Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apply Filters to Your Photographs From the Camera Roll With 'PhotoFilters'

Default Apply Filters to Your Photographs From the Camera Roll With 'PhotoFilters'

Why download social networking or photo-editing applications from the App Store to apply filters to your photographs, when you can do it directly from the stock camera roll? Apple doesn’t let you do this, but a new jailbreak tweak will. Dubbed PhotoFilters by iOS developer FelixCat, the new tweak will let you apply filters to photographs right from your camera roll without needing any third party applications from the App Store.

After you get the tweak installed, you’ll be able to start snapping pictures and applying photograph filters to them in no time. Right after you snap a picture, just head over to your camera roll and you’ll notice a new filter button right next to the edit button. Tap on the filter button, and you’ll get pushed into a new interface with a ton of filter options that you can scroll through and tap to preview. Below is an example of two of the filters offered:

There are a total of 10 different filters you can pick from. In addition, the tweak can even apply blurs to the photographs for you, so you can add the illusion of depth of field. The blur is movable and scalable:

The tweak does save both a copy of the original photograph and the newly filtered photograph, so don’t be worried about losing your precious original version forever. You can also combine your filter edits with edits from the built-in iOS editing features that were introduced in iOS 5. After you’ve edited your photograph, you can share it with anyone you want to via SMS, iMessage, or through your social networking sites.

One annoying part of the tweak that we noticed is that the bar at the bottom of the interface seems to overlay the filter previews that you can tap on to apply filters. Unfortunately there’s no way to dismiss that, but at least the filters do their job. PhotoFilters is not compatible with the iPad, and it requires iOS 5 or higher.

If you're into photograph filters, you can grab this tweak right now from the BigBoss repository for just $1.

Name: PhotoFilters
    Price: $1
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iPhone or iPod touch, iOS 5+
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: FelixCat
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wargasmtornado's Avatar
    Thanks

Emailed the dev yesterday about it,the bottom bar problem will be fixed in the coming week
    ipod 4G,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    iphone 4,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    i really,really hate using Winterboard

Look forward to installing this on Sunday.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wargasmtornado's Avatar
    Thanks

Not a bad tweak so far,played around with a few pics & added filters etc,worth the Dollar in my book :-)
    ipod 4G,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    iphone 4,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    i really,really hate using Winterboard

Also developer said the bar at the bottom would be gone in the next update to me, too.

Unable to Purchase: This product is not currently certified.....

I'm on the iPhone 5. Thought this was supposed to work with it, but guess not. Any word on if/when it will be updated to work on the 5?

Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
    Unable to Purchase: This product is not currently certified.....

I'm on the iPhone 5. Thought this was supposed to work with it, but guess not. Any word on if/when it will be updated to work on the 5?
    No word yet.

This needs to be made compatible w/the iPhone 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Also developer said the bar at the bottom would be gone in the next update to me, too.
    Any word on if the blur bug will be fixed? Every time i hit the filter tab, it blurs the crap out of the photo & thats BEFORE i have even hit the blur tab, I like the tweak but i dont really see the point of filters if it blurs the detail out of it automatically.