Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ten Great iOS 6-Compatible Tweaks You'll Want to Try When the iOS 6 Jailbreak Debuts

Default Ten Great iOS 6-Compatible Tweaks You'll Want to Try When the iOS 6 Jailbreak Debuts

iOS hacker pod2g announced the launch of the iOS 6 jailbreak Web site yesterday, which houses the soon-to-be download links for the jailbreak tool that will be called evasi0n. It’s not out yet, but it’s pretty close. We have posted an optional guide that users can follow to get their iOS devices ready for the iOS 6 jailbreak when it drops. In the mean time, we will also show you some great iOS 6-compatible jailbreak tweaks, so you will have somewhere to start when you jailbreak your iOS 6 device.

Note: Because the iPhone 5 has never been jailbroken before, we cannot guarantee that all of these tweaks will work on the iPhone 5. Not even the developers of the tweaks know for sure if they will work properly yet. They do work on the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and the likes running iOS 5 or iOS 6.

1. Auxo

Auxo is a relatively new jailbreak tweak that “fixes” Apple’s broken App Switcher. It shows previews of the applications rather than just their application icons. In addition, you can take advantage of a redesigned music control page, and a toggle page beyond that. Auxo knows when applications are running in the background, and will alert you when you’re about to close an application that is running. In addition, it allows you to close all applications at once by holding down on an application. You can close applications individually by swiping down on them. At $1.99, Auxo is worth the price and worth checking out. (Note: Not yet compatible with iPad.)

2. MountainCenter

MountainCenter brings the smooth OS X Mountain Lion-style Notification Center animation to your iOS device. After installing the tweak, you will be able to swipe in from the right side of the screen to reveal Notification Center. You can adjust the number of fingers it takes, choose the side of the screen you want to swipe from, and the sensitivity of the swipe gestures. At $2.99, the tweak is a little pricey for what it does, but the overall satisfaction of the tweak is worth it in the end.

3. PasswordPilot

Passwordpilot is a great jailbreak tweak because it remembers your Apple ID password for you so that you don’t have to type it in when you download free or paid applications in the App Store. iOS 6 has a new feature that makes it so you don’t have to enter your password for application updates, however if you are downloading a free application and don’t feel like entering your Apple ID password, then PasswordPilot has your back. If you’re worried about people purchasing paid applications on your iOS device without your consent, we recommend setting a passcode after installing this tweak. Your password will be encrypted, so PasswordPilot does its best to keep your information secure. This tweak is free, so if you want to save some time when downloading applications, you should check it out!

4. CallBar

CallBar makes answering calls so much better on your iPhone. Rather than having an intrusive phone interface pop up when you have an incoming call, CallBar will display an iOS-like banner that shows you have an incoming call. You’ll be able to answer, dismiss, or decline an incoming call with CallBar by using its gestures. CallBar also comes with a dial pad so you can create outgoing calls right from the CallBar interface. The tweak is friendly with iOS 6’s new caller messages too! At $4.99 CallBar is a little pricey, but for the functionality, it’s well worth it!

5. Safari Download Manager

Safari Download Manager is a download manager for Safari that is built right into the main Safari interface. With it, you can download files from Web sites and save them to your iOS device’s file system. You’ll be able to access these files through file browsers, such as iFile. The tweak allows for simultaneous downloads and looks very native. For anyone looking to download files on the go, Safari Download Manager is a must-have, but sets you back $5.

6. ProTube 2

ProTube 2 is an add-on for Google’s YouTube application, which launched in the App Store after Apple removed YouTube from iOS in iOS 6. With ProTube 2, you can download YouTube videos to your device in any quality you want, import downloads to your media library with the Bridge application, block all YouTube ads, choose your streaming video quality, watch downloads with AirPlay. ProTube 2 can be seen from the sidebar in the YouTube application and it integrates very nicely into the YouTube application. If you’re a YouTubeaholic, then you should grab ProTube 2 for the tiny price tag of $1.99. (Note: Not yet compatible with iPad.)

7. Activator

Activator is, simply put, a very useful application for any jailbroken iOS device. With Activator, you can call events by invoking gestures, such as double-tapping your status bar, shaking your device, or pinching your home screen (there are also many more gestures). Activator has deep integration with many jailbreak tweaks, so you’ll find its centralization to be very appealing. It’s a great way to quickly get things done without fiddling with goofy interfaces. Activator is completely free, so you should grab it as soon as you jailbreak your device.

