+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ten Great iOS 6-Compatible Tweaks You'll Want to Try When the iOS 6 Jailbreak Debuts

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by chris52204 "Ten Great iOS 6-Compatible Tweaks You'll Want to Try When the iOS 6 Jailbreak Debuts" I am totally lost.... unlock iOS 6 maps for devices that
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,054 Times in 772 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chris52204 View Post
    "Ten Great iOS 6-Compatible Tweaks You'll Want to Try When the iOS 6 Jailbreak Debuts"

I am totally lost.... unlock iOS 6 maps for devices that are currently jailbreakable such as the 3gs and 4? As far as I know the 3gs and 4 can already be jailbroken which means they can install that already and don't have to wait. So why would they have to wait for the ios6 jailbreak release? In my opinion that should have been left out because those who are waiting for the jailbreak already has iOS6 maps.
    Just because there's an existing tethered jailbreak doesn't mean that people want to have the tethered jailbreak. Most have either stayed on iOS 5.1.1, or haven't jailbroken at all.

The iPhone 3GS and 4 are included in the upcoming iOS 6 untethered jailbreak, and the untethered part of the jailbreak makes the tweak even sweeter than before. All of the other tweaks can be installed on the tethered jailbreak on older devices as well, FYI.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

And for the security/privacy conscious:

1. Firewall-IP - (BUY don't Pirate!)
    2. Ad-Blocker - (BUY don't Pirate!)
    3. PMP (Protect my Privacy)
    4. iBlacklist
    5. Contact Privacy
    6. Apps Using Location

Because even "legitimate" App store apps shouldn't be allowed to scan your; Device-ID, location, contacts, photos, sms, email, calendar, music collection, and sell the info to 3rd parties unless you allow!They have been doing it for years on stock iOS and its getting worse. So don't be a "suckled sucker" BUY (don't pirate) the apps above most of which are free, and watch what happens when you launch an app store app. Mind will be blown! Sayin...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ozzie5374's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey Protube 2 for iphone 4 5.1.1. I'm sick of "File type not compatible" popups. Downloads the youtube file name but NO video!! So I bought Bridge also. Cannot import. Cannot download using YouTube URL!!
    Total number of YouTube videos downloaded out of a dozen or so attempts = zero!! Be interesting to see if author responds to my email request for help.
    Total waste of 4 bucks!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie5374 View Post
    Hey Protube 2 for iphone 4 5.1.1. I'm sick of "File type not compatible" popups. Downloads the youtube file name but NO video!! So I bought Bridge also. Cannot import. Cannot download using YouTube URL!!
    Total number of YouTube videos downloaded out of a dozen or so attempts = zero!! Be interesting to see if author responds to my email request for help.
    Total waste of 4 bucks!!
    Contact Jonas Gessner on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/JonasGessner

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie5374 View Post
    Total waste of 4 bucks!!
    Hi,

make sure that you are using the latest version of ProTube 2. Any older versions are not working anymore due to constant changes on YouTube. Also there is no error message saying "File type not compatible" that I know of. If you are using the latest version and you still have issues then please explain in more detail what exactly is not working for you as I can't fully understand your formulation.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Everything I try downloading keeps getting a error saying NetDB: Open nodename nor servname provided, or not known

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DeathOfLife View Post
    Everything I try downloading keeps getting a error saying NetDB: Open nodename nor servname provided, or not known
    The jailbreak just came out, and hundreds of thousands of people are accessing Cydia right now.

When you run hundreds of thousands of processes on your personal computer, you'll notice that will will slow down, become unresponsive, maybe even just crash.

This is what the Cydia repository servers are going through right now, although they're just a little more powerful than the average personal computer.

Wait and give the repositories time to appease the traffic. This could take hours, days, even a week or two.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Live Clock has just been updated and working.

Thanks

seems quasar 1.3 still not compatible as it crash the springboard
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1066377445.png

Thanks
    Lockinfo for IOS 6 crashed at first. I uninstalled and reinstalled and all is well. I don't know about add ons as I didn't add any 2nd time

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ryaninfg's Avatar
    Thanks

Icon passcode and status tweak both work in iOS 6.. I wonder if weather icon will be updated?? Especially since lock info was.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ryaninfg's Avatar
    Thanks

Perpage HTML

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Did something change about Deck since this article was first released?
    It says it's not compatible with iOS6 on Cydia... :/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2moon View Post
    Did something change about Deck since this article was first released?
    It says it's not compatible with iOS6 on Cydia... :/
    According to the description it's never been iOS 6 compatible. Although after using a pirated copy it seems pretty stable and mark my words before anyone says anything I'm buying that tweak as soon as it gets official iOS 6 support

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aidanharris View Post
    According to the description it's never been iOS 6 compatible. Although after using a pirated copy it seems pretty stable and mark my words before anyone says anything I'm buying that tweak as soon as it gets official iOS 6 support
    That makes 2 of us. I really liked it but after seen it on this article I was surprised to find it's not actually iOS6 compatible... :/

+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456