+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The evasi0n Jailbreak GUI is 68% Complete, Waiting On Linux

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,038 Times in 760 Posts

Default The evasi0n Jailbreak GUI is 68% Complete, Waiting On Linux

Pod2g announced the evasi0n jailbreak tool last night and the evad3rs launched evasi0n.com, the soon-to-be download site for the jailbreak tool. The last we knew it, the GUI was being prepared for the jailbreak tool, however the Web site now shows that the Windows and Mac OS X versions of the tool have been completed and they are now working on the Linux tool. So the GUI is 68% complete (2/3 done).

After the GUI is completed, the hackers plan to commence an internal private beta testing, likely amongst the hackers themselves, to help ensure that the jailbreak works correctly, and to hammer out any last-minute bugs or glitches that may still be present in the jailbreak in its current form.

After the bugs and glitches have been hammered out, there will be nothing else standing in the way of the release. That being said, itís a good idea to begin preparing your iOS device(s) for the jailbreak before you actually perform it. We at ModMyi have put together a short and optional guide that you can follow to help ensure that your jailbreak will go as smoothly and perfectly as possible. Check it out!

The jailbreak is expected to be out within a week, possibly Sunday, so keep your eyes peeled and stay tuned to ModMyi for the latest!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,177 Times in 6,969 Posts

Cue the "Nobody cares about Linux, just release it already" posts lol.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

*T* (01-31-2013), metaserph (01-31-2013), Moneymikey (01-31-2013), ohthatguyagain (01-31-2013)

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,038 Times in 760 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Even so, still has to be tested

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

God love kiki the cat

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

I'm saying Saturday it will release

rcm
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This is a historic jailbreak release, specially because for the first time ever 3 of the best jailbreakers have come together, so yeah maybe Linux isn't the most important of famous os, but is still a very used os and they just want to have all their bases covered.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    This is a historic jailbreak release, specially because for the first time ever 3 of the best jailbreakers have come together, so yeah maybe Linux isn't the most important of famous os, but is still a very used os and they just want to have all their bases covered.
    You realize I wasn't saying that right?
    And this is not the first time these 3 jailbreakers have worked together on a jailbreak. They pretty much did the same thing last year with the first 4S jailbreak.

rcm
    Thanks

You realize I wasn't saying that right?
    And this is not the first time these 3 jailbreakers have worked together on a jailbreak. They pretty much did the same thing last year with the first 4S jailbreak.
    I know what you meant, and I know it isn't the first time they have come together, but this time they have a new group, unlike before were we had to check each one tweeter, now there is one single place were everything is.

Thanks

I know what you meant, and I know it isn't the first time they have come together, but this time they have a new group, unlike before were we had to check each one tweeter, now there is one single place were everything is.
    Ok, just making sure. I believe they should take all the time they need, have always been patient regarding jailbreaks. And yes, it is nice to be able to go to one place for updates, although I find they still give more frequent updates on their personal twitter accounts.

rcm
    Thanks

Ok, just making sure. I believe they should take all the time they need, have always been patient regarding jailbreaks. And yes, it is nice to be able to go to one place for updates, although I find they still give more frequent updates on their personal twitter accounts.
    true, i've checked the evad3r twitter and i haven't seen any updates since the account was created, except for the link to the evasi0n site.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

true, i've checked the evad3r twitter and i haven't seen any updates since the account was created, except for the link to the evasi0n site.
    Simon was talking about their "personal" twitter accounts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Simon was talking about their "personal" twitter accounts.
    And he was agreeing with him with that statement...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

A big thank you to all you guys for your hard work THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks

One thing @i0n1c has right, these evad3rs have mastered the art of designing a web page that generates lots of views and refreshes and therefore more ad revenue for them.

I definitely don't have a problem with it, but I find it funny how ever since they've launched that site everyone has been going crazy over it!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    One thing @i0n1c has right, these evad3rs have mastered the art of designing a web page that generates lots of views and refreshes and therefore more ad revenue for them.

I definitely don't have a problem with it, but I find it funny how ever since they've launched that site everyone has been going crazy over it!
    For now all People can do is read , God-given talent they have ,enjoy it it's for the People
    Last edited by Cmds187; 01-31-2013 at 11:06 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

Good for them. Not nearly enough people donate to make their efforts worthwhile, so any way they can recoup costs is fine by me! I clicked on a few ads just to help out! Haha

19. The Following User Says Thank You to HovikGas For This Useful Post:

kuanyu (01-31-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i hope it will come out this saturday 11:59pm ( So i can stay up all morning from 12am to all day to finish install / setup as till i satified. I can't wait to donate it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

you know what I didn't even realise that there was ads on the page until i looked at the page source, i block all ad's at DNS level. Nice way to generate cash though. More power to them they put time in so if they can make something from it somewhere then good for them. Same as app devs who put ads in their apps.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Loxs For This Useful Post:

aidanharris (01-31-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Loxs View Post
    you know what I didn't even realise that there was ads on the page until i looked at the page source, i block all ad's at DNS level. Nice way to generate cash though. More power to them they put time in so if they can make something from it somewhere then good for them. Same as app devs who put ads in their apps.
    I didn't realise either. I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure they make next to nothing on every click of an advert.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast