thanks

Update count currently at 38:

Think I'll just update my iOS now in preparation for what I hope will be tomorrow

iPhone? More like MyPhone chriscoyne's Avatar
    Thanks

Handy Cydia 6.x App, Mod, Tweak Compatibility list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...kE&pli=1#gid=0
    If you find my Postings useful or interesting. Press the .... Thanks Button.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    The update will also fix a bug that caused duplicate songs upon importing in iOS 6.
    Is there a way to remove them manually in the SSH ? I believe there something about that subject in the forum, could someone give me a link to a thread please...
    Last edited by TOOHOTFORTV; 02-03-2013 at 06:41 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Auxo could have been a really useful app. This app would be perfect without the screenshots in place of the icons. I like the improved music controls and the toggles in the task switcher, but there is a good reason why icons are used in the switcher instead of screenshots: the screenshots are so tiny as to be indistinguishable. This feature is a tech demo and not a viable interface mod. Too bad this can't be disabled in the settings.