8. Zephyr

Zephyr is a powerful jailbreak tweak that allows you to simply swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the App Switcher. When you’re in applications, swiping up will close the applications, while swiping up and holding for a few seconds will bring up the App Switcher. Zephyr also comes with the ability to swipe between applications side-to-side just like you can on the iPad, and it comes with a Flowtation-like Notification Center animation. You can enable or disable any of its features on demand, so you can use it for what you like about it best. It’s also compatible with Auxo. Zephyr became a classic the day it was launched and you can grab it for only $2.99.

9. Unlock iOS 6 Maps

Unlock iOS 6 Maps enables the 3-D Flyover View and Turn-By-Turn navigation in the iOS 6 Maps application for older devices like the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, and iPod touch 4G. These devices have the feature disabled because they’re slower than newer devices, however the features are still usable on older devices. Unlock iOS 6 Maps makes it so you can at least use them if you want to. These older devices are included under the list of devices that evasi0n will support, so this tweak will come off as useful for many people that haven’t been fortunate enough to upgrade to a newer iOS device. Unlock iOS 6 Maps is absolutely free, so there’s no good reason not to grab it and add additional functionality to iOS!

10. Deck

Deck is an awesome Activator-based toggle and shortcut platform and a good alternative to the notorious SBSettings. With it, you can reveal a panel on the side of your iOS device’s screen that shows you a column of customizable toggles or shortcuts. There are some useful ones like flashlight, respring, reboot, enabling or disabling cellular data, Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth, and you can also set buttons as shortcuts for launching applications. At just $1.99, this is a great-looking and useful tweak to look into.

If you like any other iOS 6-compatible jailbreak tweaks, feel free to list them in the comments so other readers can check them out.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 01-31-2013 at 02:06 PM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

2k1 (01-31-2013), catstide (02-04-2013), Hip5 (01-31-2013), metaserph (01-31-2013), Mrteacup (01-31-2013), Simon (01-31-2013)

is sbssettings updated too?

Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    is sbssettings updated too?
    I believe there are a few safe mode issues when you tap on certain things in SBSettings when running iOS 6. I can't absolutely say it's iOS 6 compatible yet.

Are any if not all of them compatible with iPhone 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Mc-Lovin_341 View Post
    Are any if not all of them compatible with iPhone 5?
    Please read the second paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Please read the second paragraph.
    Sorry yeah my bad -.-

What's the possible thing that could happen installing on an unsupported device?

cannot wait to have callback back on my phone!

Quote Originally Posted by Mc-Lovin_341 View Post
    Sorry yeah my bad -.-

What's the possible thing that could happen installing on an unsupported device?
    Worst that could happen is safe mode, honestly. And even then you can go ahead and uninstall the tweak from Cydia.

If you end up in a boot loop, mobile substrate comes with a feature that you can get into Safe Mode by holding one of the volume buttons (or both? I forget exactly) when the device is powering on to get into Safe mode.

You can also SSH into the device and uninstall tweaks manually.

If the absolute worst comes to it, you can restore in iTunes because iOS 6.1 is still being signed.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,307 Times in 2,100 Posts

I love Barrell and Gridlock...hope these tweaks are going to be gd to go on the i5! :-)

Great job Anthony with trying to keep everyone informed as much as possible!

I'm finding it very useful!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Default Question
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I believe there are a few safe mode issues when you tap on certain things in SBSettings when running iOS 6. I can't absolutely say it's iOS 6 compatible yet.
    What is the tweak than enables split screen capability on iPads?

Is the evasi0n site down for everyone??

Quote Originally Posted by h1erophant View Post
    What is the tweak than enables split screen capability on iPads?
    Quasar? I think.

Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    Working for me. It's being bombarded by people at the moment, that's why it's down for some.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Is there a way to turn on/off the password requirement for updating apps? I'm on 6.1, previously 6.0.1, 6.0... And it has always asked for my password for updates.

iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Thanks

Winterboard?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    Just wait till the jailbreak is released... That site is gonna be swamped!

What about LockBar? I think that's the one that can password lock applications?

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    Is there a way to turn on/off the password requirement for updating apps? I'm on 6.1, previously 6.0.1, 6.0... And it has always asked for my password for updates.
    iOS 6 isn't supposed to ask for your password on updates. However, PasswordPilot will have you covered in the future .

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Thanks for the update ill use about half of them.

Thanks

Maybe ill try password pilot... Could it be that I have restrictions set to ask for passwords immediately and that overrides even the updates? My kids like to browse the App Store so not having a password for purchases is dangerous!

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    Maybe ill try password pilot... Could it be that I have restrictions set to ask for passwords immediately and that overrides even the updates? My kids like to browse the App Store so not having a password for purchases is dangerous!
    I think PasswordPilot Pro has the functionality you're looking for.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast