Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The evasi0n Jailbreak GUI is 68% Complete, Waiting On Linux

Interesting reply here form Planetbeing, who totally spanked a guy that was mad for the evad3rs taking so long with the GUI.

Reddit Link

Hopefully everyone here at ModMyi appreciates the care they put into making sure everything works properly for everyone under every possible situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    After Linux, you'll have to wait for internal testing anyhow.

You bet they're testing the jailbreak while the one programming the Linux application programs the Linux application. I'm sure they're not wasting any time.
    Actually, yeah, there will be waiting either way, I get it. What I really want is some of my other favorite tweaks to be updated for iOS 6 (like FolderIcons, complete Springtomize (been using beta and still some features not working)). I wish I never upgraded to 6 until all of my favorite tweaks were ready. I miss you 5.1.1!

Quote Originally Posted by shukunmoppu View Post
    Actually, yeah, there will be waiting either way, I get it. What I really want is some of my other favorite tweaks to be updated for iOS 6 (like FolderIcons, complete Springtomize (been using beta and still some features not working)). I wish I never upgraded to 6 until all of my favorite tweaks were ready. I miss you 5.1.1!
    A completely new version of Sprngtomize will likely need to be written for iOS 6. I don't think Filippo has any plans to update Springtomize 2 for iOS 6. Most likely Springtomize 3 coming soon.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Sounds good ill be gitting it

Quote Originally Posted by MoDaLoT View Post
    I'm just wondering when they release it I know everybody's going to be trying to download it at the same time probably will crash the server???
    It can't crash the P2P network

Download it with your favorite torrent client or newsgroup. They usually post the links to servers and p2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Interesting reply here form Planetbeing, who totally spanked a guy that was mad for the evad3rs taking so long with the GUI.

Reddit Link

Hopefully everyone here at ModMyi appreciates the care they put into making sure everything works properly for everyone under every possible situation.
    I'm great full for what they do and will donate as usuall , but a status update earlier would of been nice. As everyone was loosing hope. And it seems like pod2g came late in the game as they found 2 or 3 exploits as soon as he put his head into it. That kinda sounds like a little fighting among the dev team.

Jailbreaking IOS 6.1 is not so easy as evad3rs believed. I assume that 68% will be there for some time or is a big and ugly fake, fake, fake!!!!!
    Last edited by AGIAMIU; 02-01-2013 at 07:26 AM.

Just an update for everyone who hasnt noticed, Evasi0n at 75%!! We're 3/4 done!! Private windows and Mac beta testing has begun, Linux is still in the works.

They should just skip Linux. More people use Windows and OS X than Linux on a computer anyways. It's holding back everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    Just an update for everyone who hasnt noticed, Evasi0n at 75%!! We're 3/4 done!! Private windows and Mac beta testing has begun, Linux is still in the works.
    I still see 68%, maybe it's my browser.

Quote Originally Posted by AGIAMIU View Post
    Jailbreaking IOS 6.1 is not so easy as evad3rs believed. I assume that 68% will be there for some time or is a big and ugly fake, fake, fake!!!!!
    They've had it for days, the problem is that they've only had it for the beta version of ios 6.1, converting it to public version is always a problem, specially since they've said that it will be a universal JB, with some ATV exceptions.
    Last edited by rcm; 02-01-2013 at 07:54 AM.

Thanks

Still show 68% on mine to

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Still show 68% on mine to
    just hit refresh, and now it's in a reloading loop

Thanks

Just refreshed again its at 75% now woot

Ok now I'm suspicious, 75% but now they are starting Windows and OSX testing, but I thought those were done and Linux was the only one left.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,177 Times in 1,362 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    Ok now I'm suspicious, 75% but now they are starting Windows and OSX testing, but I thought those were done and Linux was the only one left.
    Why suspicious?!?! They said they were working on Linux and were going to start the beta starting. Now they've started testing; what's the worry?
    Last edited by thazsar; 02-01-2013 at 08:03 AM.

because 68% said that applications for Windows and OSX were ready, and the only thing left was Linux and beta testing, so by that I understood that Win and OSX were done and only Linux remained before the release.

but don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't think there working on it, just that I think they might not meet that Sunday deadline, though they haven't really given a date, but more or less they've left hints here and there.
    Last edited by rcm; 02-01-2013 at 08:05 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,177 Times in 1,362 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    because 68% said that applications for Windows and OSX were ready, and the only thing left was Linux and beta testing, so by that I understood that Win and OSX were done and only Linux remained before the release.
    I see! No, they were saying that they had the Win/OSX jailbreak program completed but then they need to test the jailbreak w/ both systems to make sure the program runs smooth. Does that make sense?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wargasmtornado's Avatar
    Thanks

I wont get to jailbreak 6.1 till i get home next friday :-/ my life is meaningless
    ipod 4G,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    iphone 4,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    i really,really hate using Winterboard

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

I just checked.......it's 75% done !!

Quote Originally Posted by Wargasmtornado View Post
    I wont get to jailbreak 6.1 till i get home next friday :-/ my life is meaningless

It certainly is !

Yeah, I'm sure there are only like 2 people who use Linux that want to JB their phone and don't have access to a Windows or Mac computer.. Let the JB roll please!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast