+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The evasi0n iOS 6 Jailbreak is 75% Done, Linux Being Worked On, Private Testing Begins

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by glamzaboy71 They released stifleboard for mac users before window users ! They should release the versions avalable so it wont get swamped all at once ! That's
    Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by glamzaboy71 View Post
    They released stifleboard for mac users before window users !

They should release the versions avalable so it wont get swamped all at once !
    That's what I said. But screw it. Tomorrow we dine in hell.
    Every man or woman for themselves lol

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    That's what I said. But screw it. Tomorrow we dine in hell.
    Every man or woman for themselves lol
    Sorry , I did'nt read all the posts

Thanks
    Thanked 8,441 Times in 4,286 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Just FYI, Cydia does "know" weather or not the dependency is installed. When you install a package that has dependencies, Cydia checks to see if you have them installed or not. Then if you don't have them, it grabs them too. If a tweak needs 5 dependencies and you already have 2 of them installed, then it will just install the other 3. I'm really not sure how you make sure you got them all, unless you completely uninstall all your tweaks and reinstall them and then after your JB on your 5 you install them in the same order.

Does that make sense? Trying not to write a novel here.
    Makes perfect sense King. JUST so I can be a learner I'm going to do just that. Since the JB is coming tomorrow I'm gonna reset my 4S to 5.1.1 with the redsn0w tool. That will clear everything out. I have EVERYTHING backed up in my 4S. Took me an hour.. Then I'm going to use the install method one by one of the main tweaks for themeing (which is all people really want on Day1 of JB - something other than than awful stock screen.. LOL!). IN that process of onloading, let's say gridlock - this time before I hit RestartSpringboard - in the cache/apt/archives folder I should see Gridlock.deb AND MobileSubstrate.deb - if my hunch is correct.

I fully agree now - that using JUST the REINSTALL method only would leave dependency files ungrabable. Moving to a fresh install of the old jailbreakable iOS (in this case 5.1.1) THEN doing the install and saving of .debs should overcome that obstacle and still have you 'beat the system' of waiting for Cydia on day 1. Yes, - I know - now "I'M"writing the novel.. sorry gang.. Just have to try this once.

Watch Saurik's 'newer faster' Cydia have NO waiting lines.. Doubtful - but great!

For those interested - IF you do a full reinstally of 5.1.1 and reget tweaks from Cydia you can save a clean PKGBackup of all the stuff that's stable - and then IF indeed the Cydia servers are not that clogged (since PKGBkup accesses Cydia servers for restoring) - you can at least not have to restore '1x1'...

For those for whom this is convoluted -- no worries. Some of us are JUST this geeky.. LOL!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

aidanharris (02-02-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,322 Times in 5,975 Posts

Good luck bro. I think this way will get you as close as you can to a good experience. I was gonna recommend doing a re-restore, but I really didn't want to put you there. Glad you decided that on your own.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 778 Posts

Sorry, all! Been at my daughters' soccer game.

To clarify everything...

Using Gridlock as our example:
    -In the .deb file, it contains a Description (aka Control File) of the Gridlock tweak.
    -This description identifies what pre or post install dependency files are required for Gridlock.
    -These pre or post install .deb files ARE NOT included w/ Gridlock but are 'searched for' in Cydia prior to the installation of Gridlock.

If/when these pre or post .deb files are found, then Cydia will install everything at the same time.
    -If you already have those .deb files installed on your phone, then Cydia will install 'just' the Gridlock.deb.

To take it a step further:
    -A .deb 'might' even have 'PreInstall' or 'PostInstall' files that tell the phone what to do before or after the package is installed. One example is the Respring or Reboot message you receive after something's installed.

I spent hours and hours restoring and rejailbreaking to figure out what dependency files were 'needed' to avoid server traffic during a jailbreak release. It was tedious work but rewarding once I figured it all out!
    Last edited by thazsar; 02-02-2013 at 12:26 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-02-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,322 Times in 5,975 Posts

I love my kids soccer games. I got 2 that play HS and competitive and a 3rd that plays just recreational. I coached competitive for 10 years, but had to take this year off.

Enjoy bro, and thanks for the info.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

FYI, it looks like Cydia has updated some more dependency files. I will be 'hopefully' adding those to my Dependency Tweak for tomorrow's release.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    FYI, it looks like Cydia has updated some more dependency files. I will be 'hopefully' adding those to my Dependency Tweak for tomorrow's release.
    I WILL take you up on your kind offer, Thazsar if you'd PM me a link. Much appreciated. But to be a learner - I'm re-restoring my 4S to 5.1.1 to watch what dependencies are associated with what themeing tweaks. My guess is as I load Gridlock, for example - BEFORE I clik Restart Springboard or Return to Cydia the Archives folder in cache/apt will show me all .debs associated with that tweak. Do you agree?

Thanks again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I WILL take you up on your kind offer, Thazsar if you'd PM me a link. Much appreciated. But to be a learner - I'm re-restoring my 4S to 5.1.1 to watch what dependencies are associated with what themeing tweaks. My guess is as I load Gridlock, for example - BEFORE I clik Restart Springboard or Return to Cydia the Archives folder in cache/apt will show me all .debs associated with that tweak. Do you agree?

Thanks again.
    Yes! But even easier than that, when you select Gridlock in Cydia and get to the (preinstall) window showing you what's gonna be installed, it'll list everything that will be put on your device. Screenshot that and you'll have a list of all its dependencies!

In fact, I'll post a link on here to my website which will have the .deb file for anyone to use if all else fails!

I can't get it onto my repo cuz of some weird thing that will shut the entire repo down if I add or modify anything to it.... :-(
    Last edited by thazsar; 02-02-2013 at 01:05 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-02-2013), NewdestinyX (02-02-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Yes! But even easier than that, when you select Gridlock in Cydia and get to the (preinstall) window showing you what's gonna be installed, it'll list everything that will be put on your device. Screenshot that and you'll have a list of all its dependencies!

In fact, I'll post a link on here to my website which will have the .deb file for anyone to use if all else fails!

I can't get it onto my repo cuz of some weird thing that will shut the entire repo down if I add or modify anything to it.... :-(
    Yes, I've been takng screen shot on the preinstall window - saw that immediately as I was reloading from a fresh re-restore of 5.1.1.

That list posting will be ANXIOUSLY awaited, my friend. Appreciate your help for those of us 'oh so impatient ones'. Tomorrow's a big work day for me - so I'll only have my laptop at work and I want to have all my 'stuff' ready to go on the laptop tonight before I head to bed. Chances are - it will be LATE in the day tomorrow if at all. But not long now.

This has been a HUGE learning process for me and will take me to another level as a helper around here for noobs and a modder myself. After I get up and running on 6.1 tomorrow my next undertaking is to write up everything I learned (as you have) - and share it - and then start on my first Widget - which I think I'm just about ready to undertake. :-) Your and King's and Simon's help has been INVALUABLE today. Thanks, guys!!

Thanks

I've updated my website w/ my Dependency Tweak and added Winterboard and MobileTerminal in case someone needs those right away.

I haven't tested my tweak since I don't have a lot if time but here you go!

*Sorry about the stupid ad that keeps popping up...Click anywhere on the screen to make it disappear*
    iTortrix - Keep Feeding...

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-03-2013), Simon (02-03-2013)

Thanks

It was just released! I got it on the update of them putting in the links... one of the first :P

Enjoy guys

Livin the iPhone Life Dark_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

yup..

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456