Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ten Great iOS 6-Compatible Tweaks You'll Want to Try When the iOS 6 Jailbreak Debuts

Batterydoctor pro. It's free and the drop down toggles when u touch the status bar battery is sbsettings like. Awesome tweak! Toggles can also be added to NC. It also offs many battery saving prompts, such as clear all apps from switcher after a preset time and switch to 2g when locked after a preset time.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryaninfg For This Useful Post:

aidanharris (02-01-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alexdakidd View Post
    Why would things (tweaks) just stop working. Yea there might be an update for them, but hey ill still be on the firmware that the tweak was intended for at that time. How can it go wrong? Im no expert by the way.lol
    Sorry, I am referring to Apple apps. And...technically, the app probably wouldn't stop working but you won't be able to update them at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Worst that could happen is safe mode, honestly. And even then you can go ahead and uninstall the tweak from Cydia.

If you end up in a boot loop, mobile substrate comes with a feature that you can get into Safe Mode by holding one of the volume buttons (or both? I forget exactly) when the device is powering on to get into Safe mode.

You can also SSH into the device and uninstall tweaks manually.

If the absolute worst comes to it, you can restore in iTunes because iOS 6.1 is still being signed.
    Can't you also use a headphone remote if the volume doesnt work? It didn't on my old iPod.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
    Can't you also use a headphone remote if the volume doesnt work? It didn't on my old iPod.
    Yeah, but you use the middle button instead of volume up.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    That's up to wanna stay at 5.1.1 that's fine. Totally up to you
    Is there a good reason why people like me should update?

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Sorry, I am referring to Apple apps. And...technically, the app probably wouldn't stop working but you won't be able to update them at some point.
    See Shazam, 1Password, most Apple apps and more...

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Just becuse maybe if apple pulls something like update 6.1.1 and close 6.1 you will be stuck

Why would things (tweaks) just stop working. Yea there might be an update for them, but hey ill still be on the firmware that the tweak was intended for at that time. How can it go wrong? Im no expert by the way.lol
    If you don't update, you're not going to be able to install any of the iOS 6-only jailbreak tweaks that are pretty much going to be all of the releases from the release date of the jailbreak onward.

Just update. You're going to be frustrated when a cool new jailbreak tweak comes out and it doesn't support iOS 5.1.1.

Many current jailbreak tweaks support iOS 6 already. And iOS 6 support is coming in the future to many more.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Just becuse maybe if apple pulls something like update 6.1.1 and close 6.1 you will be stuck
    Exactly! I realize you're content w/ 5.1.1 and everything worx fine but eventually everything will be updated for 6.1, as well. Waiting and patience is just a part of this community.

I, personally, want you to update so you don't miss out on the 6.1 signing window. Yes, you'll automatically get your blobs saved but you'll be behind on tweax that might only be iOS 6.x compatible.

...my two cents

LOL! Anthony beat me to it! ^

Thanks

No tweaks just themes for me baby!
    Can't wait it's going to be awesome

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Really?!?! No tweax????
    I'm completely opposite...I don't even install Winterboard unless I have to!

Really?!?! No tweax????
    I usually use Winterboard at first but then don't use it when I have too many tweaks. With more Ram and a better processor this time around on the touch, hopefully that will be good. Unlike last time when they cheaped out.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    No tweaks? Ack

Thanks
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

Really?!?! No tweax????
    Just a modded [email protected]k file can do the trick. Extracted an iPhone 4 6.1 IPSW last night and decrypted the Rootfs.dmg...made me think You could just mod all of your files in the directories repack and get iTunes to install your Custom
    IPSW renamed as the default one and install. Modded iPhone with no jailbreak!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Just a modded [email protected]k file can do the trick. Extracted an iPhone 4 6.1 IPSW last night and decrypted the Rootfs.dmg...made me think You could just mod all of your files in the directories repack and get iTunes to install your Custom
    No checksum error on restore?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    No checksum error on restore?
    I haven't got that far yet. It was only an idea. I believe it would like recompiling the Shared@2x artwork files which is easy enough as long as the same dimensions and byte sizes it could possibly work?
    Looking through it all it's exactly how it looks in iFile directory structure wise so as long as you do image for image and maybe same byte size IT may work...
    Could be useful for ppl on iPhone 4 and older who don't want to jailbreak for whatever reasons...???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Afaik, that would only work w/ a few 'graphic' files and that's it. As far as actual tweaks, you'd need mobile substrate to bypass Apple settings

Thanks

Afaik, that would only work w/ a few 'graphic' files and that's it. As far as actual tweaks, you'd need mobile substrate to bypass Apple settings
    Sorry I meant in terms of Winterboard bypass etc. no def tweaks would def not work. I believe the Shared@2x artwork which contains over 1100 images would work and the icons / images within native apps would be a possibility too.

Might need to test on a 4.

If ONLY there was a bootrom exploit for the 4S and 5! LOL

No bootrom exploit no decrypting the Rootfs dmg! :-(

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Bookmarked this, hopefully I'll be back Sunday.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast