+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Temple Run 2 Breaks Record for Fastest Growing Mobile Game

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,038 Times in 760 Posts

Default Temple Run 2 Breaks Record for Fastest Growing Mobile Game

The developers of Temple Run 2, Imangi Studios, announced 4 days after the release of the game that the game achieved 20 million downloads since its release. This was big.... at the time.

But even better, Imangi Studios has announced Thursday afternoon that Temple Run 2 has broken a previously set record to become the world’s fastest-growing mobile game – even more popular than the Angry Birds Space game, which achieved 50 million downloads in just 35 days back in 2012. Temple Run 2 has achieved more than 50 million downloads in the last 13 days, officially spanking Angry Birds.

Temple Run 2 remains at placeholder number two in the Free section of the App Store’s Top Charts tab. It has been in the Free section of the App Store’s top charts ever since its initial release and has maintained a static position there. Reviews of Temple Run 2 reflect upon its success, as the game holds a 4-star rating in the App Store, minus the occasional dissatisfied customer that isn’t happy with something about the new series.

The game improves upon its predecessor with improved graphics and smoother game play. In addition, the character you play as is now chased by a huge gorilla rather than multiple little monkeys. Players will also find minecart and zip-line challenges in combination with the terrain challenges that players will need to dodge as they continue to run away from the beast that is chasing them.

Temple Run 2 is a free download in the App Store, so if you’re interested in seeing why it has become so successful, you can grab it from this link.

Sources: Imangi Studios via 9to5Mac

Thanks

Good on them. They deserve it I don't know where they got the concept of Temple Run from but it is such an addictive game with an amazing sequel.

Thanks

good game but temple run 2 seems way to easy compared to temple run 1,part one it took me really long to get 45 mil,this one i can get 10 mil easy,once i get all my power ups i am sure i can get a easy 60 mil or so

Thanks

I guess I'm the only person who wasn't all excited about the sequel. I downloaded it on the first day, but quickly realized it was Temple Run 1, but with better graphics.

Pretty uncreative, IMO. I deleted it after about 5 minutes of playing.

*EDIT: I should add that I never made it to a zip line or minecart. It was too boring for me to wait that long. Maybe I should give it another shot?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Breezy215's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    I guess I'm the only person who wasn't all excited about the sequel. I downloaded it on the first day, but quickly realized it was Temple Run 1, but with better graphics.

*EDIT: I should add that I never made it to a zip line or minecart. It was too boring for me to wait that long. Maybe I should give it another shot?
    The zip line is the first thing you do at the start of every game

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,038 Times in 760 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post

Definitely worth another shot. I'm Templed out and bored of the game now, but it was fun and addicting while it lasted.

*T*
    Thanks

How is this possible... Temple Run 1 was among the worst game I have ever played. Not to mention the infinite points hack.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    How is this possible... Temple Run 1 was among the worst game I have ever played. Not to mention the infinite points hack.
    For those saying how is this possible or it is just temple run with a new skin it is not. Temple Run 2 is a complete code re-write

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I think Temple Run 2 has much more better scenery compared to the original one. Apart from that, not much difference from the first version.